Awoo.

Sonic Generations for PC!?!? Official

Woun

I'm already planning on picking this game for the 360 and 3DS so this news doesn't effect me that much. But it's good to know that people who don't own a HD console could get the chance to play Generations so Sega haven't left the Wii owners out. :)

34qs8hw.png

WHAAAAAAAAT?

Fuck you PS3, I'll be doin' some fantabular modifying on my PC, thank you very much.

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Modding Sonic Generations? .... Wait a minute.....

9bf42o.png

Just think of the possibilities!

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well for the most part PC's have the superior multiplats.

Not to mention there's mods, and if it's on Steam, you can get for around 15-20 bucks, maybe even less.

as long as I can bu it on a disc, I'm coolcats with that, Sega!

(Seriously, I have DIAL-UP, and I can't leave it running for more than like 8 hours without it forcing my off)

PC version of Sonic Generations? Awwwwww yeaaaaaahhhh. I am so totally not regretting purchasing this overpriced monster of a computer.

Manually forcing maximum overdrive settings for everything like a boss. Why... with this spiffy nVidia 3D Vision setup, I can even play it in 3D; so no matter which version of the game (HD or 3DS) I play I get to enjoy the awesomeness of depth perception! Yaaaay.

as long as I can bu it on a disc, I'm coolcats with that, Sega!

(Seriously, I have DIAL-UP, and I can't leave it running for more than like 8 hours without it forcing my off)

Oooooooh. I get what you mean, dudette... I had Dial-Up for almost my entire teenaged life.

It sucked. D:

Edited by Tatsumaki

Oooooooh. I get what you mean, dude... I had Dial-Up for almost my entire teenaged life.

It sucked. D:

*cough*she's-a-dudette*cough*

But yeah. Disc or no buy as far as I'm concerned. I hate download games, and will only buy a game like that if there's no other way to get it legally.

*cough*she's-a-dudette*cough*

But yeah. Disc or no buy as far as I'm concerned. I hate download games, and will only buy a game like that if there's no other way to get it legally.

Edited. Thanks for clearing that up. :D Sorry, Baking Blue Potatoe...! '^^

Let's take the chance to reply to your post.

Uh, why? I get that physical copies are in a way, well, way better than virtual copies, but said community is growing. A lot.

If you've used Steam and their powerful Steam Cloud, you'll know why.

Besides, I can't see how it's so hard for SEGA to release the physical copy of the game and release it on Steam, like other companies have done. Which by the way, I am certain they will do, you know. Release the physical copy and virtual copy. I'd quite frankly get the physical version myself, as I am really anxious for the game. But, if I can't buy the physical copy, I should might as well get a virtual one. Much more convenient. No camping, no nightly returns, no hassle, no nothing.

Edited by Tatsumaki

ASR was released on PC for download and retail at the same time. The reason I want a hard copy of the game is because I like to own what I buy. If we start buying download groceries we'd die from starvation, and surely the same thing will happen if buy download game! [/badlogic]

• Thumbs Up 1

ASR was released on PC for download and retail at the same time. The reason I want a hard copy of the game is because I like to own what I buy. If we start buying download groceries we'd die from starvation, and surely the same thing will happen if buy download game! [/badlogic]

Yep. Thinking one and the same here. I wouldn't mind if I couldn't get a physical copy, anyway. The only thing that would put a frown on my face is the possible goodie(s) we might get by pre-ordering the game.

But, I'm not sure if I should get the possible PC version, though. I mean, I'd love to get it, but I'd like to get a PS3 as well, since Unleashed was never released on a PC.

... Wat. xD

... Why must we have an irritating love/hate relationship with SEGA? Dammit.

Edited by Tatsumaki

Funny how this announced the day after I spent quite a bit on a PS3. Oh well, I guess it's ok since I've been wanting a PS3 for awhile, and considering my computer can just BARELY handle The Sims 2, I can't imagine how slow this game would be on my PC! Plus, I have no intentions on buying a 3DS, so that would be out too.

But hey, it's good for those who couldn't get a PS3 or 360! It's nice to see a main Sonic game on a computer :)

PC version? That'd be cool if my desktop wasn't awful at doing everything. Sad thing can barely get Firefox up and going sometimes. My Laptop was severely fucked over with its hard drive crapping out, getting replaced, and having Linux installed on it (not saying that Linux is the cause of it). it just isn't the same anymore.

Hey, maybe if mother-dear gets fed up with the desktop I'll get a new (and hopefully better) one! I can dream...

Nice. I'm still only planning on picking up one of the console versions and the 3DS version on launch day, but I might get the PC version too somewhere down the line if the inevitable mods end up being good enough. While the official game looks more than good enough in fan-service so far, I can't wait to see what the community does with this.

Oooooooh. I get what you mean, dudette... I had Dial-Up for almost my entire teenaged life.

It sucked. D:

Oh man, I still remember using dial-up. Looking back, I (and everyone else at the time) must have had the patience of a saint to put up with those slow speeds. Also,

is burned into my mind thanks to dial-up. I feel for ya, Blue Potato.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pretty happy to hear about this, I should be off to Teesside University in September where I'm gonna need a very powerful computer for the course and it should be able to run this without a hitch :D 360 and PC version plz.

Awesome to hear it'll be on more platforms! Though for me, a console it where its at. The comfy couch, the big screen and achievements. B)

Looking forward to the PC mods.

• Thumbs Up 3

Awesome to hear it'll be on more platforms! Though for me, a console it where its at. The comfy couch, the big screen and achievements. B)

Indeed! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice. I'm still only planning on picking up one of the console versions and the 3DS version on launch day, but I might get the PC version too somewhere down the line if the inevitable mods end up being good enough. While the official game looks more than good enough in fan-service so far, I can't wait to see what the community does with this.

Oh man, I still remember using dial-up. Looking back, I (and everyone else at the time) must have had the patience of a saint to put up with those slow speeds. Also,

is burned into my mind thanks to dial-up. I feel for ya, Blue Potato.

OH GOD NO! -turns into pillar of salt-

• Thumbs Up 1

It's pretty ironic how you guys have crap computers and high speed and I have a monster machine, but only dial-up...

it'll be more ironic if the pc version is download only.

It's pretty ironic how you guys have crap computers and high speed and I have a monster machine, but only dial-up...

it'll be more ironic if the pc version is download only.

Easy enough since hte type of internet you pay for is unrelated to the type of computer you have. It's easy enough to have a near-10 year old computer yet still have decent speed internet because of the fact that you don't bother to upgrade the computer when it does well enough for you so far. (Which is basically the case with my dad's computer, it's practically 10 years old so it can't run crap for games or anything of the like, but our internet is fairly high-speed and decent enough.)

My laptop I know wouldn't be able to run this game at all. (It can't run portal, and it sometimes lags a bit in Photoshop every once in a blue moon.) But since I'm planning on getting both a PS3 and a 3DS eventually when I can get the money saved up, I'll end up getting one of those 2 versions. More then likely the 3DS one if it indeed does come out, since I would have more time to play it then if I had the PS3 version.

Sonic.jpg

It all makes sense now. Don't be surprised if the next issue features Sonic Generations on 3DS. :)

I'm also hoping it gets a decent treatment for its handheld counterpart. Who knows, it may even have its own unique setup of levels compared to its console brethren.

Edited by the blu blur

My fingers are crossed so tight that my bones have broken and torn through the skin. It hurts.

When's this issue going to be out btw?

My fingers are crossed so tight that my bones have broken and torn through the skin. It hurts.

When's this issue going to be out btw?

I reckon next month, since it's going to be in line with Sonic's birthday.

(The sad thing is that the issue with the teaser was my last subscribed issue. :( )

ohh yeah, I forgot about that being in the back of my last issue. But since that's for June's it's not that far away, for subscribers It would more then likely be in the mail sometime late next week, at least that's mainly deriving off of my issue receiving trend.

But still, judging from the image, they have to be covering the 3DS generations, I mean why else would they have classic Sonic shown right there with modern anyways? (and note, it would HAVE to be the 3DS one out of the versions anyways since it IS Nintendo Power. XD)

Also there is one thing that I noticed in May's NP issue as well after looking through it again. (the same issue that shows the Sonic teaser in the back) Take a look down at where I placed a blue dot as well.

--Ignore the crooked scanning job and the .JPEG file quality, as I was lazy in this--

SCN_0001.jpg

The star by it means that it's a tentative title at the time, but since this was a while ago, it's Generations, I'm sure of it.

.....but then again, I'm starting to think I might getting a bit off track of the topic with this since it's about the 3Ds one, one the PC one....

Edited by Zyron