Awoo.

Sonic Generations for PC!?!? Official

Woun

All right, guys, back on topic now please. We haven't actually time-travelled back to '06, and this isn't an '06 thread. Plenty of threads for dissecting other games, but this thread is for PC Generations.

Oh, what? A wild Pelly appeared. Wild Pelly used Ninja. It's super effective. Flyboy was Ninja'd.

• Thumbs Up 8

That's why you load the game with minimum settings first time. Games always come with some way to do that, as a failsafe in case the settings disagree with your machine.

But we're really off topic now. I can't imagine I'll be able to play Generations with the higher settings on. Hm. Actually, I wonder if there'll be a framerate option. You see that every so often on PC games.

It's not really off topic since we're discussing how the port would be handled.

I find that many games tend to auto-set it to fit your system and end up setting it far too high a lot of times.

But as for Generations, I think we'll get a simple port. Not that I mind, that probably means it'll be easy to break open and mod.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of time traveling. I wonder what you will say when Generations with its absurd time-traveling-based-story comes out. Mark my words: S06 will seem much better in terms of story based on time traveling.

The time traveling in Generations have to suck so bad for that to happen.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Oh come on! I don't think we need to start all this again. But I'll say that the gameplay was absolutely OK

I summon:

BLACKbusterCritic

0.jpg

:lol: just kidding, it's your own subjective opinion

EDIT: Oh shit! I just posted this before I read Pelly's and Flyboy's post. I'm sorry :(

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

Because that way I won't have to navigate a super-laggy and fucked up main menu if the settings are set far too high.

Edited by JezMM

Any game that has a menu that kills your PC on high settings is a poorly designed one. You solve this problem by having menus use simple, quick loading graphics, or FMV backdrops for 3D graphics etc, not by just sticking the graphics settings in a launcher so you have to go in and out of game every time you want to tweak something. That's the lazy way out.

You may need a new computer.

I have now, it's 7 yaers later.

Oh come on! I don't think we need to start all this again. But I'll say that the gameplay was absolutely OK, just a bit too slow; the art direction was just awesome and is one of the best the series ever had; the story was pretty good as well, but contained some plot holes (actually, almost (if not every) every game has plot holes) because of time traveling and Sonic's story was poor, I can agree. It's all a matter of taste, so don't state all that as a fact. It's your own subjective opinion. I know, it's kind of a trend to stamp S06 into the dirt, but it won't lead us anywhere and is not just funny anymore (and for me it never was BTW).

Speaking of time traveling. I wonder what you will say when Generations with its absurd time-traveling-based-story comes out. Mark my words: S06 will seem much better in terms of story based on time traveling.

Yeah,keep telling yourself that :rolleyes:

The shitty gameplay, horrible art direction, and the cringe worthy, convoluted story?

Teehee

This got neg repped? Lol.

Yeah,keep telling yourself that :rolleyes:

It's almost as if he thinks we're negative for the sake of being negative towards everything! Personally, I think a time travel story COULD work out well, considering that we have better new writers, I'm not quite sure how it'd be, maybe like Mario and Luigi Partners in Time?

Edited by Schismatist

I have now, it's 7 yaers later.

Oh yeah of course lol

My apologies, I didn't actually start playing HL2 till recently, so my mind must've associated it with a recent release or something.

This got neg repped? Lol.

It's almost as if he thinks we're negative for the sake of being negative towards everything! Personally, I think a time travel story COULD work out well, considering that we have better new writers, I'm not quite sure how it'd be, maybe like Mario and Luigi Partners in Time?

You my friend have just hit the jackpot.that would be awesome B)

Oh I agree. But tell that to companies like Valve who likes putting large sceneries with stuff happening in-game in the menu. :P

First time playing Half-Life 2 was hell for me.

Still, I doubt Sega will end up causing something like that.

Agreed, it seems Valve have learned their lesson though. All the game they've released since The Orange Box have had FMV videos for the menu backgrounds. ...Except L4D1 on 360 (and only on 360) for some odd reason.

Agreed, it seems Valve have learned their lesson though. All the game they've released since The Orange Box have had FMV videos for the menu backgrounds. ...Except L4D1 on 360 (and only on 360) for some odd reason.

Not true, I bought Orange Box on release, even played the TF2 beta, and TF2 did have a full 3D menu that took ages to load. They've since then patched it out however.

I meant since as in... The Orange Box was the last time they used silly 3D menus. TF2 Beta had a 3D menu though? Weird considering the main game never did.

Anyway, 3DS version confirmed. Woo! I'm still not sure that PC does mean PC though, cause why wouldn't they announce it from the start? It could be Project Café considering that...

Anyway, 3DS version confirmed. Woo! I'm still not sure that PC does mean PC though, cause why wouldn't they announce it from the start? It could be Project Café considering that...

I doubt they would call Project Café PC though since it's an already used abbreviation.

I doubt they would call Project Café PC though since it's an already used abbreviation.

That's the other thing I was thinking about. It would be a little misleading. And I would have thought that no companies would be able to disclose that any specifics on games they're developing for the system. Here's hoping it's a PC version.

Also, wasn't the titles to be released in this fiscal year? Café is already said to not launch until next fiscal year.

Also, wasn't the titles to be released in this fiscal year? Café is already said to not launch until next fiscal year.

I've not been paying enough attention to Café to know when it's supposed to released, just that it's 2012. But anyway, yay!

• 4 weeks later...