Awoo.

Sonic Generations for PC!?!? Official

Woun

WHAT? *goes to check*

So they do.

+1 rep to you. I was on their site searching Sonic Generations a few days back and that was definitely not there and neither was the 3DS version, which has also been added.

The evidence is definitely mounting up. I expect SEGA will be announcing it very soon. Maybe tomorrow on Sonic's Birthday.

It's probably most likely a typo, but I also noticed that the release date is marked down as 10/2011 as apposed to the 11/2011 that the other platforms are showing.

I'm not much of a PC gamer myself right enough, so is the £15 price difference common with PC games over console formats?

• 2 weeks later...

SEGA's let the cat out of the bag again

Latest SEGA Europe Release Schedule Lists Sonic Generations For PC, 3DS Version Delayed?

Sonic News · Posted on July 2, 2011 by Shadzter

The evidence for a PC version of Sonic Generations is really mounting up. SEGA Europe has issued a schedule for their upcoming game releases through 2011 and into 2012. Sonic Generations is down for the already known release month of November for PS3, Xbox 360 and…PC? It appears SEGA may have let the cat out of the bag again for the PC version of the game, surprising no one. What IS surprising though is the absence of the Nintendo 3DS version. SEGA Europe’s website also has no release month for the portable version and instead lists it for a Late 2011 release. Could the 3DS version of Sonic Generations be getting released slightly later than the home console (and possible PC) versions?

We’ll pass along any further details regarding both stories when they’re made available.

Sources: CVG and Eurogamer Portugal

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing that continues to perplex me is how this 'PC version' has appeared on everything (sales reports, pre-order listings, even the Steam Client Registry), yet SEGA have yet to outright confirm it's existence, or deny it for that matter. But here's the thing, what is so special about this PC version that they would try to keep it a secret? It's not like it would end up being that far different from the console versions. It would be weird if it was otherwise.

This is one of the strangest things SEGA has ever done (well to me anyway). Don’t get me wrong, I would pre-order a PC version the moment I could, but why try and hide that you are making one?

Hm.. Maybe they do that so that people would pre-order xbox360/Ps3 versions of the game first? And that may prove the price for the PC version on one of the sites (it's much cheaper).

I'm dying to see Sega confirm the PC version. Don't have either of consoles and the possibility of modding is just awesome.

I'm taking this as the first confirmation of the PC version by SEGA, and maybe the 3DS version gets really delayed so it has extra time for the improvements.

One thing that continues to perplex me is how this 'PC version' has appeared on everything (sales reports, pre-order listings, even the Steam Client Registry), yet SEGA have yet to outright confirm it's existence, or deny it for that matter. But here's the thing, what is so special about this PC version that they would try to keep it a secret? It's not like it would end up being that far different from the console versions. It would be weird if it was otherwise.

This is one of the strangest things SEGA has ever done (well to me anyway). Don’t get me wrong, I would pre-order a PC version the moment I could, but why try and hide that you are making one?

Sega did the same thing preemptively with Sonic 06 which ultimately never got released. It's not that strange of an occurrence. It's possible that the PC port at this point is merely just something they're interested in developing, and nothing says that such a port actually has a playable build anywhere. Odds probably are that if they're actually making it, it will probably be released at a later date, much like Sonic Riders.

Sonic Generations for PC.:D W00t - VERY COOL :)B):D

(AWESOME if true - I hope so at least.:( Sonic Generations PC Port FTW!:))

Edited by Spike Speedster the Hybrid
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Spike etc., do not capitalize every word in your sentence, and don't overdo it with the smilies either. We expect people to abide by basic typing rules here.

• Thumbs Up 5

As my brother owns a PS3, and I am unsure if my roommates for college next semester possess a PS3 or 360, getting this for the PC is my best bet if I want to play it regularly, or else I'll just have to go with playing the game 3 days at a time. Here's hoping the PC port follows through.

Guys tell me one thing (if you can) - is sonic geneations gonna be on PC at all. PLEASE i'v got to know!

Edited by Spike Speedster the Hybrid
  • Bad Quality Post 4

PC version would be the perfect thing to make everyone happy. Because even people who only own Nintendo consoles can get the game, then. And people who have a 10-years old PC can still change the settings to make the graphics less strong.

PC version would be the perfect thing to make everyone happy. Because even people who only own Nintendo consoles can get the game, then. And people who have a 10-years old PC can still change the settings to make the graphics less strong.

Lol good luck. SEGA tend to be very slap-dash with their PC ports. You'll probably be able to turn shadows off, remove fogging, add some more pop-up and... that's about it in terms of optimisation. But I'd hope this is the game that breaks the trend.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol good luck. SEGA tend to be very slap-dash with their PC ports. You'll probably be able to turn shadows off, remove fogging, add some more pop-up and... that's about it in terms of optimisation. But I'd hope this is the game that breaks the trend.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, now this is just getting annoying. Either confirm its existence or say it doesn’t. I can't hand you money, SEGA, until you say it exists. Until then, it just seems as though you want me to put money towards other games instead.

Well, I suppose that message sort of confirms it, but it doesn’t seem official enough to be out-right confirmed

SEGA......

180393_198289886850315_100000079158701_733558_1603348_n.jpg

Why do you keep HINTING AND CONFIRMING that you're doing a PC version but NOT ACTUALLY ANNOUNCING IT.

Just please confirm it already. Hopefully by Next month you actually announce it.

Edited by Straw Hat Eddy
  • Thumbs Up 6

Sega did the same thing preemptively with Sonic 06 which ultimately never got released. It's not that strange of an occurrence. It's possible that the PC port at this point is merely just something they're interested in developing, and nothing says that such a port actually has a playable build anywhere. Odds probably are that if they're actually making it, it will probably be released at a later date, much like Sonic Riders.