System: Wii

No. of players: up to 4 players

Release Date: Nov 16, 2008

Publisher: Nintendo

Developer: Nintendo

Genre: Simulation

Nintendo WFC: Yes

ESRB Rating: E

If life were an endless vacation, what would you do? Go fishing, collect shells or watch fireworks with friends? Build a snowman, exchange presents with family or decorate your house for the holidays? Take a trip to the city, go on a shopping spree or visit friends from all over the globe? In Animal Crossing: City Folk, life moves at a relaxed pace, but the world brims with endless possibilities.

• There’s always something new to do. In the living, breathing world of Animal Crossing: City Folk, days and seasons pass in real time, so there’s always something to discover. Catch fireflies in the summer, go trick-or-treating on Halloween or hunt for eggs on Bunny Day. If you’re in the mood for something a little faster paced, take a bus to a new urban city area that’s unique to Animal Crossing: City Folk. There you can catch a show at the theater or check out the sales at Gracie’s boutique. But if you don’t show your face back home for too long, your neighbors will miss you.

• Up to four people from your household can live and work together to build the perfect town. Design clothes and patterns, write letters and post messages on the bulletin board for each other, or invite up to three friends to visit your town using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. With the new WiiSpeak microphone, it’s like you’re all in the same room. The microphone sits atop the sensor bar and picks up the conversation of everyone in the room to encourage a more inclusive experience.

• Get to know your neighbors. The heart of Animal Crossing: City Folk is building relationships with the animals in your town as well as with other players. Befriend your animal neighbors by exchanging letters, gifts and favors. Animals can also move from town to town, bringing their memories and stories from their old towns with them. And since animals are notoriously loose-lipped, they spill all the juicy details.

• Express your personal style. Customize your town, your house and yourself by collecting bugs, fish, fossils, art, furniture, clothes and accessories. You can also go to the salon in the city to change your hairstyle and get a Mii makeover. Plus, if you design clothes in the tailor’s shop, animals will wear them and maybe even bring them to other towns.

Official Website(US): http://www.animal-crossing.com/

Official Website(EU): http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/..._city_9586.html

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mollfie

• Conando

• HelenBaby

• 7Force

I have it, I havn't played it for weeeeeeks though. I play the DS more just cos I carry around with me.

I do love it though, but then I love it on every platform.

I love this game too. It's super cute, but like Mollfie, I haven't played it for a while now. I also got the game without WiiSpeak, so I have no idea how exactly WiFi WiiSpeak works. ^^;

Edited by Gabz Girl

I haven't played this in maybe a week or so, but can always play the Animal Crossing games for hours without breaks when I actually do boot the games up. I do wish there were more changes in CF. The amount of changes put in WW were pretty big compared to the first Game Cube game.

My little sister is a bit addicted to CF, though. She litters my town with seashells. >:(

Edited by gunthetra

I have to admit, I'm still freakin' addicted to Animal Crossing even though it's been pretty much the same thing all these years. The game is crack. D:

I love this game too. It's super cute, but like Mollfie, I haven't played it for a while now. I also got the game without WiiSpeak, so I have no idea how exactly WiFi WiiSpeak works. ^^;

I don't have wii speak either, but we'll probably get it later if you can use it with more things. For just animal crossing it seems pointless.

I actually got the Wii Speak with my copy, mostly because it was a Christmas gift. It works pretty damn good, which is surprising considering most would not think a conference mic would work well for video games. Shame that many games probably won't use it. The only other one to use it, that I know of, is The Conduit.

I haven't played this in maybe a week or so, but can always play the Animal Crossing games for hours without breaks when I actually do boot the games up. I do wish there were more changes in CF. The amount of changes put in WW were pretty big compared to the first Game Cube game.

My little sister is a bit addicted to CF, though. She litters my town with seashells. >:(

When my cousin was visiting she would do that, AND steal my flowers and wear them. She was being a total retard so I banished her from playing the game.

Yeah, well, I have City Folk, anyone want to trade codes? Because Wi-fi brings soooo much more depth to Animal Crossing.

I have City Folk, but haven't played it since December. Hardly anyone I know has the game and it's just like Animal Crossing DS but with one or two adjustments there and there. I expected better.

I don't understand what people expected? Wild World was just a slightly better version of the GC version, City Folk is a slightly better version of Wild World. What did you want? If you changed it then it wouldn't be Animal Crossing.

I think the formula works *shrug* if they do anymore then all I want is better AI for the villagers and maybe a few more goals to be added so it's not just filling the art gallery, getting all the fossils, getting the biggest house, networking and whatever other goals you make for yourself (collecting fish or whatever lol). But I wouldn't be bothered if they didn't, I'd still buy it.

Will take this chance to plug my Deviantart Animal Crossing club (please join) : http://animalcrossing-club.deviantart.com/

Not only is it DA's most popular & active DA community, but we also provide you with calendar events and news each month <3

As for me : I do own Animal Crossing : City Folk. Hardly get a chance to play it, on account of Uni, though. Still not sure how to unlock my entire AC:WW catalogue through the Wii version... I already transfered my character over and that sure didn't do it =P

Edited by HelenBaby

I've got the game myself but I rarely play it these days due to the fact that I'm mostly playing something else that and I tend to find it a little boring. I've played it with a friend online but the fact she did not own a Wii Speak mic really killed it. I might give up on this game like i did with the DS version but I'll stick with it for the time being.

The DS version stole my summer of 2007! In the end I managed to completely pay off my mortgage, and nearly completely fill my catalogue (still got a little bit to do though, and am lazy)

I completely filled the paintings and fossils sections of the museum, also. I really need t go back and work on bugs/fish... I also haven't earned any of the golden tools yet. Urgh ; there's always something left to do in that game!

I wouldn't consider someone to have completely finished it unless they managed to get all 150+ resident photos/all golden tools/all the best flowers/all fruits/complete catalogue/and the highest tier Boondox feather. But I don't think anyone's crazy enough to do that xD And its not something I fancy doing, myself =P

Edited by HelenBaby

I've not played mine for about 2 weeks now. Gonna have to check my town to see whos moved out from my cussing i send to my town folk.