Awoo.

2 player Sonic generations speculation

KHCast

I recently was talking with my friend on multiplayer in sonic games and well they've been...okay at best(only because of sasasr :rolleyes: ) Then we began to have a debate over if generations had multiplayer. He said one player should play classic gameplay and the oter modern. It would be like a race to the finish. i countered, and said that the multiplayer would be to different to enjoy with friends. I think it should play like this: you choose a sonic to both play as modern or classic. If you play modern then gameplay will be the 3d we know. It would be a race to the goal gameplay but the other player would seem as a ghost to you so they can't get in your way. Same goes with 2d sonic. Both would support 2 or even 3 players. Who do you think has the best idea? If neither share your thoughts on the matter. B)

Edited by dudehedgehogfan1996

I'm fairly sure it's been confirmed that there is no multiplayer in the game, much to my personal dismay since the idea of a competitive-ish co-op between Classic and Modern Sonic would have been pretty awesome, if not sort of unrealistic though considering the amount of processing power that would have had to be used and unbalanced shift in variety that'd inevitably be present.

Wasn't it confirmed that Generations will have no multiplayer outside of leadboards (and that barely even qualifies as multiplayer).

I'd rather they first nail a strong Single Player Campaign, before forraying into Multiplayer. The Sonic Simulator stages weren't exactly multiplayer genius.

His idea sounds crap.

Mainly because it would demand that both the classic and the modern Sonic stages have to be exactly the same in terms of length and difficulty which could never happen. One player would always have an advantage and thats before any glitches/exploits have been found.

Your idea is basically ghost mode, which I think we had in Unleashed, I don't have anything against ghost mode but I just hate the idea of two player mode in what should really be a single player game.

okay i'm gonna move this post to the right area since it was accidently posted here for some reason. <_<

There's no way you can pit classic and modern Sonic against each other without giving them the same basic abilities, which goes against the whole point of the game. And since Sega's still riding the "Sonic only" train, I doubt there will even be a multiplayer mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

No multiplayer was among the first things confirmed about the game in interviews. Disappointing? Not really. It only would have worked if they did it S2 style using a a few classic skins for the Classic gameplay and modern skins for the modern gameplay.

No multiplayer was among the first things confirmed about the game in interviews. Disappointing? Not really. It only would have worked if they did it S2 style using a a few classic skins for the Classic gameplay and modern skins for the modern gameplay.

I know, i'm not to sad about it either. We were just having a friendly talk about it. :)

Dudehedgehogfan1996 please have a look at our rules

* Type with decent, understandable English with basic grammar. Capital letters, commas and general punctuation is a must. If your posts look like ass you won't be respected for it.

* Don't flame members; we're a community and tensions happen, but keep it civil.

* Don't post offensive/adult material or spam. You will be banned for it.

* Keep your signatures a nice size (without stretching the forum tables). Avatars and signatures should also be below 400kb COMBINED, so if you use a massive animated GIF, slowing down the page for other users, you're being a douchebag.

* Watch your behaviour; if you'd feel heavily embarrassed to behave a certain way in real life, because you know there's a problem with it, then don't do it here either.

Dudehedgehogfan1996 please have a look at our rules

I'm going to have to ask you to clean up your grammar a bit. Now trust me, I'm pretty much the worst at spelling/grammar (ellipsis solve all grammar problems!) but we require a basic level of effort. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

She was just pointing out the CAPS and few punctuations you missed. I think. Some of your few other posts were kinda sloppy.

i know i'm not to sad about it either. we were just having a friendly talk about it. :)

Modern Sonic multiplayer would be rather nonsensical, don't you think? If you do it locally, the splitscreen would simply be a mess.

If you do it online, it would also be a mess. The PS3 and 360 wouldn't be able to process it all. Also, PSN is gone, (AGAIN) so yeah.

And on both aspects, how would it work? Both of them Spin Dashing, Homing, Bashing, and jumping on each other? No.

Multiplayer on this game would be worse than Shadow the Hedgehog Multiplayer. We all know how that turned out.

However, Classic Sonic would be nice, since it's obviously been done before. But, there are no other playable characters. There'd have to be a different colored Sonic. Like in Sonic Colors. I still find it stupid to do, anyway. |:

Modern Sonic multiplayer would be rather nonsensical, don't you think? If you do it locally, the splitscreen would simply be a mess.

If you do it online, it would also be a mess. The PS3 and 360 wouldn't be able to process it all. Also, PSN is gone, (AGAIN) so yeah.

And on both aspects, how would it work? Both of them Spin Dashing, Homing, Bashing, and jumping on each other? No.

Multiplayer on this game would be worse than Shadow the Hedgehog Multiplayer. We all know how that turned out.

However, Classic Sonic would be nice, since it's obviously been done before. But, there are no other playable characters. There'd have to be a different colored Sonic. Like in Sonic Colors. I still find it stupid to do, anyway. |:

That's why i said it would be in ghost form. Here's a example: Imagine colors multiplayer but the other player( player 2) was a ghost. That would be like classic sonic, 2d and simple. Same would go for Modern Sonic. And yes there would be skins to choose from, like a red Sonic or even a shadow skin or knuckles skin. If you can't hit the other player by accident then what would be the huge issue?

That's why i said it would be in ghost form. Here's a example: Imagine colors multiplayer but the other player( player 2) was a ghost. That would be like classic sonic, 2d and simple. Same would go for Modern Sonic. And yes there would be skins to choose from, like a red Sonic or even a shadow skin or knuckles skin. If you can't hit the other player by accident then what would be the huge issue?

It could work, but meh.

I mentioned it previously. Players hitting and bumping into each in high speeds isn't the only problem. It's the hardware trying to process an entire stage that's meant to be single player, but then put two players with splitscreen just for the fun of it. I'm referring to Modern, by the way.