Awoo.

Police Hunt Wild Tiger in English Countryside!

Badnik Mechanic

This morning Hedge End police (South East England) were on high alert after members of the public spotted what they believed was a wild white tiger roaring the english countryside!

The local police helicopter was scrambled and began searching the area for the beast when they found the creature sunbathing in a field!

offbeat_uk_toy_tiger_05_22_11_0_20110523074716_320_240.JPG

A nearby cricket match had to be suspended and experts form the local zoo were called out as well as the zoos vets and a marksmen was also called into service.

Sounds serious doesn't it? But don't panic, as this particular tiger has a problem.

It's a rare breed known as plushi-ness-claw-machine-us.

Thats right folks, someone called the police because they got scared by a plushie tiger. Even when the police turned on their thermal imaging camera and confirmed that the tiger had no heat signature they were still unsure. So they moved the helicopter low to the ground to get a good look, when suddenly the tiger fell over on it's side due to the downdraft from the helicopters rotor blades.

Source

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 2

Their judgement sure is

tony-the-tiger-frosties.jpg

If it's upright, not moving and it doesn't have an heat signal, it's obvious it isn't real :P

• Thumbs Up 1

This is just down the road from me :P even played the Golf course right next to where it was found a number of times. Heard about this on the local news, very funny. Just wish I had seen the tiger while it was still there XD.

Edited by ENVY

Oh dear. I have the plush tiger in that photo. Its nickname is 'Derp' because it looks ridiculous from most angles. That angle, however, does it an odd amount of justice. Still... oh dear~

I'm willing to cut them slack on this cock-up considering that if they weren't absolutely sure they'd pay for it with being eaten.

EDIT: Then I read the article and discovered that this happened near me.

... *sigh*

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

I didn't read the whole article as the picture loaded last, and at first I thought, "Wow, I know tigers are big, but that bastard looks big! And he's white too! Oh, I hope they didn't have to kill the poor thing."

Then I continued reading and came out disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I somehow knew Hogfather, SSMB Special Correspondent would be first to post this, after the horse on a train thing. Whatever happens next, he'll be first on the case.

It's okay, guys. I rescued him. He's safe with me, now.

tiger.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I have the plush too, but orange.

I was fooled by the first pic though, so I guess I can't say much about the people in the story. Once is enough though, I've learned my lesson and will never be fooled aAAHHHHH FLYBOY THERE'S A TIGER BY YOU TRYING TO EAT YOUR FACE D:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Anyone wanna (e-)mail this article to The Tonight Show with Jay Leno so he could feature this on "Headlines"? This will make the crowd laugh hard (like I did). XD

It's a rare breed known as plushi-ness-claw-machine-us.

That made me laugh so hard!

I find it really funny that a plush tiger got confused for a real one. Would I love to see this on Jay Leno's headlines. It would make for great material!

It's okay, guys. I rescued him. He's safe with me, now.

tiger.jpg

Wow, Flyboy, I never knew you were so brave! You're our hero!

• Thumbs Up 1