Awoo.

Super Sonic?Hyper Sonic.

NytroFactor

Or you can just slap some hue changing filters which is ridiculously easy.

Still a waste of time.

And hell that's the epitome of useless bullshit.

If Hyper Sonic were being seriously demanded, then I would have demanded Excalibur Sonic in protest, its spin-off status be damned.

I mean, he's Super Sonic. With armor. And no annoyingly-descending ring count. And a big-ass magical talking sword. And a cape coming out of his butt. That's red and billows epically, FROM HIS BUTT. By all accounts, he's pretty impenetrable. And his existence doesn't mess up the Chaos Emerald count and thus the majority of the canon either.

Screw Hyper Sonic. tongue.gif

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 3

Couldn't care less about Hyper, but if they do have Super available, please don't make his music a ten second loop. X_X

Still a waste of time.

And hell that's the epitome of useless bullshit.

What would I not do to play Seizure Sonic Zone HD while being high like a fucking kite.

In all seriousness though, again, I see this as the same way as when I argue about Unleashed stages in this game - regardless of my stance I'm not going to dismiss the possibility since it's pretty clear Sega have placed all their bets on any piece of fanservice they can squeeze into this title, be it every single color of the rainbow.

We know someone in the world is going to care about the prospect that Sonic is pink during one frame.

Edited by Carbo

What would I not do to play Seizure Sonic Zone HD while being high like a fucking kite.

In all seriousness though, again, I see this as the same way as when I argue about Unleashed stages in this game - regardless of my stance I'm not going to dismiss the possibility since it's pretty clear Sega have placed all their bets on any piece of fanservice they can squeeze into this title, be it every single color of the rainbow.

We know someone in the world is going to care about the prospect that Sonic is pink during one frame.

Well that either involves making SEVERAL skins in different colors and having them loop or somehow making one skin that loops like a GIF image.

Edited by Segakid

Hyper Sonic flashes a whole bunch of colors. That's enough reason for me to want him in.

And lifted directly from my About Me page:

HyperSOnic.gif

OOOH, LOOK AT ALL THE COLORS!

Edited by MarcelloF

Really I was going for Hyper Sonic to make a return in Colors only because the ingredients where all there. "Sonic COLORS" "Hyper-Go-On Energy" Come on the game screamed it. It would have made a more interesting phase 3 final boss fight other than the anticlimactic flash screaming TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTH- er... I'm mean Final Color Blaster!

But yeah, It would be for fan service but isn't that what Generations is doing already. FAN SERVICE!

:EDIT:

Or possible nostalgia.

Edited by Hybrid

I really don't care about protecting the game from being broken by Hyper forms. But why don't you just give all the brokenness of Hyper Sonic, to Super Sonic? Why create a second "more broken" form instead of just having the one broken form?

Fan service. This is the one time where it's legitimately feasible.

Well, I for one, actually want Hyper Sonic because:

1. He breaks the game so bad that it's good.

2. The freaking color change.

Seriously, when you play as Sonic, you are at slow/normal speed (For a skilled Sonic player)

When you play as Super Sonic you are fast (Again, for a skilled Sonic player, hell it might even feel slow)

And when you get Hyper Sonic... "When did I finish the zone?"... That's when the fun begins... Whenever I open up S3&K I finish the S3 part, get Hyper at Mushroom Hill and then play away for some fun...

Plus! There is a downside... You go so freaking fast, you can't see the bottomless pits properly!... Well most of the people here probably have the level designs of S3&K memorized but... You WILL die as Hyper Sonic in Generations... If there will be any Hyper form to begin with

Hyper Sonic is like the last cup of hot chocolate in your home. You drink it and it leaves such a taste that you want more.

Right now I can easily go "Boost! Boost! Boost!" in Colors and Unleashed without crashing anything... It feels normal speed for me... That's why I'd love to see Hyper Sonic for some real speed

You guys actually made me go out of my lurking... Oh well, back to lurking again

Edited by sayi50
  • Thumbs Up 4

Personally, I would like to see an in-game 3d model of Hyper Sonic just once.

As for Hyper Sonic being arguably pointless, I don't care. Sometimes I like pointless things. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I would like to see an in-game 3d model of Hyper Sonic just once.
Considering Hyper Sonic looks exactly the same as Super aside from the colors, you've already seen a 3D Hyper Sonic model...just not with an appropriate texture.

Same model or no, I still want to see it. Whether he looks like Nazo, or is a constantly flashing rainbow, I would like to see and play as a 'pointless', broken, silly, only for fan service, character. Really.

Same model or no, I still want to see it. Whether he looks like Nazo, or is a constantly flashing rainbow, I would like to see and play as a 'pointless', broken, silly, only for fan service, character. Really.

I would love this to death.

Actually, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was meant to be one game, they had to break it in half due to time constraints. Yuji Naka explained his vision in one of those 'History of Sonic' videos. Hyper Sonic IS canon.

Nnnope. The levels all combined are supposed to be one game. Hyper Sonic is a non-cannon extra. It's mostly blatantly obvious of this, because he's never mentioned again in anything really important ever.

I have to wonder what worth there is trying to conclude whether a fully designed and implemented bi-product of lead development times can be considered canon considering how ultimately Super Sonic's (and Hyper Sonic's) purpose became completely neutered during the transition to 3D, with any relevance mostly boiling down to the typical final boss where even the most low-brow person can figure out how redundant a second form would be in a final boss scenario since it already makes a big deal enough out of one already. Seeing how much of that purpose seems lost, Generations seems to be a title that could probably get away with maybe doing a playable Super Sonic and a final boss Hyper Sonic scenario.

If I have to be perfectly honest though I don't even see playable Super Sonic in this day and age holding any relevance. The great thing about Super back in the day was that getting him was a test of skill every time you were playing the game. Collecting emeralds was a challenge to be reckoned with since you couldn't just get back another day and collect the missing ones without having to restart, and if you could get your shit down before the final showdown, Super was one hell of a temporary reward thanks to your hard work. Hell Hyper was an extension of that as well. But games recently that do playable Super states, Sonic 4 and Colors, don't have that same appeal to it since once you unlock it, they're permanent, throwing any sense of accomplishment out of the window since it tires out an exclusive feature. I realize that's largely thanks to saves and all of that, but perhaps that's exactly the reason why I just don't see it working - Super was designed out of the typical Arcade archetype reward, something we don't get any more.

Of course in Sonic 4's case, one can simply restart the game from scratch without any major and significant repercussions to the amount of content you'd get to and unlock since, well, there just about isn't any. Too bad it's short, boring, broken, easy and not worth the effort.

Edited by Carbo

Nnnope. The levels all combined are supposed to be one game. Hyper Sonic is a non-cannon extra. It's mostly blatantly obvious of this, because he's never mentioned again in anything really important ever.

Edited by Segakid
  • Thumbs Up 1

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Thumbs Up 3

Also, in arguably the hugest story point in the game after you defeat Knuckles, Eggman steals the Master Emerald. What are those other emeralds around the Master Emerald? HMM! Lol

Also, in arguably the hugest story point in the game after you defeat Knuckles, Eggman steals the Master Emerald. What are those other emeralds around the Master Emerald? HMM! Lol

Edited by Tatsumaki

But games recently that do playable Super states, Sonic 4 and Colors, don't have that same appeal to it since once you unlock it, they're permanent, throwing any sense of accomplishment out of the window since it tires out an exclusive feature.
  • Thumbs Up 1

...Sonic 3 had save files, remember.

Sonic 3 also had a no-save option.

Sonic 3 was also a good game with massive amounts of replay value and ways to go about playing where Super Sonic was a good extension to this, but it wasn't always your free ticket out of a level. Getting Super Sonic in itself was pretty hard at first since you had to examine every nook and cranny of the huge levels to find the Giant Rings, and even then were the special stages pretty unrelenting and hard. To this date this still remains my favorite way of obtaining Super Sonic or finding secrets since it encourages exploration and challenge.

The problem I have with the Colors' method is that it clusterfucks gameplay elements to get an arbitrary reward that you'll have no use for. Sonic 4 had the right idea but the gameplay was humiliatingly short, way too easy, poorly designed and vapid.

Edited by Carbo

Sonic 3 also had a no-save option.

Sonic 3 was also a good game with massive amounts of replay value and ways to go about playing where Super Sonic was a good extension to this, but it wasn't always your free ticket out of a level. Getting Super Sonic in itself was pretty hard at first since you had to examine every nook and cranny of the huge levels to find the Giant Rings, and even then were the special stages pretty unrelenting and hard. To this date this still remains my favorite way of obtaining Super Sonic or finding secrets since it encourages exploration and challenge.

The problem I have with the Colors' method is that it clusterfucks gameplay elements to get an arbitrary reward that you'll have no use for. Sonic 4 had the right idea but the gameplay was humiliatingly short, way too easy, poorly designed and vapid.

I understand what you're saying Carbo but I respectfully, but strongly, disagree about Super not being a desirable reward. To me, it's the greatest reward that has ever graced a 3d Sonic game. I kid you not. After going through the effot of getting all those rings without a guide, I was very happy with my Super Sonic.