Awoo.

Super Sonic?Hyper Sonic.

NytroFactor

Yeah. You take one sip, realize it's expired and tastes awful, spit it out and dump the rest down the sink.

Edited by sayi50
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yikes! Nice comeback :D

This.

Well the thing is, I have a weak spot for broken things... Whenever I play a RPG or any other kind of game with power ups, if it's possible, I break it. Period.

It's that feeling that you get when you 1-hit (or 2) the final boss or go through the stage while killing everything you touch. Well I'm aware that the Modern Sonic has "Boost" now which kills the point of the Super Sonic a little...

But think about it this way

Normal Sonic + Boost = "I'm invincible 'till I run out of boost motherf*****s!!! Oh and did I mentioned that I don't run out of boost easily?"

Super Sonic = "I'm invincible and on top of that I've got unlimited boost baby!"

IF Hyper Sonic = "I'm invincible and I look cooler than Super Sonic... Oh and did I say I can erase your whole existence just by DOUBLE JUMPING?... Yeah. Digest that for a second, whoops you're already dead and let's not forget about the unlimited boost part... And I'll probably be even faster than Super Sonic... Take that."

Now as I said, I have a weak spot for broken items, equipments, skills or anything... But that doesn't mean I abuse them... First I finish the game without breaking it THEN I abuse them... The only game I broke from the start was Persona 3 FES, and that still was a little tough. I guess I didn't broke it enough...

Even right now I'm playing Disgaea and I'm breaking it as hell... Well it doesn't help the fact that bonus boss is freaking lvl4000 and the extra one is lvl6000...

tl;dr = OP(Over Powered for the people who don't know) is good. OP is fun when you laugh maniacally while you destroy everything around you

So something not being mentioned again= not canon? I guess the Werehog wasn't canon then.

I actually forgot to mention that if you look at Sonic 3's assembly code there is Sonic & Knuckles data. Sonic 3 was released unfinished with the unfinished contents hidden in memory.

And yes I admit the Werehog was a bad example but I still disagree that just because something isn't mentioned again that makes it non-canon.

In Sonic 1 and 2 the ending that was the most difficult to reach as Sonic was considered the canon/'good' ending true? Sonic 1 with all 6 emeralds and Sonic 2 with all 7 emeralds (Super Sonic). By that logic in my opinion that makes finishing Sonic 3 & Knuckles (which is essentially Sonic the Hedgehog 3, since Sonic & Knuckles is Sonic 3 Part 2 according to Yuji Naka himself) as Hyper Sonic the true ending. Therefore he's canon.

You say Hyper Sonic isn't canon because he's optional, well, collecting the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2 is optional, so does that mean that finishing the game with no emeralds is considered canon?

You think 10 months isn't enough time to throw in a few extra seconds of the starting level, and add a few extra transformations (which by the way are pretty much a pallet change and some extra coding for high jumps and all that, which takes about five minutes)?

You seem to know a lot about game development, then answer this simple coding question to prove that:

Write a class called Canon, with instance variables (in String, double and int format respectively) called HyperSonic, ChaosEmeraldCount and RingCount. Parse these into a constructor, then create a main method which prints the contents of an array containing 10 numerical values.

Answer that and I'll believe you lol

//////////////////////

//////EDIT////////////

//////////////////////

You know what I'll swallow my pride and say that I'm wrong and you're right Galaxy Man. I was being way too literal because I didn't want to be wrong, but I am so we can drop this.

Edited by Segakid

In Sonic 1 and 2 the ending that was the most difficult to reach as Sonic was considered the canon/'good' ending true? Sonic 1 with all 6 emeralds and Sonic 2 with all 7 emeralds (Super Sonic). By that logic in my opinion that makes finishing Sonic 3 & Knuckles (which is essentially Sonic the Hedgehog 3, since Sonic & Knuckles is Sonic 3 Part 2 according to Yuji Naka himself) as Hyper Sonic the true ending. Therefore he's canon.
I know you said you're dropping the subject, but for the record, the best and/or hardest to get ending isn't always the canon one. I've seen visual novels with sappy "Good" endings and more bittersweet "True" endings, and I'm pretty sure at least one of the Silent Hill games' canon endings has the main character die. As far as S3&K goes, I'd call Super Sonic the canon ending, since the Master Emerald gets returned (unlike the no-emerald ending) and you see the Eggrobo rise from the rubble after the credits (which leads into Knuckles' story).

Is Super Knuckles canon? Sonic Heroes says no.

With that, we can conclude that Hyper Sonic is probably not canon, either.

So there.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Is Super Knuckles canon? Sonic Heroes says no.

With that, we can conclude that Hyper Sonic is probably not canon, either.

So there.

Actually, Heroes file names indicate that they actually ARE Super Knuckles and Super Tails in that final battle. Of course, it's a little weird, not concrete proof and rather lame.

That is a key factor seeing as Knuckles and Tails are screwed over and only given shields, upon seeing that I was disappoint. Why is it the super hedgehogs only rule in the games now?

(OFF TOPIC: Those to can go super in the comics... wait why am I drawing parallels to the comics when we are talking about the games?)

That is a key factor seeing as Knuckles and Tails are screwed over and only given shields, upon seeing that I was disappoint. Why is it the super hedgehogs only rule in the games now?

(OFF TOPIC: Those to can go super in the comics... wait why am I drawing parallels to the comics when we are talking about the games?)

...Because he's the main character?

The real question is, is Hyper Sonic cool and do we want him in Generations?

He's not. He's boring as fuck and does nothing at all. His abilities are being the worst unlockable ever.

And no.

Honestly, I think if I saw him in Generations at all, even just for a final boss, I would feel horribly underwhelmed. I was when he first appeared, I doubt he'd do much more than just more disappointment and holy shit all this stuff he's doing to the final boss Super Sonic could do.

I mean that. You know all of Hyper Sonic's "special" abilities? Yeah in a final boss fight they're all useless. Well, even more useless. If there's flying involved, then you can't use any of them. If it's on the ground then the kill-everything jump does nothing at all anyways, and his extra speed and jump height wouldn't even feel like it, because hey why can't Super Sonic do this fight again because there's nothing to jump on and the extra speed isn't even noticeable due to REGULAR Sonic's boost being hard enough to control already so why would he be faster and HARDER to control?

It's just not very epic if the reasons why everyone likes him in the first place (which honestly are all the reasons I dislike him) aren't even going to be in there for the final boss like everyone here seems to want.

Edited by Galaxy Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hyper Sonic is cool and I'd like him to be in Generations. But I doubt it will happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hyper Sonic is cool and I'd like him to be in Generations. But I doubt it will happen.

I agree, also the color changing makes him (if only a little bit) a smaller ripoff of Super Saiyan. Plus he hasn't been overused since he was only in 1 game.

Also, I thought Hyper Sonic being faster and more uncontrollable than Super Sonic is the whole point. It's harder to unlock him and you have to be skilled to control him.

Edited by Segakid

I agree, also the color changing makes him (if only a little bit) a smaller ripoff of Super Saiyan. Plus he hasn't been overused since he was only in 1 game.

Really? I think the fact that there's a second level of Super Sonic makes the Dragonball Z comparisons even more blatant.

Really? I think the fact that there's a second level of Super Sonic makes the Dragonball Z comparisons even more blatant.

I meant what I said in the context of him not being yellow/gold like the most well known/recognized Super Saiyan form. But whatever =p The premise is the same but at least he aint yellow xD

(I actually like Super Sonic better by the way but I still think Hyper is cool and would be a nice nod to the old-school fans).

Edited by Segakid

aI never thought that Modern Sonic's Boost was hard to control. As for Sonic Colors Super Sonic, it was fast but not "Hard to control" fast... So that's why I want Hyper Sonic and his awesome speed in this game so I can train my reflexes harder... That is, if Hyper Sonic feels hard to control for me...

I had a dream of a boss battle years ago where Super Sonic was trying to fight the "Egg Coliseum"(interconnected metal planets with Eggman's face on the sun in the center), but he wasn't strong enough. He went Hyper, flew into each planet one by one and blew them up, and then blew up the Egg-sun thing. Like a boss.

If Hyper Sonic shows up in Generations and doesn't blow up an Egg Solar System it would only let me down. He can stay out.

• 2 months later...

I had a dream of a boss battle years ago where Super Sonic was trying to fight the "Egg Coliseum"(interconnected metal planets with Eggman's face on the sun in the center), but he wasn't strong enough. He went Hyper, flew into each planet one by one and blew them up, and then blew up the Egg-sun thing. Like a boss.

If Hyper Sonic shows up in Generations and doesn't blow up an Egg Solar System it would only let me down. He can stay out.

I heard a rumor that Eggman is using the Time Eater to build Planet EGG.

I heard a rumor that Eggman is using the Time Eater to build Planet EGG.

I heard a rumor that Eggman is turning into a walrus.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd love for hyper sonic to make a comeback. I even remember when people on the sega forums thought he was gonna come back in colors. Lol

Yeah gonna have to go with the crowd that says Hyper is pointless.

His abilities are rendered completely null and void since the boost has been added which pretty much does the same thing. Hell Super's inclusion in Colors was somewhat pointless in a way, doubt Hyper would be much better.

I would be for it if he had actual abilities that separated him from Super, but the Kill everything on screen is pretty much the Homing attack, and that's it....Pointless, its like Super Saiyan 2 the change is completely aesthetic and nothing else.

Sometimes aesthetics are what really matter to people. I only need to point to the last boss of Sonic Heroes to show you that.

It's kinda moot anyway, the toys and game hacking have pretty much confirmed we're getting two Super Sonics.

Sometimes aesthetics are what really matter to people. I only need to point to the last boss of Sonic Heroes to show you that.