Awoo.

Japans secret invite only Sonic birthday bash

Badnik Mechanic

So not to be outdone by the USA or the UK, Japan is also having a bit of a party. Only this one is a tad more exclusive. It's invite only, only 100 people will get a spot on the guest list but the party hosts don't get much better.

Yuji Naka, Naoto Ohshima, Takashi Iizuka and several other key Sega heads will be there for a special Q&A session which will take place on the day.

Sounds good doesn't it? Well it gets better.

Every guest will recieve a special "Sonic's birthday party" T-Shirt which will NOT go on general sale.

Demos of Sonic Generations will also be on hand for every guest to play.

Finally, there will be a special 'lottery' where other prizes will be given out.

Here is where you apply for tickets. Should you be able to read Japanese... or speak it... or be in Japan on that date.

• Thumbs Up 1

Iizuka, Naka, AND Oshima?

Sounds like one heck of a guest list.

Probably won't ever happen again... well, not until Sonic's 40th :P

Eyes peeled on eBay real soon

Maybe I should bombard SoJ daily, writing exclusively in caps "WHERE IS MY TICKET I LIVE IN THE UK I NEED TO ASK MY MUM IF I CAN GO AND IT IS NEARLY TIME PLEASE SEND IT SOON."

T

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I should bombard SoJ daily, writing exclusively in caps "WHERE IS MY TICKET I LIVE IN THE UK I NEED TO ASK MY MUM IF I CAN GO AND IT IS NEARLY TIME PLEASE SEND IT SOON."

T

I would have been happier if I had not known about this. Ah well, at least I got into Sonic Boom. So is this SEGA employees only? you'd think if it was they would have just given out invitations to them and not let the public even know about it curious.

I would have been happier if I had not known about this. Ah well, at least I got into Sonic Boom. So is this SEGA employees only? you'd think if it was they would have just given out invitations to them and not let the public even know about it curious.

Nope, anyone can apply. Only it's not been as "OMG LOOK!" as SOS and Sonic Boom has been... well certainly not as OMG LOOK in the west at least.

Nope... I've not seen that demand anywhere else before...

I did try not to laugh at that one comment I've seen... I really did try.