Awoo.

Aliens: Court Marines - "I say we take Sega's money and Nuke the entire IP from orbit..."

Badnik Mechanic

This better not have anything to do with trying to prop up the Wii-U... seriously it can fuck right off if thats the reason.

It just seems too much of a co-incidence that so many games which were confirmed/rumoured to have a wii-u port have suddenly been delayed to the same period for virtually no reason given.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii-U got delayed! sleep.png

• 2 weeks later...

Aliens: Colonial Marines Collectors Edtion can be pre ordered now! Released 12th of February 2012!

7309362580_d7ac6a4690.jpg

High Quality Resin Powerloader Figurine: Includes Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box

Four Playable Movie Characters: Players will be able to fight for their squad’s survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.

Additional Marines Character Customization Options

Ripley’s Flamethrower

Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons: Including Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers & Phase Plasma Rifle

Exclusive Game Level: USCM Academy Firing Range

USCM Dossier

o Mission Brief

o USS Sephora Schematic

o Recruitment Card

o LV-426 Recon Photo

o USCM Iron-on Badges

o USCM Graduation Certificate

Also their is some PRE ORDER bonus content as well

7309362408_0fedaa8d6f.jpg

All look very very awesome indeed

• 7 months later...

GAME UK has an exclusive Extermination Edition which has replaced the standard edition at no extra cost. Just saw it advertised at Eurogamer (SEGA advertising?). Can't link because I'm on a console browser.

Looks like I was wrong. There's a Limited Edition that has replaced the standard edition for £37.99.

249373_xbx_a.png

and the GAME exclusive Extermination Edition (complete with GAME branding, just like you always wanted) that costs £39.99.

251006_xbx_a.png

There is also the previously announced Collector's Edition which has dropped down to £69.99.

AliensColonialMarinesCollectors.png

PC versions are obviously cheaper than the prices I've mentioned. You can find them all at the link below.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/RelatedGamesView?articleId=170349&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

Can't see a Wii U version of any of these editions, just the standard game. 

http://www.game.co.uk/en/aliens-colonial-marines-173027?pageSize=20&searchTerm=aliens%20wii%20u

I'm assuming it's because the Wii U version still doesn't have a release date.

The collector's edition looks amazing and everything, but it's essentially just a statue and in-game content that is (mostly) the same if you preorder from Gamestop. Plus the Wii U version has that nifty motion tracker and crew member checkup screen for it, so I guess I'm going to wait.

• 4 weeks later...

Gearbox... what the fuck happened!?

You see that interferance and flickering in the video? Thats not your connection/pc or the users capture card, thats actually what happens in the game, a number of people who got the game early are all saying the same thing, the game has pretty bad screen tearing issues and is just such a let down.

Highlights: on the first stage skip to 16:30 and try to remember, this is a fight against one normal enemy.

First video: 19:50 and just watch how bad it gets.

Then at 21:00 Are you seeing this!? Are you actually seeing what that happens!? Just... What the fuck is going on with the Ai!?

Damn! I've never seen such horrible screen-tearing. Every time one enemy comes in the room, everything just gets 10 times worse. I'd have thought the game would be polished to perfection now after how long it's been in development. 

Yeah, I'd assume with screen-tearing of that degree they'd already have plans for a day one patch. I mean, this is pre-launch footage.

Even if they sort out the screen tearing, there are several other problems. Already pointed out that laughable sequence at 20:45.

The Ai partners, are really badly programmed. Just look at the segment at 21:50

When the aliens attack. The NPC marine says 'contact contact here we go!' then starts blasting with his shotgun.. .. .. it's not doing anything. The alien screams, but that seems to be from the bullets which come from the players pulse rifle. Theres even no blood or signs of damage from the shotgun blasts on the alien, when the NPC fights alone, there is definately damage. But if the player is close by, doesn't seem to happen.

Then skip to 23:45. An alien jumps down behind the NPC. the player starts shooting and we hear the alien scream and see it take hits... the NPC... is just standing there, he doesn't react in any way until the alien just passes him and he enters his field of vision. So it seems that the NPC's will not attack unless they can see an enemy as apposed to hear them too (proximity).

Actually, at 25:25 the NPC is facing an alien and doesn't attack it, he doesn't spring into action until the player backs away from him down the corridor.

And I saw this one earlier but can't remember where in the video. At one point the player goes up to rank 3, only he's killed instantly, but the alien doesn't actually look like it hits him.

Then theres little things too... like when you first encounter the NPC stuck to the wall, the NPC yells and asks you to cut him down... then the alien attacks and then... silence... he doesn't say a word, not even one line until you kill the alien. Just seems odd that he wouldn't be making any noise or at least struggling to get free.

Hopefully it will be fixed with a day 1 patch. Last time I played a SEGA game with screen tearing like this was Golden Axe: Beast Rider, and that never got patched up. 

All these issues I keep hearing about seem to be coming from the 360 side of the release. Hopefully other versions won't be the same.

So these problems are for the 360 version? Crap I was debating if I should buy it or not but now I'm not that sure.

Got my PC version in the mail today and it's pre-loaded ready to go for tomorrow.

First review scores are in. The source comes from CVG

• Games TM - 4/10: "Mechanically, the game functions, but the fun of the Aliens universe is quickly drained away by what amounts to a mundane shooting gallery through a drab and lifeless world."
  • PS3gen.fr - 5/10: (Translated) "We expected a lot from this project. And unfortunately, our disappointment was all the greater."
  • ITNewsAfrica - 7.9: (Pulled)
Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Got my PC version in the mail today and it's pre-loaded ready to go for tomorrow.

First review scores are in. The source comes from CVG

• Games TM - 4/10: "Mechanically, the game functions, but the fun of the Aliens universe is quickly drained away by what amounts to a mundane shooting gallery through a drab and lifeless world."
  • PS3gen.fr - 5/10: (Translated) "We expected a lot from this project. And unfortunately, our disappointment was all the greater."
  • ITNewsAfrica - 7.9: (Pulled)

Well that's not good. Took years to develop this and its getting average scores out the gate.

Although is it right to use "a drab and lifeless world" as a compliant for a game following the movie Aliens? Yeah, a world where all humans were abducted and a fusion reactor exploded is supposed to be colorful and full of life.

Edited by Yong

Well, Call of Duty is the greatest FPS to critics so they always need to compare its setting and shit to the other FPS games :V

Nepenthe posted this in the status box.

i212wUcwcU0eE.gif

The hell did i just see? O_o

A limp, slight handicapped Xenomorph?

Edited by killemoff
  • Thumbs Up 1