Awoo.

Aliens: Court Marines - "I say we take Sega's money and Nuke the entire IP from orbit..."

Badnik Mechanic

I havent been following this game (or the previous Aliens games for that matter) but why were people looking forward to this title in the first place?

I havent been following this game (or the previous Aliens games for that matter) but why were people looking forward to this title in the first place?

Because its Aliens and that all the previews point to this being a decent Game that felt authentic to film settings it was using and was being developed by a fairly decent developer.dry.png

Edited by BW199148

When playing the multiplayer mode as the aliens.... when theres 60 seconds left on the clock, this SFX plays.

"One minute left, marines!"

Yes, when playing as the alien, the multiplayer announcer still address you as a Marine.

I'm am so happy that I waited to see how the reviews came out for this. I almost pre-ordered the Collector's Edition the last week but I cautiously decided against it. Best decision I've made this year so far!

So far i'm finding the game is average at best. I'm not hating what i'm playing but it's really nothing special. If anything the worst part about this game so far is the inconsistent A.I. Either is's ok or it's laughably bad. The multiplayer however is mindless fun. Granted it's still nothing amazing but it's better than what Campaign is so far.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Take a look at the Jim Sterling tweets I posted earlier. They had impressive stuff at preview events that is nowhere to be found in the final game. It's like they showed off one game and released another.

• Thumbs Up 1

IGN review

4.5/10 PS360

5.0/10 PC

Nepenthe posted this in the status box.

i212wUcwcU0eE.gif

Looks like the xenomorph's drunk lol

*hic* I knew this game blow it would, but shouldn't I had drunk much too to down my sorrow feelings! *hic*

Just saw a Gearbox tweet from 4 hours ago saying updates are now live for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Go to their website and there are looooooooong lists of the fixes in general, campaign and multiplayer. There are laughable fixes like door issues. Can't link as I'm on my PS3.

Just saw a Gearbox tweet from 4 hours ago saying updates are now live for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Go to their website and there are looooooooong lists of the fixes in general, campaign and multiplayer. There are laughable fixes like door issues. Can't link as I'm on my PS3.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1003/aliens--colonial-marines-updated

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the 360 update list, I assume it's pretty much the same for PS3/PC.

I'm sure this is just a list made for the dev team of what they had to fix before the game was released. I seriously cannot believe somebody would release a game with this many problems. Absolutely disgraceful.

This is my favourite one: 

Spitter's "Acid Spray" now originates from the mouth.

Come on. COME ON.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm am so happy that I waited to see how the reviews came out for this. I almost pre-ordered the Collector's Edition the last week but I cautiously decided against it. Best decision I've made this year so far!

I actually did have it pre-ordered, as I want to try getting into different sorts of games and this one looked like it was going to be great. But I pre-ordered it months and months ago and had completely forgotten about it. The only reason it's not going to be showing up on my doorstep is because I've got a new card and Amazon was unable to charge my old one. Lucky escape, no?

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that I remember, doesn't this game have a Wii U version releasing in a month or so?

Which fortunately, is handled by a different developer iirc so it may end up being the best. Especially if it has the patches/fixes at launch.

Aliens PC has a significantly overall lower rating than Sonic 06. It's really really sad!

TotalBiscut points to this game as a big example of why we shouldn't pre-order games, and with good reason.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know, I'm playing on PS3. My pre-order copy arrived yesterday and so far I'm really enjoying it, I haven't encountered half of the problems the reviews/people have said. My only problem so far has been that the Aliens tail sometimes clips through the floor!

Co-op is fun as hell, especially on hardened in split-screen and the actual multiplayer is great to. Survival and Escape are brilliant modes to play.

I don't think it deserves as much hate as it's getting, it's not perfect by any means, but it's definitely fun.

Of course Gearbox made Aliens: Colonial Marines, Sega insists
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/of-course-gearbox-made-aliens-colonial-marines-sega-insists/0110827

TimeGate claims seem to contradict Gearbox's Aliens: Colonial Marines assertions
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/timegate-claims-seem-to-contradict-gearbox-s-aliens-colonial-marines-assertions/0110839

This... This makes NO FUCKING SENSE. How could a game regress in visual quality over its development, among other things?!

WHAT. THE. HELL.

I mean... Good grief...

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Well, the 06 demo was also better than the real game, right?

Anyway, congratulations Sega, you brought my attention to a game I didn't care for at all. Seriously, this is amazing. I can't stop laughing. xD

• Thumbs Up 2

*looks around*

Yes it's bad... but... why do I still want to play it? I don't know why but all these videos and stories of how bad it is just make me want to play it more?

lol I probably won't until it starts selling for something stupidly low like £10, but... I do still want to try it out... why I've no fucking clue.

Does anyone else feel slightly the same? =/

This is unbelieveable. Fucking shameful, Gearbox. What a total bait and switch.

Well you know... there is a bit of a thing doing the rounds 'Gearbox can't make a game that doesn't have Claptrap in it.' When I thought about that, when I tried to think of games Gearbox have made, I could only think of Borderlands, and then Duke Nukem Forever, a game which also was extremely poor and a FPS. And as some people are pointing out. with the exception of 2 types of enemies. The Enemies in borderlands 2 behave exactly the same way as the Aliens in this game, the difference is that the aliens don't have ranged weapon attacks, but in borderlands they do, so after you aggo them, they'll chase for a bit, then become 'turret' until you're out of sight.

P.S. technically 3 depending which forum you visit).

*looks around*

Yes it's bad... but... why do I still want to play it? I don't know why but all these videos and stories of how bad it is just make me want to play it more?

So bad it's good.

Well you know... there is a bit of a thing doing the rounds 'Gearbox can't make a game that doesn't have Claptrap in it.' When I thought about that, when I tried to think of games Gearbox have made, I could only think of Borderlands, and then Duke Nukem Forever, a game which also was extremely poor and a FPS. And as some people are pointing out. with the exception of 2 types of enemies. The Enemies in borderlands 2 behave exactly the same way as the Aliens in this game, the difference is that the aliens don't have ranged weapon attacks, but in borderlands they do, so after you aggo them, they'll chase for a bit, then become 'turret' until you're out of sight.

Thing is, Duke Nukem Forever isn't really a Gearbox game. Roughly 50-70% of the entire game was made by 3D Realms, and the remaining portions of the game were outsourced to Triptych and Piranha. That's four developers responsible for salvaging just one outdated game.

Similar to what this seems to be, actually. Gearbox are talented developers, assuming they actually make a damn game on their own.