Awoo.

Aliens: Court Marines - "I say we take Sega's money and Nuke the entire IP from orbit..."

Badnik Mechanic

I remember the adverts on tv for this game having a bunch of positive critic quotes floating around. False advertising, what's that?

What I want to know, is how a game that has been 6 years in development and had an amazing demo turns out to be shittier than a demo. I mean, WHAT. How is that possible!

The quotes were probably from the Previews of the Game rather the Reviews which were all pretty positive.

Gearboxs basically showed the Gaming Press a glossy demo they worked on while Time Gate Studios and Nerve Studios were polishing the turd that was a released game.

*Sigh* I am the only one despite joking about how bad this game is feel really bad about ripping it a new one? I feel like I am one of the only people who expected this game to be good for all the previews and actually wanted to buy it. Hell I would of ordered it if I wasn't getting something else instead.sleep.png

Edited by BW199148

So.... this can happen.

Actually you know what needs to happen, someone to re-upload that but with the audio from Galaxy Quest, the scene when they use the transporter for the first time?

"But the monster is inside out... .. ... ..... .... and then it exploded"

• Thumbs Up 2

Hm... with all the things that happened with this game, I honestly don't know whether to laugh at the sheer depths of failure all parties involved in its conception are reaching in the aftermath of its release, or cry at the fact that this -- this is the result of over six years of development. It's like watching a slideshow of a train wreck...

• Thumbs Up 4

OK WOW!

So remember how Jim Sterling dug up the CV's of various timegate staff who had worked on Aliens a few days ago?

Well... I just got around to reading that article and, Steve Baroski, who is a Level Designer and Scripter at Timegate was one of the people. He has changed his his website to hide the work he did on the game.

Whilst he has an 'Aliens Colonial Marines section' when you click on it, there is no information there. Just this image.

haters_gonna_hate3.jpg

Also that image ends with the number 3, so I suspect he's got a few others on standby.

Link: http://stevebaroski.com/aliens.html

Next up we have Jeff Smith the senior software engineer. What does his website now say? Well theres an ACM section... Oh my... he too has a 'haters gonna hate' image and also a video of Rick Astley's never gonna give you up instead of his work details!

The other people named still have their original work details intact... But you gotta ask, what are they so afraid of, if they're now removing the game from their details something is definately going on behind the scenes.

How absolutely petty. Instead of owning up to doing a shitty job, these people choose to act like children and make a mockery of everyone's legitimate complaints and questions with stupid image macros and memes. It's just so unprofessional, immature and downright childish. By openly associating their public websites or social network accounts with their high-profile game development positions, they are knowingly making themselves public figures who represent the company in some capacity, and they should fucking act like it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Seems like fans of the Alien franchise have been getting pretty burned recently what with Prometheus and now this game.

Seems like fans of the Alien franchise have been getting pretty burned recently what with Prometheus and now this game.

I would agree with you if Prometheus was actually terrible...

...too bad it isn't

• Thumbs Up 1

Heres a fun game... What looks best, a finished product, or an unfinished beta?

Here is gameplay footage from level 1 of ACM.

Here is newly discovered ingame video of the cancelled Aliens game 'Aliens: Crucible'

Now try to remember a few things here.

1: The voice actors in Crucible are not final, or at the very least they've not been through post production.

2: Crucible, is either just pre or literally start of Beta.

3: Crucible is missing complete annimations which would be added in Beta/late alpha builds of the game.

4: Crucible has what might be tons of placeholder objects until the final ones are ready, I think at one point a marine is holding an M-16 as apposed to pulse rifle.

5: ACM is considered by Gearbox and Sega as being 'a finished product' Crucible is a cancelled Alpha/Early Beta game.

Going off the visuals, the tension the stages build, the customisation of the characters/weapons (both games have this feature), How the aliens look and move (e.g. jumping to walls, not coming directly towards you/Ai), how your co-op Ai behaves.

Crucible... just... destroys it! On every level, and remember, it's an unfinished beta. We've all seen the ACM footage of that NPC who randomly stops, now NPC's don't shoot or react to aliens, Crucibles NPC's are actually responding and acting to the threats, granted the player can issue them orders, but they're at least reacting. The frame rate also appears to be better! (Ok this most likely would suffer in Crucible once all the textures and effects got added).

Aliens: Crucible actually looks pretty good :) nothing spectacular, but nothing like Colonial Marines. The characters in the video seem interesting and I wish the game was released just to get to know these characters better!

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196872

This is one of the most worrisome rumors about Aliens: Colonial Marines out there. We all know about the development troubles, but now we're hearing that the game that hit retailers was scrapped together in just 9 months. The 6 years of time spent making the game resulted in an absolute mess, so bad that Gearbox was forced to basically restart and scramble to get the game we have today.

........Oh dear.

• Thumbs Up 3

How in the hell did Gearbox manage to fall from grace so spectacularly? Time was, not too long ago, they were on top of the world; enjoying good times and a great reputation. Why would they piss it all away like this? Surely they knew they'd be found out, or outed?

• Thumbs Up 2

This is the same company that made Borderlands 1 and 2 and the Brothers in Arms games (which are pretty good fyi). Unbelieveable...

Now if that rumour there is true, that's unbelievable too. A game made in just 9 months and then selling it for 40 quid? No way is that true, it can't be.

This is the same company that made Borderlands 1 and 2 and the Brothers in Arms games (which are pretty good fyi). Unbelieveable...

Urm well... actually... Brothers in Arms was falsly advertised, whilst it was still somewhere between an ok and good game, when you see this...

Whats wrong? Well... nothing you see there is in the game. The entire trailer is fake.

Oh yeah! I saw that earlier in this topic. That is definitely false advertising. =I They got away with that, but I really hope they don't get away with the mess they created around Aliens:CM.

How in the hell did Gearbox manage to fall from grace so spectacularly? Time was, not too long ago, they were on top of the world; enjoying good times and a great reputation. Why would they piss it all away like this? Surely they knew they'd be found out, or outed?

Pretty sure they were always "meh" developers. They have worked on countless mediocre projects and have soiled Duke Nukem.

Pretty sure they were always "meh" developers. They have worked on countless mediocre projects and have soiled Duke Nukem.

I know that they made Half-Life: Opposing Force (troll) that's been proclaimed to be actually good.

Edited by crystallize

Gearbox.......go back to making Borderlands before you completely run your rep into the ground. 

Gearbox.......go back to making Borderlands before you completely run your rep into the ground.

Just so long as Borderlands 3 isn't a complete grindfest like B2 apparently was.

Nobody likes grindfests.

Just so long as Borderlands 3 isn't a complete grindfest like B2 apparently was.

Nobody likes grindfests.

I never heard complaints of Borderlands 2 being a grindfest before.................Far as I heard, it was a great followup with a much better story then B1. 

Borderlands 2 was real received, though there was the complaint that there is so much useless loot that it gets ridiculous. I for one love it, though.