Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

Jazwares toys show which classic characters are in

Okay, so a few months ago, Jazwares revealed that they will be doing 20th anniversary Sonic figures. They announced this months before Sonic Generations was revealed. At first, many of us thought this was just a regular line of characters from the classic games. However, after Generations was announced, Jazwares revealed that their classic figures are in fact for Sonic Generations. They announced some of the figures in the classic line. They include:

- Classic Sonic

- Robotnik with two Eggrobos

- Classic Super Sonic

- Classic Tails

- Classic Amy

- Classic Knuckles

- Classic Metal Sonic

On their Facebook wall, they mentioned that they can only do classic characters from Generations. Now, could this not only give away who's gonna be in the game... but also hint at what stages we might see? *cough* *cough* Metallic Madness *cough*

It's speculation right now, though most of us came to this conclusion a few nights ago following the so called 'level leak.'

But I don't believe that they have announced Metal or Super Sonic as being classic. However don't forget, Metal Sonic is in Sonic 4 episode 1 and likely 2. He also had a release last year by them so I'm not sure thats too significant right now.

Also Tails Knuckles and Shadow have already been confirmed by Iizuka, however don't forget that Cream is also believed to be in it, yet no figure or her is in production.

I don't think Jazwares will be doing figures out of every character that appears in the game so I wouldn't say that they're not indicative of the roster, even if Cream isn't among them for now.

That said even if they didn't do this line of figures these characters are the safest picks for Classic Sonic's entourage since they're the most significant and the only ones who played notable roles in the classics.

Edited by Carbo

It's speculation right now, though most of us came to this conclusion a few nights ago following the so called 'level leak.'

But I don't believe that they have announced Metal or Super Sonic as being classic. However don't forget, Metal Sonic is in Sonic 4 episode 1 and likely 2. He also had a release last year by them so I'm not sure thats too significant right now.

Also Tails Knuckles and Shadow have already been confirmed by Iizuka, however don't forget that Cream is also believed to be in it, yet no figure or her is in production.

They've confirmed that they will be making Classic Metal Sonic and Classic Super Sonic via Facebook. They clearly stated that they are in fact, the classic versions, because that's what the person they responded to was asking. Also, Jazwares claims to be making more 20th anniversary figures all year long, so we may be seeing Cream later on. Plus, whether they make her as part of the Generations line or not, that doesn't really debunk what I'm saying here.

When Jazwares makes figures based on games, they don't necessarily make every character. The All-Stars Racing line is an example of this. The point is, the only classic characters they can do are the ones that appear in Generations, and they've went ahead and confirmed Classic Super Sonic and Classic Metal Sonic.

EDIT: Carbo beat me to the punch. :P

Edited by Cloverdox

Classic Metal Sonic? Hell yes! As you may know, I like modern design of characters much more, but Classic Metal SOnic is an exception. I DO think CMS looks better than Modern Metal Sonic. Well, the latter has much better design of arms, but I'm talking about the head, about spines. CMS has sharper spines and they look much more better, IMO.

And if either of Metal Sonics is in Generations, it'll make my day! Metal Sonic is awesome - Classic or Modern.

Edited by ArtFenix

Stardust Speedway. OhgodSEGA MAKE IT HAPPEN. I want to see Modern kicking classic Metal Sonic's ass...."did you know in the future you turn into an angsty dragon?"

Actually I don't care at all which version of Sonic fights which version of Metal, I just want a boss race/fight/SOMETHING better than what Heroes gave us. And please, after Sonic Free Riders... no more "actually I'm secretly METAL SONIC *gasp*"

As someone who is often at the forefront of the fan requests for characters to be made into figures, I can say with 100% fact that Jazwares swears up and down that their license is not only limited to game characters, but current game characters as well. These upcoming figures are a pretty good indication of what may lie ahead.

Well, this list isn't surprising at all. Almost confirms CD will indeed have a roll in the game based on Classic Amy and Classic Metal Sonic's inclusion (it was the only main series classic game they were in! Mecha and Silver Sonics don't count), debunking the "leaked list" rather easily. Of course, that's only if what they're saying is true, which... well, why the hell wouldn't it be, really?

Edited by EXshad

Classic metal sonic? His classic and modern designs look the same to me. Not counting his neo design.

They're very different actually. Gimmie a moment to collect some comparison shots...

EDIT: Actually, found something better. In essence they updated him just like everyone else, only at a much later date.

Edited by Blue Blood

How does having a specific character ensure the presence of a particular stage?

Not a particular stage, but a particular game. CD's getting represented in some way, due to the appearance of 2 classic characters that ONLY appeared in that game. Plus, Sonic CD was a part of the poll of what classic stages people wanted to see come back. The stage that got the most votes to represent it though was Stardust Speedway, I believe. I could be wrong though. I'd be happy with that, Tidal Tempest, Collision Chaos, or Quartz Quadrant. They're all great stages, really.

Edited by EXshad

That topic doesn't touch upon a few details that changed between SA2 and Sonic CD.

metal_cd02.png

Classic Metal had smaller eyes with very circular pupils, rather than ovals. It made him appear more emotionless and creepy. His fingers didn't have joints, and his spikes were longer. Also had very tiny hands for some reason.

That topic doesn't touch upon a few details that changed between SA2 and Sonic CD.

*CLASSIC METAL SONIC*

Classic Metal had smaller eyes with very circular pupils, rather than ovals. It made him appear more emotionless and creepy. His fingers didn't have joints, and his spikes were longer. Also had very tiny hands for some reason.

He also got a pelvis section below his torso, which gives him the ability to turn and brings him up the the same proportions that every other characters has in their modern design.

Eh. CD will probably be represented by the characters in themselves. Sonic CD wasn't widely available to the masses because of the whole expensive "SEGA CD add on" propaganda. The main 4 are going to be what's represented, and we'll likely see them group Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles together.

Just keeping it real.

And that poll only included Sonic 1 to Sonic Adventure 2. It's confirmed that we'll be seeing levels all the way to Colors, so that list can only tell us so much at this point, I'm afraid.

(don't get me wrong, Stardust Speedway or Quartz Quadrant would make me vvveeerrryyy happy!)

The fact that it was in the poll gives me reason to believe it will show up, due to how it was meant to gauge how popular certain levels up TO Adventure 2 were; the cutoff point was the Dreamcast era. After that, SEGA probably just decided amongst themselves which levels would show up, but that and other polls has been very important to the game's development. And honestly, given how much of a massive cult hit it is in the franchise, and how it introduced Amy and Metal Sonic, it has to appear. SEGA even acknoledged it at their booth, and there's no other opportunities for Classic Amy and Metal to appear besides CD, so I bet you money it's showing up.

Unless they were announced elsewhere, I see no sign of a Classic Knuckles, Super Sonic or Metal Sonic among the prototypes and boxes they showed back at the Toy Fair.

They reveal a lot of things on their Facebook page. That's where all of this came from.