Awoo.

We finally get a Super Sonic figure.......

speedfreak

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3478777

Well this certainly sucks. <_< I've wanted a Super Sonic figure for a long time and the best they can give me is a shitty recolor that doesn't even recolor everything that should be recolored. His eyes are still green and his spines are still like normal Sonic's. It even makes that shitty Super Sonic plush from the other day look like some effort was put into it.

On the plus side Super Shadow actually looks decent, but that's because he already had wild spines and red eyes.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3493375

Why couldn't they just stick the Shadow head on the Sonic body and get rid of the red stripes?

Either way it's obvious these "new releases" are just recolors of the Super Posers from before. It's too bad they didn't go the extra mile and make new sculpts because Super Sonic is my favorite character. I might still pick them up for the sake of collection though.

Edited by speedfreak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ovarloard

• Blazey Firekitty

• Mollfie

• speedfreak

Cool, would buy those in a flash if Toys R Us stocked them in their UK stores which they more than likely won't as they haven't bothered with previous releases.

I hate that super poser, and I hate this too. I wouldn't mind so much if not for super poser already being off model, and having it supposed to be Super Sonic makes it worse.

Lazy sunsabiches, they didn't even get the spines or alternate eye color! ...Although the green eyes are a bit of a throwback to S3&K I suppose. I'd tolerate it more though if the joints didn't make him look like an amalgamation of door hinges.

Edited by SuperStingray

Although the green eyes are a bit of a throwback to S3&K I suppose.

I doubt Jazzware are even aware of Super Sonic's appearance in that game.

Of course it was going to suck. No one took a good look at Unleashed's manual for a preview of the figure?

You can tell right from there that it was going to look god awful.

Hell , I got a scan of the manual right here:

2wqvhtv.jpg

See?

Edited by Jetronic

I've never really cared for the whole figure-collecting and Super forms, but that Shadow one is pretty fantastic. Again, it's only because only his black color changes when he goes Super. Sonic is just awful.

Is it me, or are they both a bit too skinny (the figures)?

Edited by Roo

No one took a good look at Unleashed's manual for a preview of the figure?

Pfft... hardly anyone reads the manual. :rolleyes:

But that figure is horrendous, which is why I don't purchase Sonic toys... actually I haven't bought a toy in years.

I don't suppose Sonic's popularity in Japan warrants any of those high-quality toys that you see for a lot of anime? Without being statues, that is.

Pfft... hardly anyone reads the manual. :rolleyes:

But that figure is horrendous, which is why I don't purchase Sonic toys... actually I haven't bought a toy in years.

Orly?

It's habit of everytime I purchase a new game. I read manual while I'm getting a ride home or waiting for the game to boot. I skim through them most of the time though =P

Edited by Jetronic

Am I the only one who thinks they aren't actually that bad!?

I want one, and I bet they won't release them here in Australia. Anyways its not like they are terrible, people really need to not complain so much, Sonic's eyes might be a throwback to his original Super Sonic form..like how they make the old school sonic models with black eyes and no buckle on his shoesies!

I think they are nice and its also nice that we are actually getting some Sonic merchandise these days, when they could've given us nothing and I think someone should buy me one............ha

But if they do release them here I will definately buy!

Those figures look... passable.

Super Sonic looks alright, could've been better... but Super Shadow does look pretty cool.

As Shadzter said, I would pick these up but Toys R Us doesn't seem to stock these Sonic figures here in the UK. Shame, really.

And why is eveyrone ripping on these figures? After all, they have OVER 25 POINTS OF ARTICULATION!!! :P

[/pointless joke]

Yay, they're finally releasing them! =D I'd kind of lost hope for Super Sonic ever being released.

Anyway, it's not often I complain about how awful Sonic merchandise is, but these look terrible. Sonic's green eyes REALLY annoy me, I have a good mind to paint them red when I get one. I hate it when they make mistakes like that, kind of like when they made Megabot Amy's arms pink instead of peach. His downward pointing quills annoy me aswell, they should stick UP, not down. -_- I also dislike the colour they've used for him, Super Sonic's yellow, not gold! It doesn't bother me as much as the eyes, though.

I don't care much for Shadow, but at least he looks a bit better than Sonic. The only annoying thing about him is his colour, I mean Super Shadow is even lighter than Super Sonic, yet his gold colour looks even darker! It's so annoying...

So yeah, I don't have much good to say about them, but even so I'm just thankful they're actually releasing a Super Sonic figure, I was planning on eventually spending £100+ to have one commissioned, I was that desperate for one. Despite their faults, I'm still getting them as soon as they appear on ebay!

Sonic's eyes might be a throwback to his original Super Sonic form..

NO

It's just lazy as the normal Super Poser had green eyes.

Oh well, i'd get Shadow if I saw it, maybe Sonic just so I could take it apart.

But one must wonder about Jazzwarez fetish with ethe Super Posers. Werehog had movable quills, Black Night Sonic is a Super Poser with a sword. Why is it so difficult for there to be actual GOOD Sonic stuff? That's not from Japan...

I'd love to get one even if its just a repaint job but if there anything like the prices charged for the Sonic and the Black Knight figure through ebay with postage to the UK then I don't think I'll be getting one.

Why is it that most of the Sonic merchandise we've got lately is a big piece of crap? I mean, I want a Super Sonic figure that actually LOOKS like Super Sonic, and I want a Silver plush that actually LOOKS like Silver, instead of the crap we got.

Why is it that most of the Sonic merchandise we've got lately is a big piece of crap? I mean, I want a Super Sonic figure that actually LOOKS like Super Sonic, and I want a Silver plush that actually LOOKS like Silver, instead of the crap we got.

Because it's still making money the way it is.

People should boycott these things until we get better quality, but it'd be hard to get everyone to do so, especially some of those crazed Sonic fanboys/fangirls.

Super Shadow is not too bad contrary to Super Sonic... Is this really SS ?

The bad point is always the articulation points.

Orly?

It's habit of everytime I purchase a new game. I read manual while I'm getting a ride home or waiting for the game to boot. I skim through them most of the time though =P

Me too, I always read the manual.

I think the Shadow one looks good, I don't have any qualms with that one but I can see why everyone is fussing over Super Sonic. I suppose Super Sonic's more well known for having red eyes so I can understand why people don't like the green and the quills are a little lazy, would it be so hard to bend them outward a little?

I'm hoping these repaints will be the jumping off point to actual new sculpts.

That being said, I'm suprised to say I actually really love the look of the Super Shadow figure, even if Super Sonic, as others have noted, looks unfinished due to having the wrong eyes and hair.

The thing about the eyes... other than Sonic fans who download pictures of new sonic artwork to have as desktop wallapaper and who want to hack open various sonic sites to try and get new information...

Who really cares?

There is no kid in the world that will see these and their first thought will be... "Oh it's got green eyes! It's rubbish!"

I for one love this rubbish merch because I bet that if you keep it in the box it'll go up in value just because few older fans will want it because it's not 'right.'