Awoo.

We finally get a Super Sonic figure.......

speedfreak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ovarloard

• Blazey Firekitty

• SuperStingray

• speedfreak

The thing about the eyes... other than Sonic fans who download pictures of new sonic artwork to have as desktop wallapaper and who want to hack open various sonic sites to try and get new information...

Who really cares?

There is no kid in the world that will see these and their first thought will be... "Oh it's got green eyes! It's rubbish!"

I for one love this rubbish merch because I bet that if you keep it in the box it'll go up in value just because few older fans will want it because it's not 'right.'

Well, it's more the hair than the eyes that bug me...But looking back, I kind of agree with you, I do feel kinda silly for shunning the fig for minor details. It'd probably be a lot of fun if I had in my hands.

Edited by BlazeySammy

Why is it that most of the Sonic merchandise we've got lately is a big piece of crap?
Because most of ALL licensed merchandise is a big piece of crap.

That's kind of true.

Me too, I always read the manual.

I read it on the toilet. :lol:

While it's true some stuff is crap (read: Sonic figures/plushies), some articles are good.

Since some movie games are bad, it's become the basis for the opinion on all movie games. Now, many movie games are panned because they aren't given their moment to shine; they're not judged as a standalone game and instead as a side dish. So a few pieces of crap can lead up to false conceptions about other similar products.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

While it's true some stuff is crap (read: Sonic figures/plushies), some articles are good.

Since some movie games are bad, it's become the basis for the opinion on all movie games. Now, many movie games are panned because they aren't given their moment to shine; they're not judged as a standalone game and instead as a side dish. So a few pieces of crap can lead up to false conceptions about other similar products.

What part of "most of" do you not understand?

Besides, there really are rarely any movie games I've seen that are worth playing. I've given Disney, Pixar, Nickelodeon and everyone else their chances and the gameplay has always been minimized, uninspired and bland platforming (with the exception of the adaptation of Cars which was minimized, uninspired and bland racing) and they expect us to take concept art and trailers as worthwhile "unlockables." They're really only made to reap more money off of the momentum a movie (or occasionally TV show).

Oh, and Superman 64.

Edited by A Ham Sandwich

Besides, there really are rarely any movie games I've seen that are worth playing. I've given Disney, Pixar, Nickelodeon and everyone else their chances and the gameplay has always been minimized, uninspired and bland platforming (with the exception of the adaptation of Cars which was minimized, uninspired and bland racing) and they expect us to take concept art and trailers as worthwhile "unlockables." They're really only made to reap more money off of the momentum a movie (or occasionally TV show).

There's James Bond, there are some good Spider-Man games, Lord of the Rings, and the arcade games of Jurassic park were great.

I'm not denying the fact that there are bad movie games out there. But quite a few licensed games are surprisingly enjoyable.

Besides the games, though, I do support the notion that most licensed merchandise "is a big piece of crap."

Edited by OvErLoRd

Alas even Sonic Figures are not safe from the curse of the repaint D:

Jeez why can't they ever make decent sculpts of the sonic characters, they always seem they have some sort of eye problems and always look awkwardly proportioned. IMO they best they've gotten so far is the black knight figure, at least his head sculpt is at least similar to the game model.

Especially for an exclusive line, they should have something a bit more special.

What part of "most of" do you not understand?

Oh, and Superman 64.

GoldenEye? Plus you're looking at these games as an adult, as other threads have shown alot of us loved playing Lion King and Aladdin when we were kids. As an adult viewing those games we probably would have thought they were rubbish, but as a kid you like them because you get to play as the character from the film.

Anyway, this isn't exactly relevant to the original post.

If I was a kid I'd happily buy it and probably not even notice.

The amount of people in this topic who haven't realised that Sonic is viewed as a children's franchise over here in the west and that, as such, it's merchandise will be treated with the values of children's merchandise, quite frankly shocks me.

Just look at them. Does anyone in this topic really think these figures are aimed at ALL Sonic fans as opposed to just children? Seriously, it's like treating those mini Sonic edutainment games for leapfrog and stuff as main titles and complaining that they put too much emphasis on learning instead of platforming.

I mean, God it really does make me sad too that we hardly get any decent Sonic merchandise to the quality of anime figurines etc but that's just the way things are.

Edited by JezMM

If I was a kid I'd happily buy it and probably not even notice.

The amount of people in this topic who haven't realised that Sonic is viewed as a children's franchise over here in the west and that, as such, it's merchandise will be treated with the values of children's merchandise, quite frankly shocks me.

Just look at them. Does anyone in this topic really think these figures are aimed at ALL Sonic fans as opposed to just children? Seriously, it's like treating those mini Sonic edutainment games for leapfrog and stuff as main titles and complaining that they put too much emphasis on learning instead of platforming.

I mean, God it really does make me sad too that we hardly get any decent Sonic merchandise to the quality of anime figurines etc but that's just the way things are.

Well some would say you're right but atm these are somewhat semi-collectibles, they're made exclusive to stores meaning they are somewhat trying to attract collectors, and considering the fragile nature of some of these figures how on earth they stand up to child's play is beyond me, now I'm not saying they're uber collectibles because in the end they are just playthings but if you look at the quality of other toys, like Transformers, they're of a much higher quality and are made at are mass produced at a much larger scale. Most Sonic toys in comparison make me think of poorly sculpted and made knockoff toys from the market.

They're still going to be collectors items in ten or twenty years anyway. If it's official merchandise collectors will be happy to get their hands on it even with a few minor defects.

Well some would say you're right but atm these are somewhat semi-collectibles, they're made exclusive to stores meaning they are somewhat trying to attract collectors, and considering the fragile nature of some of these figures how on earth they stand up to child's play is beyond me, now I'm not saying they're uber collectibles because in the end they are just playthings but if you look at the quality of other toys, like Transformers, they're of a much higher quality and are made at are mass produced at a much larger scale. Most Sonic toys in comparison make me think of poorly sculpted and made knockoff toys from the market.

Ah, well, I admit I didn't realise the stock was limited to certain places, that does make it seem more collector's ish.

In that case they are being a little bit of an ass because that therefore implies to me that they've made a product for children that they're trying to get even more sales with by trying to attract collectors too. Never mind I suppose.

Alas even Sonic Figures are not safe from the curse of the repaint D:

They should start painting Tails figures as Decepticon Jets.:D

Tailsscream, Tailscracker, Tailswarp, SunTails, RamTails, Thrails, Tirge, AcidTails, and so on, so on, so forth. :lol:

That's...kinda poor :/

The Shadow is pretty cool though.

I suppose I could kitbash a better super Sonic than that though

They should start painting Tails figures as Decepticon Jets.:D

Tailsscream, Tailscracker, Tailswarp, SunTails, RamTails, Thrails, Tirge, AcidTails, and so on, so on, so forth. :lol:

AHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Aquaslash

Has anyone thought of buying the Super Sonic and painting the eyes etc? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard at all and then it will look how you want, if you're skilled enough to not screw it up lol. But it depends on whether you want it to be like it's just out the packet/un-changed from how it was produce, or not.

AHAHAHAHAHA

It'd be a great way to encourage army building. :lol:

you know this brings me back to a DBZ figure i remember reading once. a majin vegeta that was supposed to be a super saiyan got sent out as a regular black haired one irwin toy fixed the problem and stopped production on the black haired one:

majin vegeta figure

now its fucken rare and i have one :) (although the packaging got damaged in the move, the figure is sill good)

Maybe this will be a similar problem. maybe jazwares will fix the problem and issue new supersonics then these will be really rare!!

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed Super Shadow figures have started to appear on ebay, I was very pleased to see they've made him yellow and not gold (or at least I think he's yellow), here's a pic of him:

403f_1.jpg

Super Sonic hasn't appeared yet... which is odd considering he's much more important than Super Shadow. I reckon he hasn't been released yet because they're fixing his problems (the colour, eyes and quills), which is good news.

Of course it was going to suck. No one took a good look at Unleashed's manual for a preview of the figure?

You can tell right from there that it was going to look god awful.

Hell , I got a scan of the manual right here:

2wqvhtv.jpg

See?

Oh wow, that Werehog one sure is cute. Will buy if available here.

Oh wow, that Werehog one sure is cute. Will buy if available here.

He's not cute, he's menacing!

I really love the Werehog toy. Mine is still siting on my desk as a ridiculously awesome paperweight that doubles as a distraction when I'm bored. (the little guys been on more adventures than his video game counterpart) I'll stomach a bad plush or toy to get a gem like my Werehog toy any day.

See, that Super Shadow one looks pretty cool. I do hope they are fixing the problems the Super Sonic figure has though!

However the green eyes thing..remember, Super Sonic did originally have green eyes. In Sonic 3 anyway. =]

I noticed Super Shadow figures have started to appear on ebay, I was very pleased to see they've made him yellow and not gold (or at least I think he's yellow), here's a pic of him:

403f_1.jpg

Super Sonic hasn't appeared yet... which is odd considering he's much more important than Super Shadow. I reckon he hasn't been released yet because they're fixing his problems (the colour, eyes and quills), which is good news.

I've seen Super Shadow in my Toys 'R' Us - he IS yellow.

The only one that I would get would be the Super Shadow figure just because it looks better than the Sonic one. That and I would like to have a Super Shadow figure, guilty pleasure. :lol:

When I buy those, I'm going to be quite tempted to give them a metallic sheen