Awoo.

Sonic CD for online distrubution possible?

Preston

Sorry to double post and bump this thread, but there's something I just realized.

The Virtual Console updates on Thursday now, and Sonic's 20th Anniversary is next Thursday. If Sega want to commemorate the occasion with a Virtual Console release, they could... you know... release a certain Sonic game on the Virtual Console.

Sorry to double post and bump this thread, but there's something I just realized.

The Virtual Console updates on Thursday now, and Sonic's 20th Anniversary is next Thursday. If Sega want to commemorate the occasion with a Virtual Console release, they could... you know... release a certain Sonic game on the Virtual Console.

Mega CD games can be categorized as Mega Drive games. If the TurboGrafx-CD can make it, why not the Mega CD. *Crosses arms*

Yeah, emulation difficulties and cost don't apply to anniversary releases. It really could happen! /sarcasm

Mega CD games can be categorized as Mega Drive games. If the TurboGrafx-CD can make it, why not the Mega CD. *Crosses arms*

You've not read any of the other replies in this topic, have you?

Edited by Blue Blood

As unrealistic as it is, you guys seem opposed to the possibility. Doesn't anyone else want Sonic CD is see a proper re-release?

And Sega doesn't seem to like the VC anymore.

Who does nowadays?

You've not read any of the other replies in this topic, have you?

Yes, because I can read replies that weren't posted yet as I was making a reply. /sarcasm

Edited by Preston

As unrealistic as it is, you guys seem opposed to the possibility. Doesn't anyone else want Sonic CD is see a proper re-release?

Opposed to the possibility? There's no possibility to be opposed to.

Opposed to the possibility? There's no possibility to be opposed to.

Let me rephrase that. Opposed to the idea. You all seem vehemently opposed to the idea of Sonic CD being re-released on any download services. Never mind how unrealistic the possibility is, would anyone want to see it anyway?

Of course! It'd be quite cool. But it's definitely not happening on the Wii, and isn't going to happen on any other system any time soon at all.

As I've already stated, yes, I would. But as of now it probably won't happen so why get my hopes up?

Never mind how unrealistic the possibility is, would anyone want to see it anyway?

Not sure why anyone would be against it. I'm one of CD's biggest haters but it being up for download doesn't mean I'd have to buy it. =P

I guess the most we can hope for is the Sonic Triple Trouble re-release on the 3DS Virtual Console. That's not a bad thing, of course, since Triple Trouble is a great game.

I'm just not happy with the Gems Collection re-release. I wouldn't ask for a PSN/XBLA/VC re-release if Sonic Team didn't just slap a downgraded version of the PC re-release on Gems Collection. I don't really own Sonic CD on actual hardware. I only have the Gems Collection version and the Japanese ISO + MP3 on my computer. As I said before, I could just locate a Sega CD and an American version of Sonic CD, but it'll cost more. And I'll be stuck with the American soundtrack when, while not inherently bad, I much prefer the Japanese one.

Edited by Preston

Sorta Off Topic: What Trophy's/Achievements should Sonic CD have if it does get ported to PSN/XBL?

On Topic: Maybe Sega will do a better port for Sonic's 20th?

It'd be nice, yeah, but I have an emulator and Gamecube at my disposal, so I probably wouldn't buy it anyway.

I'm not very tech savvy, but is there a way for me to play emulated games from the computer on the TV? I hear there's some kind of adapter that allows everything displayed on your computer to be displayed on your TV. Maybe I can play Sonic CD on emulator that way.

Edited by Preston

I'm not very tech savvy, but is there a way for me to play emulated games from the computer on the TV? I hear there's some kind of adapter that allows everything displayed on your computer to be displayed on your TV. Maybe I can play Sonic CD on emulator that way.

If you have an HDTV you might have a standard VGA port already, if not, then all you raelly need is a S-Video cable + a SCART adapter that supports it.

That's definitely possible. It should be easy to find, but buying it and making sure it'll work for your TV is another thing. It can't be that hard, though.

Not to go off-topic, but CD would be interesting to be released on VC and all, but the game I'd really love to see on VC, XBLA, or PSN is SegaSonic the Hedgehog. That would be pretty damn epic to see online. But since it had problems with the controls on Gems, I doubt it'll be on any of these three services any soon.

• 2 months later...

Of course! It'd be quite cool. But it's definitely not happening on the Wii, and isn't going to happen on any other system any time soon at all.

*whistles*

Well, it still ain't gonna happen on Wii (with the original music) so long as size limits are in place. :P

I'm just happy Sega remembers Sonic CD enough to put it on XBLA and include a boss level of it in Generations. And even if it doesn't come to the Wii, I'm sure it'll go to the Wii U Virtual Console for all those Nintendo gamers out there.

I wonder if he's behind it, using the Retro Engine just like he did whenever he demonstrated a SCD remake on the iPhone using said engine.

Because if he did... that means Sega has hold of the Retro Engine. And that's just incredible.

• Thumbs Up 4

I wonder if he's behind it, using the Retro Engine just like he did whenever he demonstrated a SCD remake on the iPhone using said engine.

Because if he did... that means Sega has hold of the Retro Engine. And that's just incredible.

I would love for this to be the case. The possibilities would be fantastic.