Awoo.

Linkabel's artwork!

Linkabel

So that was the contest you mentioned? Pretty cool designs I must say. How could people miss the Mazinger Z reference??

That design you went with is pretty creepy too. But I guess you can't have a robot uprising without busting some heads along the way. lol

Oh the other contest I was talking about was the Tomb Raider one. I know right? How can people miss the Mazinger Z reference?

I think it was because I asked people who are not into anime and video games about it to see if they liked my designs. But people that do know get it immediately.

Glad you like them!

Edited by Jaime Bond

• 4 months later...

I haven't updated this thread in a while despite having done various stuff over the months. Though, this past two weeks I took on the mission to draw characters that either in the past I sucked at drawing or haven't drawn before. This is the result:

Child Goku: Ever since the early 90s when Dragon Ball started airing in Mexico I always wanted to draw him. I sucked every time I tried. This week though I think I came up with something decent.

IMG_zps7ade5046.png

Pegasus Seiya: He is a character that sometimes I can draw and sometimes I just can't. I think this is one of the times I could though.

IMG_0009_zpsa181f462.png

Mickey Mouse: Everytime I draw Mickey Mouse I always put my "twist" on it. For this one I tried to mimic the "official" style though.

IMG_0001_zpsf44fece4.png

Batman: Like Goku, ever since I saw the animated series in the early 90s I wanted to draw him so bad. I still need some practice on him though.

IMG_0005_zps310f35f8.png

Teen Titan's Robin: Someone I thought it will be cool to try out.

IMG_0006_zps4e2e9303.png

The Flash: Again someone I thought it will be cool to draw.

4acf2054-bb2f-4f4f-b55d-ed3267c69497_zps

Leonardo:

IMG_0002_zpsfcd1d82a.png

Batman (Terry):

IMG_0011_zps74ae6591.png
IMG_0010_zps8bc44b5d.png

Casshern: Really need to work on him.

IMG_0008_zps07f94e68.png

Alice: I tried to put my "twist" on her but she came out deformed.

IMG_0007_zps50c177d1.png

Tails: For one reason or another Tails is one of those characters that I can't draw for shit.

IMG_0003_zpsc743c5f6.png

And some stuff I'm doing for the TSS album:

tsssonicpreview_zps3516f72b.png
sonicampknucklesnew_zpsc75ddebe.png

More to come soon...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

All of these drawings look pretty rad*, keep it up!

*Not a Ninja Turtles reference

• Thumbs Up 1

All of these drawings look pretty rad*, keep it up!

*Not a Ninja Turtles reference

Thanks a lot! And I know it's totally not a Ninja Turtles reference...cowabunga though.

• 3 months later...

Looks fantastic, El Driver! It's always a nice change of pace to see Sonic with his other rival on stuff like this!

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks fantastic, El Driver! It's always a nice change of pace to see Sonic with his other rival on stuff like this!

Thanks Ogilvie! It makes you remember the days where Sonic & Knuckles drawing were abundant.

And now I present you the TSS album back cover I made. The poses are based on this little piece that I love:

TSS13alternativebackcover-01_zpse69a942b

I might rearrange some things here and there but I like it and I hope you guys like it too!

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh that's looking nice. The way the characters are drawn there reminds of the quasi-hybrid official art between Classic and Adventure Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh that's looking nice. The way the characters are drawn there reminds of the quasi-hybrid official art between Classic and Adventure Sonic.

Hey thanks a lot! I was actually trying to mimic the style they had in the OVA but I guess my style bleeded through and this was the result. Glad you liked!

• 2 months later...

I've been working on this for the last couple of weeks, because of work it's been going slow though but this is my first draft:

ZP44P8W.jpg

The only thing I don't like is that it might be a little too busy, but at the same time it kind of reminds me of how busy some of the official art looks. I'll play around with it more to simplify it.

Another thing I'm working on is recreating Sonic's first official appearance in the poster that was used on the Dreams Come True tour back in 1990. The only thing that's giving me a hard time is the Japanese text. It's supposed to say "for a cute guy, he has spines" or "Kawaii yatsu ni wa, toge ga aru," but no matter what I can't get the same text from the poster. Let's not even start on what the text on the bottom says:

sonicdreamsposter_zpsc6d0e15c.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Something I made for the Sonic Revolution project that's going on right now. I have to iron some details here and there but it's almost complete.

SonicR-01_zps0ef72813.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Another Sonic Revolution, I presume?

I want details! :D

Image is looking pretty sweet, though!

Another Sonic Revolution, I presume?

I want details! biggrin.png

Image is looking pretty sweet, though!

Oh yeah, it's another project when me and this other people are trying to overthrow the government through Sonic material.

But it's totally the fundraiser radio event your guys are doing.

• 2 months later...

Here's something I started doing just to pass the time at work:

segagenesisposter2-01_zps6ff67257.png

It's unfinished because I honestly didn't know what to do with it. It was supposed to be a recreation of this old poster. Maybe if I get a cool idea I will finish it. In the meantime I started drawing a Space Dandy piece so hopefully that will be done soon.

• Thumbs Up 4

looks like a solid start so far dude, looking forward to that Space Dandy piece though. Even though it left me feeling a little unfulfilled, I still dug Space Dandy and the designs :>

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

Updating this thread with some old stuff that got wiped and some new piece I did.

Old:

spacedandymasterpiecealternative3-01_zps

mickeyskull2-01_zpsed43545f.png

Santa%20Sonic-01_zpslml7fu4x.png

And new:

576px-Sonic_Channel_-_Knuckles_the_Echid

This is my second time drawing Nights. I'm still trying to get her down with original poses though so hopefully I'll get better.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 5 months later...

Haven't updated this thread in a long time but have this Miraculous Ladybug drawing as a sorry gift.

ladybug2-01_zpsyusvsa6s.png

• 1 year later...

I'm a shape shifter at Poe's masquerade

3d53079c36c4ea1cae015631176c7f90.jpg

Edited by El Driver
  • Thumbs Up 2

Recently Naoto Oshima has been sharing sketches of his past work with Sonic.

Two of those sketches caught my attention so I decided to redraw and design them like the pics in Sonic The Screensaver!

Get different sizes for your computer or phone here: http://bit.ly/2pDVawL

1e390d9de0fc9f63e0af00fb17234a23.jpgef82cab5037ef16264cf7f2f7aba494f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...

A drawing I made for my instagram and a 90s inspired Sonic Mania magazine ad.0b2c1abac95385df664bc82f2d3eaea1.jpg6dc0bf94b4e63c55f4b55431b8739932.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

This is great! Everything is so sleek and smooth and you've nailed that retro feel to a tee! Keep up the awesome work!

• Thumbs Up 2