Awoo.

Sonic Generations for NGP/PS Vita/PC!?

Woun

Oh, let me guess. If it's true, the NGP version will be a port of the console versions while the 3DS gets a 2D-only version. Greeeeeeeeeat.

Edited by PSI Aqua
  • Thumbs Up 1

Haha So Sonic gen is going to every main system except Wii. Very interesting. Will the NGP's version be like the HD versions or the 3DS version? We'll find out soon enough.

Oh, let me guess. The NGP version will be a port of the console versions while the 3DS gets a 2D-only version. Greeeeeeeeeat.

I don't think SEGA will be knacking it down for NGP if they can easily port the 3DS version instead. It's not like the NGP is on a PS3/360 level anyway.

"Despite what you've heard the NGP isn't as powerful as a Ps3." But rather it sits between the PS2 and PS3
Edited by Tobbii

Surprised? Nope.

Excited? Yep.

Annoyed? Abso-bloody-lutely. As if I need another reason to get the NGP/Vita

I'm putting my money on a 3DS port.

Also Mortal Kombat? Wasn't expecting that...I probably won't end up buying the Vita/NGP but I'll wait and see how things like Generations look before I make a solid decision.

I'm putting my money on a 3DS port.

Also Mortal Kombat? Wasn't expecting that...I probably won't end up buying the Vita/NGP but I'll wait and see how things like Generations look before I make a solid decision.

Wasn't there a rumour about MK coming to 3DS as well?

Wasn't there a rumour about MK coming to 3DS as well?

I'm not sure, I can't say I've heard anything like that. But I'm pretty sure that would be way too difficult to port to the 3DS, what with it using Unreal and all.

I'm not sure, I can't say I've heard anything like that. But I'm pretty sure that would be way too difficult to port to the 3DS, what with it using Unreal and all.

We havn't seen anybody try to do Unreal on 3DS yet though, Epic said that they wouldn't even bother trying. But seeing as from what we know about the NGP, the biggest difference between in and the 3DS seems to be the resolution, which doesn't mean shit when it comes to that to be honest, it might very well work.

Assuming of course, this is a port and now a game built from ground up.

Unleashed type stages are like perfect for a Handheld. Altough this raises the question, why should you play something on the tiny screen, if you get the same on the big screen. The 3DS Version is a lot better in that regard. That's assuming if the NGP version will be a port the HD versions, which it probably will be.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Sony showed PS3 games rendered on the NGP when they first showed the thing. Yakuza, MGS4, Lost Planet. All that other good stuff.

Here's hoping Sega figures out a way to get the console version onto it.

I still don't understand why people assume it will play like the HD version. Sony engineers say the NGP instead sits about "halfway" between the original PSP and PS3.

Sony showed PS3 games rendered on the NGP when they first showed the thing. Yakuza, MGS4, Lost Planet. All that other good stuff.

Here's hoping Sega figures out a way to get the console version onto it.

Tech Demos on a Dev Console with higher specs than a finished console. Not to mention that it did not have PS3-quality graphics, just a very high resoltuoin and very good graphics.

Here...

http://uk.kotaku.com/5775033/sonys-new-ngp-isnt-quite-as-powerful-as-a-ps3-despite-what-youve-heard

I say let's wait until we see some proper games before we decided that this indeed will have the HD version.

Edited by Tobbii

I still don't understand why people assume it will play like the HD version.

Because

Sony showed PS3 games rendered on the NGP when they first showed the thing.

It may end up being a port of the 3DS version, but it may not.

Edited by Tornado

Guess Sega wants it out on everything except the Wii huh? Strange...

Guess Sega wants it out on everything except the Wii huh? Strange...

They did actually talk about this on the 3DS interview, they dropped development on it because they wanted it on the HD consoles. That's another reason why I think both handhelds will be the same.

So why is the PC thing lumped in with the NGP/PSP2/Vita topic?

Heres hoping for exclusive levels in the PSP2 version! But now this means i have to get 3 different sets of music now.

Looking at the new Uncharted game they've shown for NGP, I'd say a port of the console version could work, but given Iizuka's reasons for Modern Sonic's gameplay style on 3DS, I can see them having Modern Sonic play the same on the NGP version.

Dimps would have to invest more resources to make a Wii version than they are doing for the 3DS version. And if the HD version is coming to Nintendo's next console, why would Sega bother producing an additional version for the Wii? It costs less money to simply port the HD version to Nintendo's next console than to do that and make an additional Wii version.

As for the NGP version, I think it could be a port of the HD version. Not that I would mind a graphically enhanced port of the 3DS version.

Heh, my wallets crying already. Sorry little guy, you're gonna have to take one for the team.

*sits back to watch rabid port speculation*

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at the new Uncharted game they've shown for NGP, I'd say a port of the console version could work, but given Iizuka's reasons for Modern Sonic's gameplay style on 3DS, I can see them having Modern Sonic play the same on the NGP version.

Given what we've seen so far with the NGP (And remember this is early days stuff so it's only going to get better with time), there is utterly no reason why the NGP couldn't run the console version.

• Thumbs Up 1

And remember this is early days stuff so it's only going to get better with time

Funny you should say that since a lot of people are still complaining how the Nintendo DS Tech Demos looked way better than the actual games...

• Thumbs Up 4