Awoo.

Sonic Generations for NGP/PS Vita/PC!?

Woun

Funny you should say that since a lot of people are still complaining how the Nintendo DS Tech Demos looked way better than the actual games...

So much for being a PS3/360 exclusive.

PC we've known about for awhile, but... the NGP as well? I can't say that's surprising, but will the NGP's release coincide with Sonic's 20th anniversary, as well as the release of the game? Also, which version will it be? Will SEGA decide to keep the 3DS version be the definitive handheld version of the game, or will they take advantage of the NGP's impressive hardware to do a direct port of the 360/PS3/PC version?

Lastly, this is a stupid question, but.... what the hell is a PS Vita?

Sega keeps being a whore.

Nothing compared to Activision.

Also, porting requires little effort in comparison to making an entirely new game. It doesn't matter which version they port.

PS Vita = NGP

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

I disagree. It wouldn't be a huge differnt if the 3DS's resolution wasn't so pathetically low. The edges look like sawblades; it's ridiculous. Absolutely hideous and simply disappointing.

The NGP is considerably more powerful than the 3DS.

Its got a fucking quad core processor. Its a beast of a handheld.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The NGP is considerably more powerful than the 3DS.

Its got a fucking quad core processor. Its a beast of a handheld.

Sony themselves called it "halway between PSP and PS3", that sounds like a slightly improved 3DS pretty much. The big thing about NGP is the high resoltion, it makes everything look much cleaner. Especially with the pixelation on 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sony themselves called it "halway between PSP and PS3", that sounds like a slightly improved 3DS pretty much. The big thing about NGP is the high resoltion, it makes everything look much cleaner. Especially with the pixelation on 3DS.

Slightly improved is a gross understatement. The quad core alone blasts it past the 3DS, not to mention all the other specs that have been laid on the table. Still, graphics don't make the system, and so far, the 3DS still looks really good AND has 3D, not to mention it's more powerful than a Nintendo Wii. Both systems are just amazing.

I'm hoping SEGA give the NGP the 3DS version, with improved textures and shading, to keep things consistent between the handheld and console versions. The NGP, while very powerful, isn't quite up to par with the 360 and PS3, so I don't see how they could do a direct port of that version. Plus, both the NGP and the 3DS have touch capabilities, which Sonic Gen 3DS may or may not have. We'll really just have to wait and see what happens, but so far, it seems like SEGA really wants as many people as possible to get their hands on this game, just like they did with Sonic 4.

Edited by EXshad

Can't wait to get my hands on that Organic light-emitting diode!

You don't look at the NGP. The NGP looks at you!

I wanna see a slightly improved DS do this:

I wanna see a slightly improved DS do this:

I said slightly improved 3DS.

Also, as mentioned earlier, the NGP has been stripped of some of it's CPU and early dev-units/tech demos don't represent the final products. Wait for E3.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

That would be pretty fantastic if true.

Not too sure about it right now tho'.

Is there a difference? :S

I dunno, what's the difference between a Gameboy Color and a Gameboy Advance?

• Thumbs Up 3

I dunno, what's the difference between a Gameboy Color and a Gameboy Advance?

One of them uses its advanced technology to play Snes games.

One of them uses its advanced technology to play Snes games.

Right.

So, the difference is the same as that of the N64 (DS) to the GameCube (3DS). Except of course, the 3DS renders things in stereoscopic 3D too.

Right.

So, the difference is the same as that of the N64 (DS) to the GameCube (3DS). Except of course, the 3DS renders things in stereoscopic 3D too.

3DS is as powerfull as the Gamecube? Looks more like first generation PS2 to me.

3DS is as powerfull as the Gamecube? Looks more like first generation PS2 to me.

As far as I'm aware, the edition of the console doesn't make a difference to the power it possesses.

Besides, wasn't it always that the PS2 was MORE powerful than the GC?

Besides, wasn't it always that the PS2 was MORE powerful than the GC?

Ehm. No.

Ehm. No.

Honestly, that was a serious question. I have no idea.

I was always told by my classmates who bought the PS2 over the GC that they did so because it was better. I went ahead and bought the GC anyway, and was laughed at because of it.

For years, I was lead to beleive the GC was inferior. If it was actually better, now's the time to tell me.

Ehm. No.

This.

From what I've heard, it was less powerful but easier to design games for. Also, the 8GB DVD Drive helped with bigger games.

Honestly, that was a serious question. I have no idea.

I was always told by my classmates who bought the PS2 over the GC that they did so because it was better. I went ahead and bought the GC anyway, and was laughed at because of it.

For years, I was lead to beleive the GC was inferior. If it was actually better, now's the time to tell me.

Powerwise I think Xbox was the most powerful, follwed by GC and PS2.

But let's take a good example, let's take Resident Evil 4. The PS2 is inferior with graphics and didn't even use in-game cutscenes. They did add more content, but that was due to the PS2's only real advantage, which was the DVD discs.