Awoo.

Sonic Generations for NGP/PS Vita/PC!?

Woun

3DS is as powerfull as the Gamecube? Looks more like first generation PS2 to me.

I dunno, man.

Looks pretty Gamecubeish to me.

super-mario-sunshine.jpg

Mario-3DS.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

They dandied up those screenshots, because there is no way the game is running at that resolution.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Great, and the best thing is that this game isn't coming on the Wii.

fuck_you_My_first_three_memes-s400x405-177513-535.jpg

Why would it?

The Wii's 3rd party support is already drying up. There is a new console on the way, which developers have access to. Why should they develop a game for the Wii, when they can simply port it over to the N6, which will actually able to run the game in HD. The NGP is a beast of machine, and the 3DS is an up and coming haldheld. The Wii has plateaued and so has its developer interest.

• Thumbs Up 1

They dandied up those screenshots, because there is no way the game is running at that resolution.

This. Im looking at screenshots of alot of 3DS games. None of the looks as crisp as those Mario 3DS ones.

fuck_you_My_first_three_memes-s400x405-177513-535.jpg

:D

And Colours didn't come to PS3 or 360. So you know, quit complaining. How else is a multi-platform series supposed to be handled?

• Thumbs Up 7

What's the name of that new Mario game?

Super Mario Name Is Tenative 3DS.

WOOHOO!!!

I'm really hoping the NGP version to be a watered down port of the HD one. Besides, they've run out of dev teams, haven't they? Dimps and the Colors team are busy on the 3DS version, and the Unleashed team is working on the HD version. Who do they have left to make an NGP version?

pixeeeels.png

Looks like 3DS resolution to me. You can clearly see the "steps" of pixels made by the diagonal line there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sega releases trailer:exclusive to ps3 and xbox 360,

Rumors of 3ds version being made come up:sega says nothing,

Nintendo magazine confirms 3ds version,

Rumors of NGP version come up:nothing announced,

what happens next?:......

And about the 3ds graphics, well i don't know yet. Looking at the KH 3d trailer that game looks pretty good so i don't know how smb 3d will look. less than the galaxy series graphics but on par with wii. hmmm... :huh:

Edited by dudehedgehogfan1996

This. Im looking at screenshots of alot of 3DS games. None of the looks as crisp as those Mario 3DS ones.

That's because Nintendo aren't Dimps. When has a Mario game looked bad? Ninty knows how to get the most out of their own consoles. Galaxy 1 and 2 looked amazing, despite the Wii's lack of power compared to it's HD brothers. Hell, Galaxy looked just as good, if not better, than some 360 and PS3 games. The only thing stopping Galaxy looking exactly like it was running on a 360 was the Wii's refusal to support HD graphics. That's pretty much it. The game was smooth and beautiful- the pixels available just weren't small enough to show it in it's full glory.

And that's just it. It's the same with the 3DS. The new Mario will, again, only be held back by pixel size rather than power limitations.

It also probably helps that the screenshots in the background are in HD themselves, so no jaggies.

Now, why were we talking about Mario again?

Edited by ProfessorZolo
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well one things for sure. They got 2 teams, one for probably the 3ds/npg version. And one for the HD consoles(Project cafe too probably). A wii version would just divide the team more and probably make the outcome worse. Nothing against wii only owners, but personally i'm glad there's no wii version.

I still don't understand why people assume it will play like the HD version. Sony engineers say the NGP instead sits about "halfway" between the original PSP and PS3.

Tech Demos on a Dev Console with higher specs than a finished console. Not to mention that it did not have PS3-quality graphics, just a very high resoltuoin and very good graphics.

Here...

http://uk.kotaku.com/5775033/sonys-new-ngp-isnt-quite-as-powerful-as-a-ps3-despite-what-youve-heard

I say let's wait until we see some proper games before we decided that this indeed will have the HD version.

"Some people in the press have said 'Wow, this thing could be as powerful as a PS3.'," Coombes said. "Well, it's not going to run at 2 GHz because the battery would last five minutes... and it would probably set fire to your pants."

I lol'd.

Interesting info, though. Thanks, Tobbii. I thought the NGP was a pretty tough console. Guess it ain't so much.

Ewwwww, it smells like system wars in here.

That's why I was avoiding this topic as much as possible.

Replying to Sonic Generations for NGP/PS Vita/PC.

X3

Alright, guys and gals. Let's move back to the actual subject to be discussed in this topic, as Super Mario and console wars have probably lasted long enough in here now. ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

Anybody know if this game is actually coming to the PC? I know it was rumored along with the 3DS. The 3DS version has been confirmed so I’m wondering if that means the PC version is yet to be announced or if it never existed.

On a side note does anybody have a guesstimation as too the system requirments for such a game. Would a AMD quad core Phenom with NVIDIA GeForce GT 230 graphics cope?

Anybody know if this game is actually coming to the PC? I know it was rumored along with the 3DS. The 3DS version has been confirmed so I’m wondering if that means the PC version is yet to be announced or if it never existed.

On a side note does anybody have a guesstimation as too the system requirments for such a game. Would a AMD quad core Phenom with NVIDIA GeForce GT 230 graphics cope?

"Some people in the press have said 'Wow, this thing could be as powerful as a PS3.'," Coombes said. "Well, it's not going to run at 2 GHz because the battery would last five minutes... and it would probably set fire to your pants."

I lol'd.

Interesting info, though. Thanks, Tobbii. I thought the NGP was a pretty tough console. Guess it ain't so much.

When they showed a montage of future PSV games, Generations wasn't there...so I don't know...

When they showed a montage of future PSV games, Generations wasn't there...so I don't know...

That's really not much to go by. 80-odd PSV titles in development and nowhere near that number was shown in the montage.

Yeah an announcement may be coming later. You never know.

Also i saw the list of developers for PSV and Sega is in there...so again you never know.

From the Virtua Tennis 4 for PS Vita press release:

We are delighted to announce Virtua Tennis 4 and confirm the development of four further titles for the NGP, illustrating our strong support and excitement for the new platform,” said Mike Hayes, CEO of SEGA Europe and SEGA of America. “Our line-up features all new adventures for some of our most loved SEGA IP, in addition to extremely innovative and purpose built new IP – all taking full advantage of the unique gameplay opportunities provided by the NGP.

http://www.segabits.com/?p=13587#more-13587

I hope Sonic Generations or another Sonic title is one of those four titles.