Awoo.

Worst Stage in Any Sonic Game

canderson

I actually hated Crazy Gadget since often the level did some funky things. For example when Sonic has to grind a rail in that room where you had to press switches to get to the other side, I missed the rail and Sonic ended up floating in space. o_0

The worst I encountered was Final Chase. Forget having lost about 14 lives in Final Rush (I was sucking badly at first), Final Chase's gravity cylinders had a tendency to screw around and push Shadow away as he climbed them.

Oh and also Mad Matrix's Dark mission in Shadow the Hedgehog. Finding those bombs while trying to take the right path was a pain. >_<

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JezMM

• Blue Blood

• Frozen Nitrogen

• CreamyBagel

The worst I encountered was Final Chase. Forget having lost about 14 lives in Final Rush (I was sucking badly at first), Final Chase's gravity cylinders had a tendency to screw around and push Shadow away as he climbed them.
Yeah, the gravity cylinders were probably the one of the glitchiest things in the game. The were a hassle to walk on top of. I mean, they were a cool element and you wouldn't die from them, but they had really awkward handling. I wish they could have just made one long cylinder instead of having you jump from one to another.

Ah, I totally second Sonic 2's Metropolis Zone.

Also, pretty much all of Knuckles Chaotix.

Edited by Lando The Bat

Yeah, the gravity cylinders were probably the one of the glitchiest things in the game. The were a hassle to walk on top of. I mean, they were a cool element and you wouldn't die from them, but they had really awkward handling. I wish they could have just made one long cylinder instead of having you jump from one to another.

I quite like doing risky jumps from one to the next, they should have just been less glitchy, especially on the ones near the end of the level. However, still a good stage even if Final Rush is way better and probably my favourite Shadow stage. Bullet Station in Heroes is pretty bad too, just because it's so bland and lost all the excitement that Rail Canyon had. Totally unremarkable, and way too long.

As for shit zones in the 2D games, Techno Base is horrible as hell. Colours that fuck around a lot, loads of cheap death pits, hardly any opportunity to keep the speed boost even though the level is designed for it so it feels slow as hell, and a boss that you either beat quickly or it just kills the fuck out of you for little reason. I also dislike Sunset Hill as it's music is screechy and horrible, it's hard to keep up speed, there's many cheap pits for some reason, and the level is not fun to play. Same with Sonic Advance's Angel Island really.

And... god. Blue Marine in Sonic Blast. It's so arduous I've actually come to kinda like it, and it has good music, but it's still awkward as hell to play, and you're underwater almost the whole time with stupidly sluggish controls.

Edit: Oh god I forgot Cosmic Fall/Fail. It's even worse in Expert Mode, I died so many times for some reason. Also Crazy Gadget is awesome even though I hated it first time through, and hard mode of that is insane too.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Every Tails' stage in SA2. T-T I do wonders with Eggman, but Tails decided to be evil on me for some reason. /_\ I'm glad he didn't have the radio turned on all the time because Sonic would cease to respond to his name ever after Tails went mad and begun to yell his name every 5 seconds (_ _);;

That and Gamma's last stage. /_\

Scrambled Egg Zone. Sonic 2 Game Gear.

It has a very odd name and when I was 7, it was impossible to complete because the tubes confused me so much. Even today, those tubes are annoyingly complex. Then there's navigating them properly so that you land on the moving platforms safely. It is sooo frustrating! Those bomb enemies make it even more aggravating.

Wacky Workbench is irritating because of it's bouncy floors mixed with ice vents and the segmented nature of the hugely vertical zone. The electric things that switch on and off add to the pain. It's also hard to accomplish a successful time travel.

Wacky Workbench is irritating because of it's bouncy floors mixed with ice vents and the segmented nature of the hugely vertical zone. The electric things that switch on and off add to the pain. It's also hard to accomplish a successful time travel.

Oh yes. I completely forgot about this one. I hated the bouncy floors in the levels, and the boss was incredibly easy - not much fun at all.