Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid collection and new transfer system

KHCast

EDIT: Game will run on 60fps and the MGS3 version is based off of Subsistence. Japanese gamers will also receive a DLC code for MGS1 on PSN. No word if this is going to be an offer that we get though.

Woah! If that offer comes to the rest of the world, then I might just pick this up. I've never played a Metal Gear game and have seen nothing but praise for the series, so this would be a great way to get started.

I would walk from my home, in Portugal, up to Konami HQ and camp there to give them my money if they included the first one. PS1 version upscaled would do fine!

Like this, it's a great value package, well worth getting... but without number 1, this old bag will pass.

Edited by killemoff

Woah! If that offer comes to the rest of the world, then I might just pick this up. I've never played a Metal Gear game and have seen nothing but praise for the series, so this would be a great way to get started.

Edited by goku262002

The NES version of Metal Gear is very different. Hell, there isn't even a Metal Gear in it. If you can, definitely get the PS2 version in Subsistence.

Edited by MarcelloF

But most are just re-wordings maybe to make not it sound as hardcore because it was being ported to a family console but it still got its point across and the game was just as dark. Maybe you hated the delievery of the lines that were changed?
Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't see why they couldn't just port twin snakes and upped the textures on that. thats basically half the work done there.

Edited by LunarEdge

That way you can have a clear idea of the story without jumping around from game to game based on its release order.

But, they're meant to be played in release order. That's why they keep including cross references, easter eggs and such for the people that played the previous games, not to mention they retcon/expand on some stuff that would make less sense if played chronologically.

If they wanted you to play MGS3 first they'd have called it MGS1.

Why has nobody posted this yet?

We did. We talked about it in the Konami pre E3 topic. I even made this.

konami-2.jpg

We also noted how the guy responsible for PES looked remarkably like the devil.

Sweet. I held off MGS4 because I really wanted to play all of them in order for extra epicness, so I guess now is a great chance. I should probably download MGS1 tonight when I get back from work, <3.

Sweet. I held off MGS4 because I really wanted to play all of them in order for extra epicness, so I guess now is a great chance. I should probably download MGS1 tonight when I get back from work, <3.

I wouldn't. I'd wait a bit, because I suspect that MGS might end up being a downloadable bonus when the collection comes out, or at the very least have a price drop.

Urm... hang on a second. Last night, I saw it... I'm sure everybody else saw it. MGS HD collection all came on one disk/package...

So why is it now being advertised as two seperate games? MGS 2 & 3 and Peace Walker are now two seperate units?

I wouldn't doubt it really, with the whole "PSP HD" initiative. It almost seemed to good to be true, getting 3 HD remakes, one being a recent PSP title. Let's hope that even if they are two separate units that they don't cost too much

Edited by LunarEdge

I wouldn't. I'd wait a bit, because I suspect that MGS might end up being a downloadable bonus when the collection comes out, or at the very least have a price drop.

Urm... hang on a second. Last night, I saw it... I'm sure everybody else saw it. MGS HD collection all came on one disk/package...

So why is it now being advertised as two seperate games? MGS 2 & 3 and Peace Walker are now two seperate units?

Guess they're doing a collection in the west and releasing Peace Walker separate to the other two in Japan.

The Japanese version of 2&3 doesn't include PW but has a download voucher for 1 on the Store. I'd hope they arrange something similar for our units so we can get 3+1 games since PW is not separate here.

But, they're meant to be played in release order. That's why they keep including cross references, easter eggs and such for the people that played the previous games, not to mention they retcon/expand on some stuff that would make less sense if played chronologically.

If they wanted you to play MGS3 first they'd have called it MGS1.

explain on your retcon/expanded stuff?

Well, there's the whole Big Boss deal and, to a lesser extent, Gray Fox. They've come a long way since the MSX Metal Gears, don't you agree?

And I still believe the best order to play the games in is the one they were developed in. That also happens to coincide with the numbering. Hell, MGS3 starts by asking you if you liked MGS1 or 2 - it's practically made for longtime fans.

Edited by Dobkeratops

Well, there's the whole Big Boss deal and, to a lesser extent, Gray Fox. They've come a long way since the MSX Metal Gears, don't you agree?

And I still believe the best order to play the games in is the one they were developed in. That also happens to coincide with the numbering. Hell, MGS3 starts by asking you if you liked MGS1 or 2 - it's practically made for longtime fans.

It's also playable on its own and has the option "I've never played MGS before" as a main setting.

fans have already agreed that until konami gets off their ass and fixes it, the Metal Gear Solid 4 Database remains non-canon.

I find this interesting, fans have decided that Konami/Kojima can't control their own story... Just fantastic.

Edited by Tobbii

It's also playable on its own and has the option "I've never played MGS before" as a main setting.

Yes. The point here is that the game acknowledges and rewards experienced players. You CAN start with 3, but you'll be missing out on a lot of stuff (that you're meant to instantly get) until you reach the games that you should've played before. C'mon people, basic number count: 1, 2, 3, 4.

I mean, would you play Crisis Core before FFVII proper? Castlevania III before I? Birth By Sleep before mainline KHs? The important progression here is the development process, which affects the chronology of a saga. Moreso one that keeps expanding with each new release.

E3 2011: Metal Gear Solid and ZOE HD Collections listed for XBLA, PSN

Digital releases planned for compilations, says Konami site

Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders HD Collections are planned for release digitally on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, alongside retail box versions.

That's according to Konami's official website for the pair, which says just that.

The compilations were announced at the publisher's E3 press conference on Friday morning. The Metal Gear box, which releases this November, is set to include updates of MGS2 and 3, PSP entry Peace Walker, plus a code to download the original MGS through PSN, if you purchase the PS3 box.

The Zone of the Enders HD Collection meanwhile will release in 2012 on both Xbox 360 and PS3 with HD versions of the two PS2 games.

Both titles will include updated audio and visuals, Trophy and Achievement support, and will run at 60fps.

[ Source: Konami ]

No i dont actually.

Big boss and gray fox's stories have allways been dwelled into more but never really changed from their MSX storylines. Kojima made it a fact that whatever he did to big boss and any other character in the MSX metal gear games that it would still sync up with with the MSX games so when there played it wouldn't feel like the character from that game hasn't changed much.

Yes. The point here is that the game acknowledges and rewards experienced players. You CAN start with 3, but you'll be missing out on a lot of stuff (that you're meant to instantly get) until you reach the games that you should've played before. C'mon people, basic number count: 1, 2, 3, 4.

I mean, would you play Crisis Core before FFVII proper? Castlevania III before I? Birth By Sleep before mainline KHs? The important progression here is the development process, which affects the chronology of a saga. Moreso one that keeps expanding with each new release.

Why are you basically telling people that there playing it wrong just because they want to understand the story better then go by some stupid release count?

And just what the hell will you be missing out on huh? does the game cut any special cutscenes or some important plot development because you didn't play MGS1 or 2 first? or is it just some stupid ass trinket that you can get in a later playthrough?

And yes i would play Crisis Core before FFVII proper, Castlevania III before I, and Birth By Sleep before mainline KHs. I don't care about some stupid easter egg i can go back and see or get. A games beginning never really changes or retcons unless its a game that didn't dwell too much into the story's beginning to begin with and was retcon along the way. thats when the first game needs to get remade to fit with the new storyline retcon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am so picking up all three collections their making, the Metal Gear solid one, the Zone of Enders one, and the Silent Hill one.

I'd still recommend the games be played in order of release. It allows you to appreciate the evolutions in the gameplay and makes things less awkward.

I understand the logic behind playing the games chronologically, but really. Playing 1, 2, 3, 4 really is best.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are you basically telling people that there playing it wrong just because they want to understand the story better then go by some stupid release count?
  • Thumbs Up 3

http://www.konami.com/officialsites/kjpe3/hd_mgs.php

METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER for the PSP can now be enjoyed on the big screen now that it has upscaled its resolution to 1080p. The PlayStation®3 version is TRANSFARRING enabled and comes with a PSP® digital download code for METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER, meaning you are able to play the PS3® version on the big screen at home and continue on-the-go by playing the same save file on your PSP®!

Hopefully it'll work nicely with Vita's BC.