Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid collection and new transfer system

KHCast

My reaction to this news can be best summerised by Two-Face at 1:35-2:05

Details have been released as to what will be on the MGS HD collection.

Japanese version: MGS 2, MGS 3 + DLC code for the original MGS.

Rest of the world version: MGS 2, MGS 3, Peace Walker.

All versions have the Substance version of MGS 2 and 3.

MGS 3 INCLUDES Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2!

Now the most fun... if the MGS 2 version is the PS2 edition... then it will also include the skateboarding minigame!

And to top it off... here are the trophy images

mgstrophies812.jpg

Will definitely be buying.

MGS ever since Ive first played the first one to me buying and beating MGS4 took place as one of my favorite series.

• Thumbs Up 1

But why not MGS4 for the 360? I know its a big game and i would've understood it needing 2 discs (in fact it'd feel more retro that way! smile.gif ) but i think its time it stopped being a PS3 exclusive now that the other games are getting the mulplatform treatment.

Edited by Crystal Kingfisher

I going to get this collection. I have MSG 4 and I want to get the others as well. :)

Though are the cutscenes as long as MSG4 in ther other games, I loved MSG 4 but I felt like I was watching a movie sometimes.

I going to get this collection. I have MSG 4 and I want to get the others as well. smile.gif

Though are the cutscenes as long as MSG4 in ther other games, I loved MSG 4 but I felt like I was watching a movie sometimes.

In 2? Absolutely. All over the damn place.

In Snake Eater? A couple, but that's it.

Though are the cutscenes as long as MGS4 in ther other games, I loved MGS4 but I felt like I was watching a movie sometimes.

No. MGS1-3 do have somewhat long cutscenes, but nowhere near as long as in 4.

Look's like it might be a retail item. I mean, that's why its got a collector's edition, right?

10532517-1313163715-778142.jpg

Includes:

• Game

• Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

• PSN code to download Metal Gear Solid 1

• 5 x Art Cards

And there isn't a X360 collector's edition. >:o

No. MGS1-3 do have somewhat long cutscenes, but nowhere near as long as in 4.

End of MGS2 explanation vomit codec call is pretty goddamn long, enough I think to rival MGS4, which to it's credit at least had visually interesting cutscenes.

Yeah, people love to hit on MGS4's cutscene amount (joke wore thin after the first months, get on with the times folks), but 1, 2 and 3 were filled to the brim with mandatory codec calls, which 4 almost completely ditched. Put those together and see how much time you spent looking at talking portraits, you'd be surprised.

Besides, complaining about lengthy exposition sequences in a MGS game is like bitching at Doom for having too much shooting. Don't like it? Why the hell are you playing the game then?

And there isn't a X360 collector's edition. >ohmy.gif

Uh, how are you going to run MGS4 and redeem the PS1 PSN code on that?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

What a misleading title. :/ I thought you were talking about an MGS HD remake.

Good thing I just got a Vita. -puts Metal Gear Solid HD on list.-

Tell me about it, thanks allot kotaku for yanking peoples chains like that.

But I like 3 its 1 of my all time favorites. though lately it feels like we've been having the "Sonic Adventure DX porting" treatment with it, where its being ported to everything imaginable.

Edited by goku262002

Personally I want to see MGS 5 on PS3. It's about time.

MGS 10/10

MGS2 8/10

MGS3 9.5/10

MGS4 6.5/10. A nice game. Incredible cutscenes, graphics and bosses. However, I felt the level design was too linear and didn't flow nicely. The game felt rushed in strange way. The replay value (normally a strength of MGS games) was very disappointing.

The MGS HD Collection is one of the best HD Collections around. Well worth buying.

Yeah, people love to hit on MGS4's cutscene amount (joke wore thin after the first months, get on with the times folks), but 1, 2 and 3 were filled to the brim with mandatory codec calls, which 4 almost completely ditched. Put those together and see how much time you spent looking at talking portraits, you'd be surprised.

Besides, complaining about lengthy exposition sequences in a MGS game is like bitching at Doom for having too much shooting. Don't like it? Why the hell are you playing the game then?

Uh, how are you going to run MGS4 and redeem the PS1 PSN code on that?

Wouldn't be a problem if I could pause them which I can't apart from 4! sleep.png