Awoo.

Wipeout HD & Group Race

Badnik Mechanic

wipeout-hd-fury-20090611021655182.jpg

Owww pretty lights!

You already know what Wipeout is, it's a futuristic racing game with weapons! It was originally a launch title with the original playstation and has since then continued to appear on every single playstation platform. Each time it tries to look push the hardware of the playstation.

When Wipeout HD was released a few years ago, it did something no other game has done. It was the first game to ever run at 1080p. No upscaling, no clever tricks so that it could claim to be 1080p, it was 1080p as you should expect that claim to be.

It has been out for a number of years and has since had an expansion pack as well.

It's also quite a notorious title for being pretty challenging compared to some of it's contemporary racing counterparts.

Anyway, as of today, it's free to just about every Playstation 3 owner as part of the 'welcome back' offer. So go download it!

Also, a few of us were speaking in the main omigod playstation network is downz topic and a few of us wanted to have a jolly big race and in the process try and get a few really difficult trophies that Wipeout has on offer.

There are two trophies are...

Bling Brigade - Finish an eight player online race with all players using ships that are displaying Campaign Skins.

Endurance - Finish an online 12 race tournament.

Sounds easy right? Well no, because not everybody picks a capaign skin when racing and you have to actually find a tournament with 12 people in it and hope that they all 'finish' it, by that they have to all at race until they are knocked out.

But for now lets focus on at least getting the Bling Brigade trophy, we need 8 people to join us in our race, and everybody needs to select a campaign skin... but not so fast... first you need to unlock it, the quickest way to unlock a campaign skin is to play campaign mode and get at least a bronze medal in all cells. Once you've done that we can go get our trophies.

So if anyone wants to join us, please make yourself known.

(you do not need to own Wipeout Fury in order to join, the DLC does NOT impact this trophy, so if you have the game already you can still join regardles as to if you have the DLC or not).

1: King_ubu (Me) (ready to fly)

2: TenchiFreak5 (Tornado)

3: Shadzter (do you really need to be told who this is?)

4: RadRed (Chooch)

5: Dobkeratops (It's Dobkeratops)

6: CarbonExt. (Carbo) (Ready to fly)

7: ZiggyShadowDust (Ziggy)

8: RaptorRampage (Raptor Rampage)

(9): shadowextreme101 (blackherox)

(10): harsh94 (Scar)

(11): sir_killemoff

(12): gamerc0la64

13:

14:

15:

16:

I will most likely be seeking further help from PS3trophies.org so please try and get a campaign skin asap if you wish to join us.

Well jolly good and hope we have some fun after all the stress we've had over the last month.

Oh and if you've never played Wipeout before or have no idea what it's like. Here is a rather banging video with one hell of an epic soundtrack.

Edited by Hogfather

Count me in on this.

TenchiFreak5

I'd just need to know in advance when the race happens, because of timezone wackiness and whatnot.

No problem, and yeah I'll pick a date/time for us all to do this once we have enough people, most likely it'll be an evening (GMT), just need to see who wants to do it first of all and give people a time to unlock the said skin.

I'll join in once I've unlocked a campaign skin. I don't have the Fury expansion though. Do you need that for either of those two trophies?

I'll join in once I've unlocked a campaign skin. I don't have the Fury expansion though. Do you need that for either of those two trophies?

I'm in. PSN ID is RadRed.

I'm gonna go and try to get a Campaign Skin now.

I'm in. Same PSN ID as forum username.

Redownloading the game at I write this. Boy I sure hope I don't run into any issues with my saved games because it was hell enough golding the Phantom events once.

Edited by Dobkeratops

CarbonExt.

I'm down with this, gotta first get around to unlocking skins and stuff.

EDIT: without the ".", Hogfather : P

Edited by Carbo

Having network problems, but I'll see what I can do and if I can join.

Okey doke.

Just so everyone knows, I've been playing this game since about 6PM, I am literally half way through the campaign and I suspect that this might take a few days for everyone to get their skins.

Mind you, I am utterly loving Wipeout, it's so addictive and fun. But the colours though! Especially those venom events, the way the whole track and evironment changes... it melts my eyes it's so pretty.

I bought and started playing Wipeout on my PS1 a few weeks back, right before they announced that Wipeout HD would be free.

Yays thankies Hogfather. It's been a long time since I played a WipEout game. First the demo of WipEout 2097 and Wip3out. Enjoyed them both.

Whilst we're organising stuff, if anyone else wants to join please feel free to, idealy I'd like 12 people to join us but more are very welcome, we can easilly switch things around if we get too many.

Also, since we might as well talk about this game too.

So far I love it! I didn't really have much interest in this one when it first came out (I don't like racing games), but now that I've got it I'm hooked! The soundtrack is awesome, it's without doubt one of the best soundtracks I've heard for a long time in a game.

Mind you, I have just been told that this game also allows you to put in custom soundtracks, dare I import the original Wipeout soundtrack? Or shall I be epically sad and slap on there a random Sonic OST!

Wipeout HD is fun as hell. It's just the kind of racing game I've been looking for - fast paced and insane with so many sci-fi elements oozing over it.

The custom soundtrack feature is amazing, it automatically lets you choose a permanent playlist of music in the options, letting you add new things whenever you want to and it even equalizes it perfectly - adding a bunch of nifty effects to it while racing. It's incredibly dynamic and smooth.

What do you guys listen to? I've mostly got electronic stuff and industrial for now - Pendulum, Celldweller, The Prodigy and Blue Stahli come to mind right now.

I might also add the Sonic R soundtrack for shits and giggles but right now I mostly got Riders stuff since that's what I had on my drive.

Edited by Carbo

I'm in if you still need people ( PSN ID: shadowextreme101, ), just need to download the game (as soon as the error message clears). Will this be happening definetely tommorow or sometime in the following week?

I'm in if you still need people ( PSN ID: shadowextreme101, ), just need to download the game (as soon as the error message clears). Will this be happening definetely tommorow or sometime in the following week?

The Fury menu skin is fucking ace.

What do you guys listen to? I've mostly got electronic stuff and industrial for now - Pendulum, Celldweller, The Prodigy and Blue Stahli come to mind right now.

This is quite a fun little game, and it is also quite like the one on the PSP whose name I can't remember but I really enjoyed playing.

This is part of the 'Wecome Back' thing Sony are doing. Should i get it? From the sound of it, it's great.

This is part of the 'Wecome Back' thing Sony are doing. Should i get it? From the sound of it, it's great.

It's a brilliant game if you're in to combat racing games, and you get the Fury DLC expansion with it, too.

PSN: harsh94

Count me in if its not too late

I'll be downloading the game once the traffick clears.

Edited by Scar

Sure I'll put you on there, wow we might actually be able to get the tournament trophy too at this rate.

Also can people let me know once you've beaten the campaign and unlocked the skin? Don't get mixed up with the loyalty skin which you might unlock on the way, the one you'r looking for is the one that pops up once you beat every mission.