Awoo.

Wipeout HD & Group Race

Badnik Mechanic

Why didn't Sony release this as a $40 disc title!? Its easily good enough. I would have bought it had I known how awesome it was.

The custom soundtrack feature is amazing, it automatically lets you choose a permanent playlist of music in the options, letting you add new things whenever you want to and it even equalizes it perfectly - adding a bunch of nifty effects to it while racing. It's incredibly dynamic and smooth.

Why didn't Sony release this as a $40 disc title!? Its easily good enough. I would have bought it had I known how awesome it was.

Didn't it get a disc release in the U.S.? They released it on disc with the Fury add-on over here in Europe for about £15-£20 less than a normal PS3 game.

PSN: killemoff (or sir_killemoff, can't recall which)

Currently still far from completing the campaign, but you can count me in.

I'm assuming it's sir_killemoff since thats what your ID tag says.

I only need to complete 5 more missions and I'm done... but some of the missions on the last arena are a bit of a bastard. The alpine stage on this particular zone, it's quite challenging, I managed to get my gold but it wasn't the easiest mission I've done.

I'm assuming it's sir_killemoff since thats what your ID tag says.

I only need to complete 5 more missions and I'm done... but some of the missions on the last arena are a bit of a bastard. The alpine stage on this particular zone, it's quite challenging, I managed to get my gold but it wasn't the easiest mission I've done.

PSN: gamerc0la64

I call the 12th spot! I'm downloading Wipeout as we speak...

right after I install inFamous.

The difficulty in this game is somewhat all over the place, isn't it? I was burning through the game, golding every event first time through on medium, and I just hit an event that I've been fighting with for like an hour now.

The difficulty in this game is somewhat all over the place, isn't it? I was burning through the game, golding every event first time through on medium, and I just hit an event that I've been fighting with for like an hour now.

By any chance... is it the 'ski resort' track?

The one which has those two left hand corners which are a complete arse to navigate?

Yes. I have an idea of a way that I can beat it now, but I stopped playing it for fear of breaking my brand new DS3 about half an hour after I made that post. And the turbo boost they give you is basically useless, because you can't use it anywhere on that track except for the bit that has the three speed boosters already anyways.

Yes. I have an idea of a way that I can beat it now, but I stopped playing it for fear of breaking my brand new DS3 about half an hour after I made that post. And the turbo boost they give you is basically useless, because you can't use it anywhere on that track except for the bit that has the three speed boosters already anyways.

Depending on the speed class there are two places I found it very useful.

Either use it as you're going up the hill for that very large drop that takes you into a cave. You'll take off and be able to do a mid air roll when you land just inside the cave.

Or...

As you enter the cave you head up a hill, use it just before you get to the top of the hill, if you time it right you'll fly off the track just miss the top of the cave and be able to do a mid air roll... and turn sharply in the air so you line up for the final part of the course.

That was about what I expected I had to do when I shut the game off and thought about it for a little while. I just haven't gotten the time to actually do it. I was only something like 2/10ths off from the Gold time, so I imagine that would be enough.

Is it one of those lap time tests?

Brotip: the first lap doesn't count. Use your speed boost right before crossing the finishing line to get a headstart on the second lap, then nail that one. Use the second boost at the end of the cave section to jump over and skip the wavy last section, landing with a midair barrel roll in the last curve.

Sebenco's kind of an asshole-ish track because you have to take the turns differently from the rest. Normal procedure is to start at the outside, no? Well, try doing it closer to the inside and make good use of the aero brakes.

So urm... this Friday at say 6PM (GMT) would everyone be willing to try and get the 12 man tournament trophy? Idealy I'd like it if we all had our campaign skins by then, but I think it would be cool if we could knock out the 12 man tournament one by friday since I expect that one to be the most complicated to organise.

Also I've added everyone whose signed up to my friends list.

6pm GMT on Friday sounds good.

Though I haven't completed the campaign yet and School starts tomorrow, so I might not be able to finish it. Does it really matter if I don't have the Campaign Skin?

For the 12 man tournament one you don't need the campaign skin. Idealy get the campaign skin asap so we can start sorting out the bling trophy. But since we can get the 12 man tournament one out of the way whenever, we might as well have some fun together and get some reward in return.

Oh crap. I can't do Friday, because it's my wife's Birthday. Don't worry about it though. You guys carry on :)

I'll see if I can find someone to fill in since we need 12. Also gamerc0la64 just said via PSN message that he should be able to make it.

If you guys know of anyone who has wipeout, can you ask them if they'd be willing to join, idealy the more people we get the more likely we are of pulling it off.

I'll be there 6pm GMT.

If i don't get an aneurism from rage caused be trying to complete the campaign...

Didn't get your friend request, Hogfather.

You sure you wrote it in right by the way? Cause I still see you got a dot after my tag in the list there.

No way I'll be able to get the campaign skin by Friday, but I should be able to do the tournament then.

6PM GMT is... Hm. Its either 1PM or 2PM here.

Just sent you another.

I think what happened with yours was that I started to add Dobkeratops and wrote your name in the message by mistake, so afterwards I thought "Ok already done that one."

Also you all need to actually accept the friends request, otherwise I can't invite you into the game since I'll set it to private.

Edited by Hogfather