Awoo.

Wipeout HD & Group Race

Badnik Mechanic

Whoops!

Silly me made a mistake.

For our big tournament race, you don't need 12 people. You just need to play through an entire 12 race event... silly me. So don't worry if you can't make it on that day you can easilly boost it with one other person.

How goes the quest for the campaign skin?

I've been playing the fury expansion as I heard theres a track on it Syncopia that makes getting the ZONE trophies a lot easier, they wern't kidding! The track is quite awesome, but it's so much easier to fly on than the ones in the normal version of the game.

I'm on the Meltdown campaign after having gotten all the cells on the other campaigns (not counting Fury). I assume after I complete this I get a skin?

Yeah, you don't need to beat Fury to get the skin, which is jolly good news. Although Fury's campaign is amazingly easy compared to the main one. I love the eliminator stages on Fury, and the detonator ones.

Hey sorry guys I'm having some Internet issues so won't be able this one. Will there be future opportunities?

Yup. We all still need the bling trophy so we'll have to pick a date/time later on for that.

As I said a few posts ago, the tournament one doesn't need 12 people, you just need to race 12 races.

Eh, I wouldn't mind helping you get it further ahead if you cannot.

btw, what speed tier are we going to use? Nothing short of Rapier I hope! Oh, am I right in assuming newcomers are playing the campaign at Normal difficulty?

Eh, I wouldn't mind helping you get it further ahead if you cannot.

btw, what speed tier are we going to use? Nothing short of Rapier I hope! Oh, am I right in assuming newcomers are playing the campaign at Normal difficulty?

I'd think so. Personally I do normal, with the exception of Zone which I always do on Elite.

That said I too vouch for at least Rapier speed at minimum.

Other than the normal difficulty, I've not even tried changing it yet. I don't think we'll be going crazy with the difficulty since I want people to enjoy themselves XD.

Mind you I have been playing a lot of Zone, just got my Airbreaker trophy which made me happy! Also finally gotten around to uploading a playlist for use in the game.

I love what this game does to custom soundtracks! It just works so well, how the track changes colour with the beat, how the pitch/tone/volume alters when you gain air or perform a jump. Theres just something about listening to Escape from the City at the start, then suddenly when I'm at high speeds on comes the Doctor Who theme, then the After Burner infinate climax edition from bayonetta and finally

as I crash into a wall thats just awesome.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! I nearly drove myself to insanity with Sebenco Climb single race event in Meltdown. It was the last medal I needed and I hated that circuit with a passion. If I couldn't get it with 15 minutes to go, I'd pull out of this get-together. I made it in the end but now I'm shaking with rage.

Er, what happened? After Race 8 half the people dropped out.

Edit: My apologies on the second running. A new vehicle was unlocked, and I went to look at it and the race started.

Edited by Tornado

Sorry for not being available guys - I had urgent matters to attend to renovating business and I kinda left my console on.

I'll have to join in some other time, assuming you guys aren't picking up anything later on.

Edited by Carbo

It's been quite difficult to get a smooth game running. My connections are never that great, but we've had a few fun laps. Also I believe a few of you should have unlocked some trophies which is good.

Sorry I had to drop out early, guys. I definitely think that we should make this a weekly thing, though. The races I was able to do were quite fun.

It's been quite difficult to get a smooth game running. My connections are never that great, but we've had a few fun laps. Also I believe a few of you should have unlocked some trophies which is good.

Yeah, there were some strange things happening with you hosting, like me/all of you being invisible. :P

Was fun though, we should do it again. And next time, get the Bling Brigade trophy as well! Also more than 4 people should be nice.

And Ziggy, i know what you mean, but after all those tries on Sebenco, i've actually gotten pretty good on it. :D Too bad some damn flying ship took my first place like a boss. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Can... Can anyone beat Zico?

My best time so far is 31.10. To beat Zico you have to match or go faster than 30.82! I've been trying for hours and can barely match my own PB! Has anyone attempted this/can do it for me lol?

Don't even bother with Zico. Really. You know how some people can lift weights with their scrotums? It's possible, but man you don't want to go there.

We need to arrange another of these things for the bling brigade and for anyone that's still missing the endurance one. But meetup at chatroom first, because once in a lobby there's a timer that'll autostart the race while we're sorting things out.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Don't even bother with Zico. Really. You know how some people can lift weights with their scrotums? It's possible, but man you don't want to go there.

BUT I MUST BEAT HIM!!!

I know I can do it, it's just that everytime I try something goes wrong!

We need to arrange another of these things for the bling brigade and for anyone that's still missing the endurance one. But meetup at chatroom first, because once in a lobby there's a timer that'll autostart the race while we're sorting things out.

Oh definately, I didn't know about that until suddenly the game started up. Also no voice chat, kinda annoying. Yet I get why there isn't any.

Too bad some damn flying ship took my first place like a boss. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

"rawkets"

cool_f.gif

Oh, well you didn't see what I saw him do then! Suddenly he stopped his ship and I took the lead and thought "Why has he done that?" suddenly I hear the word "QUAKE!" next thing I know I've blown up and everyone else is nearly dead before he crosses the line.

However I then did it a few games later... it was worth sacrificing 1st place just to do it...

cool_f.gif There will be Quake....

Too bad some damn flying ship took my first place like a boss. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Oh hang on? Did you then send a message saying something like "WTF Flyer!?" imediately after? lolz, because that was me! Theres some places on this game where if you boost in the right place you can fly right off the track.

Edited by Hogfather

Thought it was Dobkeratops on a Sebemco race, on that ramp just before the 2 last curves before the finish line, i was in first, and i see a ship flying reeeeally high over me. I was like "omg HACKS!". :P

Errg. That's why when I thought I should have been in first on my last race because I hadn't the sight of another ship, someone somehow beat me and I didn't see them the whole race, yet the position change was going mad, like there was an invisible ship beside me. Goddamn you.

Sorry I couldn't make it. Our old 36 in. CRT TV broke D:

Thanfully, my dad is planning on getting a new HDTV soon. That way I'll be able to enjoy a wipEout HD in its full glory.

By Gilius Thunderhead's beard I did it!

I beat Zico! I don't really know how but I did it! 80.77 was my record, only I was that shocked about doing it I quickly quit the game to sync my trophies and forgot to make sure the game saved the time, which it didn't... oh well!

If you guys are going to go for platinum, I wish you all the luck in the world for that one. That is one hell of a challenge. It took me well over 500 laps before I was able to beat the time. Was not a fun experience at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thought it was Dobkeratops on a Sebemco race, on that ramp just before the 2 last curves before the finish line, i was in first, and i see a ship flying reeeeally high over me. I was like "omg HACKS!". :P

Yes, it was me

Had been saving that boost the entire lap just for the occasion :D

By Gilius Thunderhead's beard I did it!

I beat Zico! I don't really know how but I did it! 80.77 was my record, only I was that shocked about doing it I quickly quit the game to sync my trophies and forgot to make sure the game saved the time, which it didn't... oh well!

Jesus fucking christ, congrats.

Now go home and be a family man!

• 3 weeks later...

So having recently being able to get the Fury expansion for free has brought me back to Wipoeout HD, and I can't help but want to give my impressions of all the new ship designs. But I also need to mention Wipeout Fusion and how most of its story was told by way of the game's extremely intricate website made by a company galled Good Technology.

Feisar: The HD version is basically the same ship from Pure, which looks good aside from the strangely thick fins. The Fury version of this ship is a lot better looking

AG Systems: This team actually wasn't in fusion, there they were replaced by G Tech, a team based off the company that made fusion's website. Really, the HD ship is kinda wimpy looking compared to the ship from 3, and the fury version is frankly overdesigned.

Assegai: Pretty good looking in HD, but I miss the offset cockpit from 3. The Fufry version does that thing where the two frontal bits are so gigantic but thin that they look just plain silly.

EG-X: Why did they bring this team back from Fusion? If you're going to bring back a team from Fusion, I'd rather they brought back Van Uber or Xios. These ships are so silly looking.

Goteki 45: Why'd they bring back the filler team from 3? Anyway, the Fury version of this ship is actually surprisingly cool looking, though it doesn't look that aerodynamic. For some reason the Fusion websitre asserts that this team had strong weapons even though all the teams in 3 had the same weapons.

Piranha: I'm kinda miffed that they gave this Piranha stats that would be more befitting a Quirex, but then they also made it pretty ugly. Piranha was my favorite team from 3 because it combined a high top speed with good handling but poor shields and acceleration, a very high risk/reward ship. The Fury version looks like it was made from Legos.

Quirex: It's basically the ship from 3 but with strange stats for a Quirex. I can't decide what I think of the Fury version. This team had been bought out by Tigron in Fusion, their ships was kinda interesting looking, but they apparently were a front for the Russian mob, according to the web site. They came up with this very fan-ficish story about how they were back in Pure.

Triakis: This team feels kind of like a filler team, and there's this funny thing about how it was really overpowered in Pure because its airbrakes turned it just the same but didn't make it decelerate as much as the other ships. The Fury ship is kind of cool aside from the mouth they drew on it.

Auricom was flat out goofy looking in Fusion, it looked like some kind of flying barge. In HD, it's basically a rounded version of the ship from 3 but also with Quirex-ish stats. The Fury version is visually very overdesigned.

Harimau: Probably my favorite of the post Wipeout 3 teams, though I guess that shouldn't be surprising considering it basically has the stats that Piranha did in 3. Both ships are pretty cool looking.

Icarus: Fusion's website's description of this team was just bizarre, it was the pet project of some businessman that had an extra pair of eyes surgically added to promote a line of sunglasses his company made, and then he died at his son's birthday party by choking on a balloon. Anyway, the HD ship is pretty chunky, but the Fury version is flippin sweet looking.

Mirage: Why does this team exist? Their ship has the most generic stats while also being the ugliest.

Anyway, HD's handling has grown on me, though I still miss the floatyness of the ships from 3, ships in this game ride at only one height, just like those from Fusion. I also still think the barrel roll is just plain goofy.