Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

Me and my close friends used to act out our favorite scenes from Sonic games in my back yard/neighborhood.

We actually had freak theories of the characters actually existing in our world.

We've even hunted a few. We saw Chaos 0 spawn from the local lake at 1am.

Chaos broke in to my room, stole my (fake) Chaos Emerald, and even left behind a bit of his liquid (blue shampoo).

I had a fan character who was an exact recolor, color-swap of Shadow. Named Blaze.(Note: Before Blaze the Cat/SA2 era.)

I had a crush on and sexual fantasies about Rouge the Bat. Because of her Chest.

I actually like Sonic '06... better than Generations.

I'm actually all for an SA3-esque game.

I miss Hyper Sonic.

I think Slipknot music works well with Sonic games.

I've wanked to Sonic hentai.

I sleep with a Sonic plushie.

...and my avatar is actually a Sonic pixel-art edit.

Damage done.

This is the Sonic fanbase, you have to try much harder than that >:V

I'll often end up doing the classic sonic run without ever thinking about it. One time i rolled from the top of a hill in the park and it actually worked... though I uncurled before reaching the bottom.

• Thumbs Up 2

Running like Sonic does with my arms behind while nobody was looking,

Same here but unlike you I was caught... blush.png More I was caught at jumping around, acting like Sonic and punching air sad.png . God damn it! What was I thinking..

I adore Shadow the Hedgehog the game. Love the alien invasion, Black Doom and his badass voice, the paths you choose to take, voice acting; these are just some of the great things (in my opinion) about Shadow.

I also like most of the side characters, such as the Chaotix, that everyone loves to hate, and I wish we could have more characters to play as in the main games again, rather than being limited to only Sonic.

Finally.....I have a fetish for Amy and her skirt. Because I'm like that. This is revealing our secrets, after all.

Oh boy, this'll be fun.

-Werehog is awesome.

-I have imaginary adventures in my head with Sonic and other characters all the time, even to this day. :)

-I think Sonic's cute.

-Chris Thorndyke isn't all that bad. Especially in season 3. I mean, he's got some issues, but I don't want characters to be perfect. In fact, I don't LIKE completely liking a character. Does that make sense? Plus, his personality opened up a lot of doors for the development of other characters, 'specially Sonic, obviously.

-Colors Sonic is growing on me a bit

-What? No, I didn't say anything. I can't stand Colors Sonic. Can't stand him.

-I listen to Sonic music more than I listen to other genres of music... combined.

-I suck at Sonic CD. I've never even beat it.

-I've collected five of the seven Chaos Emeralds. (If you know what I mean.)

-My favorite color is blue. Guess why.

Edited by BlueBlurMe

I loved Unleashed as a whole, and I find the Werehog horribly underrated. Then again, when I was a kid, I would wonder what Sonic would be like as a werewolf, so come to your own conclusions. tongue.png (inb4 YOU CURSED US ALL!!!!!!!!11one)

I found the original version of CD vastly overrated. I recently downloaded the Xbox Live version, and while it's really good (miles better than the wonky physics of the original game), I still find CD as it is really overrated. It's good, I just like 3&K more.

I have a Sonic fan-character. ...I think that statement speaks for itself. Although, I haven't pulled the "my character is the brother/sister/father/son/clone of ______" yet, so I think I'm a slightly better writer than most Sonic fan-fiction writers. ...my character also isn't overpowered as hell, so I guess there's that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I wouldn't say these are SHAMEFUL, but at least one will make folks want to burn me down.

And here it is;

1: I find Sonic Adventure 2 to be THE most, absolute, overrated game in the franchise, bar none. The only things I personally like about it are Sonic and Shadow's stages, the Chao Garden, and to an extent, the Kart Racing and 2P mode in the GameCube port. Oh, and most of the music.

2: Speaking of music, I actually kinda LIKED Chronicles' music. Especially this one battle theme.

3: I absolutely love everything about the nighttime stages in Unleashed. I love the music, I love the level designs, I love the Werehog. The nightime stages are the biggest reason why Unleashed ranks #1 in my favorite Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm... I guess I'll vent about this one thing.

Sonic related merchandise absolutely destroys me. 95% of the time I'm good and don't think about buying anything because I'm not really interested in whatever merchandise is out there.

There are those times though... that I have an almost primal craving I have whenever I see something Sonic related out of the corner of my eye for sale. When I was in college there would be this street mall that comes every now and then. One of them had your typical "nerdy" stuff. I saw Sonic plushes and other goodies hanging there and I just had to buy one little thing to scratch that itch. I stopped walking that path in fear of how much money I'd spend.

Looking at Japanese Sonic merchandise is even worse. I'm not one for merchandise with classic Sonic on it (sorry!) but man.. when I see the Japanese stuff with Modern Sonic on it... the yearning doesn't go away until I think of something unpleasant haha.

I...... I hated the song Open Your Heart as a kid. First I got SA2, then SADX, so I thought that SADX was no where near as good in comparison. I was not very open minded. I was stubborn; you could not change my thoughts. But a few months ago (another shameful secret coming) after beating the game about 5 months before that (I know, I know

Edited by BlueBlurMe

I've never been able to beat any of the classic games except for Sonic CD :(

and (well, this would be considered shameful to some and not to others) I love Sonic R, and especially its soundtrack. It's actually one of my favorite soundtracks in the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

I read this really weird comic where Sonic found out Tails was actually a girl, and then, well... huh.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I read this really weird comic where Sonic found out Tails was actually a girl, and then, well... huh.png

Very much like the '06 example I brought up earlier in this topic, I'm actually ashamed that I completed Chronicles 10 times over and didn't acknowledge it's utter shittiness earlier.

I mean, I very often got impressions back then that the game was incredibly unprofessionally made with an ugly lack of anti-aliasing on character portraits and even dither on in-game graphics and the lower-than-flash quality amaterish "cutscenes" and I have always despised it's excuse for music and sound effects but It never quite struck me as a roundedly bad game back then, which it unquestionably is. But then the sheer amount of times I completed this game made me more qualified and therefore assured in my deeming it one of the worst Sonic games of all time.

It's why I didn't see it sooner that makes me feel flabbergasted to a small extent. I actually feel though that experience with '06 and Chronicles actually made me more acknowledging of crap in Sonic games when I see it.

In thinking back on it, the most shameful thing that happened to me regarding Sonic was when I made a bet with my brother that Shadow The Hedgehog wouldn't be a critically panned game, with the conditions for winning being that we couldn't say anything bad about our favorite game companies for like a week or something, his being Microsoft and mine being Sega, naturally. We all know how that turned out, but I mean hey, I had precedent on my side! Sega hadn't really screwed up a main Sonic game before then. At worst, Heroes was okay, so my conclusion was still perfectly logical.

I also dressed in black, red, and white on the day of the game's release, but I harbor no shame for that one. Even if it was for a mediocre game, I was still coordinated as fuck.

Two more Chaotixy ones from me, spoilered because they might offend people.

Numero Uno; I really dislike the Find the Computer Room meme, mostly because there isn't any logic in why it's such a prevalent thing for Vector. The only you could access that quote was to pause and switch to his mission when you'd already found him in Cosmic Fall (as such, I missed the quote entirely for a lot of playthroughs), and it only took them less than ten minutes after that point to reach said computer room, which became crucial in the final story. The finding part was treated as a very small part in the overall story, but it's treated as something that was extremely encroaching on the story.

Numero Dos; I don't know if it even had a following pre-Heroes, but I have no idea how anyone could have shipped Vector and Espio before then. None of their appearances before then indicated that they were anything but two guys who just so happened to wind up on the same island (and they never technically had to meet if you didn't to want to play as one of them).

And then Heroes was released and it's just been more and more shippable since. :3

Ho hum.

Oh dude I know the exact one you're talking about.

. . . *cough*

I like looking for Sonic X Shadow pictures, and I have like multiple Sonic X Knuckles stories in my head and I plan on writing them soon. =w=

A shameful Sonic secret of mine is I have hacked PSO:BB to allow me to change my character avatar to look like Sonic.

He played like a SEGA Yoda.

• Thumbs Up 1

-I used to believe in the Tails Doll curse.

-I like the werehog.

-When I first saw an ad for Sonic Adventure DX back in 2003, I thought Knuckles was a girl because of the dreadlocks looking like regular hair.(It was a small image, and I was 4 back then.)In fact, I didn't know anyone but Sonic.

-Even though I loved the Sonic character designs in that SADX ad, I never really got into the series until 2009, and I now know practically everything about the franchise.

-The way that most of my friends discovered Sonic was through Sonic X, and whenever I talk about games they don't own, they barely understand what I'm talking about.

-I'm the only person in real life that I know that's played any of the classics. Of course, it's on Sonic Classic Collection for the DS, but still. Speaking of which, I have never passed Sandopolis Act 2.

-I think Shadow's background story is rather boring.

• Thumbs Up 1

What happened? Was it some sort of H-comic (or to be more accurate if this is the case, a H-manga?)?

Although if you don't want to share, that's OK.

Yeah, it was. I guess it wasn't really that shameful since I didn't like it and it... kind of scarred me. Thanks a lot, Internet. Special thanks to Rule 34, 'no exception' indeed. dry.png

Edited by KatamariParadox

I've never been able to beat any of the classic games except for Sonic CD sad.png

and (well, this would be considered shameful to some and not to others) I love Sonic R, and especially its soundtrack. It's actually one of my favorite soundtracks in the series.

On the other hand, I've beaten every one of the main Genesis games (1, 2, CD, 3&K) but Sonic 2. Which is really odd, since 2 was my first Sonic game.

@VEDJ-F

I don't really get why FTCR became such a big joke either. I mean, it's a goofy sounding line a guess, but I don't know why that one got singled out among all the goofy lines in Shadow (I get why the DAMN fourth chaos emerald became one though).

Edited by Ekaje

-The way that most of my friends discovered Sonic was through Sonic X, and whenever I talk about games they don't own, they barely understand what I'm talking about.

That happened to me, too. One of my best friend's brother watches Sonic X, so she learned about him from that, and also from me. My other best friend learned about Sonic from getting Chronicles, and also from me.

I don't think Chronicles is that bad. It's not really a Sonic type of game, but that doesn't mean it's horrible. blush.png I can see the haters in the distance.

Yeah, it was. I guess it wasn't really that shameful since I didn't like it and it... kind of scarred me. Thanks a lot, Internet. Special thanks to Rule 34, 'no exception' indeed. dry.png

Indeed. I can relate.

• Thumbs Up 1

I enjoyed playing through Sonic 4 even more than Sonic Colors. Oh snap! But i think the main two reasons for this is that 1) when i played through S4 for the first time, i hand't played a new Sonic platform-game in some time, however when i played through Colors, i had recently finished S4 so getting to play through yet another new Sonic game didn't feel like that big of a deal that time, and 2) because S4 had me all hyped up due to being the "official" fourth installment in the classic series.

I do want to state though that in retrospective, i consider Colors a much better game.

I don't think Chronicles is that bad. It's not really a Sonic type of game, but that doesn't mean it's horrible. blush.png I can see the haters in the distance.

I personally liked Chronicles, too. Shade has actually become one of my favorite characters. blink.png

• Thumbs Up 1