Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

Ok, embarrass myself. Why not? :P

I think Live & Learn is a terrible Song

City Escape Classic remix is my favorite song from any Sonic game and I can't say I like the original that much. Not enough guitar. It sounds...empty.

All Hail Shadow Crush 40 version is probably my second favorite song

I did not think Big's SA levels were that bad (though I still will not play as him for fun)

I hate everything about Sonic 3. Level design is ugly, music is not good, Sprites don't look good, and levels are too long

I have never beaten any of the Genesis games on a Sega. The first time I beat them was on the Sonic Mega Collection + after abusing the save feature

Even though I hate everything about Sonic 3, I will play S3&K purely for Hyper Knuckles, starting at the beginning and seeing how far I can go.

I love Sonic Heroes

I have yet to beat Sonic CD, and to even play it I'm using an emulator

I never played S&K on a Genesis and was not aware it was meant to be played with 3 to be a complete game until I bought the Mega Collection.

I still want to buy 06 despite its reputation and play it for myself

Ok, embarrass myself. Why not? tongue.png

I think Live & Learn is a terrible Song

City Escape Classic remix is my favorite song from any Sonic game and I can't say I like the original that much. Not enough guitar. It sounds...empty.

All Hail Shadow Crush 40 version is probably my second favorite song

I did not think Big's SA levels were that bad (though I still will not play as him for fun)

I hate everything about Sonic 3. Level design is ugly, music is not good, Sprites don't look good, and levels are too long

I have never beaten any of the Genesis games on a Sega. The first time I beat them was on the Sonic Mega Collection + after abusing the save feature

Even though I hate everything about Sonic 3, I will play S3&K purely for Hyper Knuckles, starting at the beginning and seeing how far I can go.

I love Sonic Heroes

I have yet to beat Sonic CD, and to even play it I'm using an emulator

I never played S&K on a Genesis and was not aware it was meant to be played with 3 to be a complete game until I bought the Mega Collection.

I still want to buy 06 despite its reputation and play it for myself

Iv'e got another one... and trust me, this one is worse than all other secrets mentioned in this thread combined. Let me put it this way, what is the worst possible act a Sonic-fan can ever have commited? Most of you probably realize what im talking about from that question alone, but for the few who dont...

Well... you see, during the GCWotFG (which of course stands for Great Console War of the Fouth Generation, but you all know that), while i did start out on the Sega side... i eventually... switched over to the Nintendo side.

Please pray for my soul.

1324690418001.jpg

Pfft, I became a Sony fan in 1999 after being a SEGA fan for so long. I did the bigger dishonour of switching sides at a time when SEGA struggled to compete against Sony. :V

I did the bigger dishonour of switching sides at a time when SEGA struggled to compete against Sony. :V

You know, that's really true. Thank you for making my crime seem lesser by comparasion! :P

Time to revisit this topic. I wouldn't say most of these are shameful, but perhaps surprising nonetheless.

-I can't help but like many parts of Sonic 2006's story, no matter how justifiably unlikeable they are.

-Same with Chronicles.

-The only Sonic game (or video game, period) I have ever fully completed is Sonic Unleashed.

-Aside from aforementioned game, the only Sonic games I can actually make a day out of without getting bored of them for the time being are Adventure 2, S3&K, and Black Knight. Maybe Secret Rings too.

-For whatever reason, I defended Sonic 2006 as a whole after it first came out. 0_o

-I beat Sonic Colors and found all the red rings in two sittings. And then never played it again. ._.

-Speaking of which I also can't help but like some parts of Colors' story.

-I loooove Sonic X. <3

-When I was younger I used to pretend I was friends with Sonic and co. in my imagination.

-When I first got interested in Sonic, long before I ever considered things like cheesiness, I thought Sonic's little "super power of teamwork" speech was the coolest thing ever.

-I still kinda think it's the coolest thing ever.

-I had an unhealthy obsession with chao for a year or so at one point, and had over a hundred chao spread over several memory cards... which I bought for the purpose of more chao.

Pfft, I became a Sony fan in 1999 after being a SEGA fan for so long. I did the bigger dishonour of switching sides at a time when SEGA struggled to compete against Sony. :V

Eh, so did I. But to be fair, I was like 7, so basically it was my parents switching sides for me XD

I remember wanting a dreamcast, but got a PS1 instead

I will admit that I like the cheesy Sonic Live in Sydney skit from Sega World. It's cute.

-When I first saw an ad for Sonic Adventure DX back in 2003, I thought Knuckles was a girl because of the dreadlocks looking like regular hair.(It was a small image, and I was 4 back then.)In fact, I didn't know anyone but Sonic.

THIS. OMG, I forgot... When I was a kid, I didn't speak English so when I got Sonic & Knuckles, I always thought Knuckles was a girl, after all "she" was pink! So I would refer to Knuckles as "Sonic's girlfriend" because at the time, I was not aware of Amy Rose, being only 6 years old, SEGA CD was a dream that never came true due to the price.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I was little, I thought "Knuckles the Echidna" was pronounced "Knuckles the Enchilada." happy.png

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm more embarrassed of this rather than ashamed.

When I got my first Sonic Genesis games on the Mega Collection, I only played Sonic 1 and 2. Why? Because i was too protective of my sister. I didn't know if the other games were "safe".unsure.png

I don't even understand myself.laugh.png

How would they not have been "safe"?

Oh, secret: Though I like both games, I used to find Unleashed (at least its day levels) more fun than Colors.

Exactly my point. I did not know anything about those games (dude, I was 5), and was very protective of my sister.

As I said, I don't understand my younger self.

Exactly my point. I did not know anything about those games (dude, I was 5), and was very protective of my sister.

As I said, I don't understand my younger self.

Maybe you did the right thing; after all, I know too well how addictive Sonic 3 & Knuckles is.

• Thumbs Up 1

In case anyone's interested, the Adventure DX ad that I saw was in the July/August 2003 issue of Disney Adventures.

I... used to draw Sonic characters...

with necks

OH GOD I'M A MONSTER! ONLY DEATH CAN PURIFY MY SINS!

Sonic had a neck in the Sonic CD intro. The animator now works as a McDonald's cashier.

*opens a 40 foot list* Ehem.

Okay, I think my most shameful secret is that I once wrote a fanfiction as an idea for a Sonic Adventure 3 (yes, sadly I was one of those people back then), and at one point of the story I had Metal Sonic put a mind control device on G-Mel, causing him to become evil again and then he kills creams mom. Ugh, I always regretted writing that fic.

Oh and when I was a wee lad and when I was first introduced to the sonic franchise I thought knuckles was a girl at first because he had long hair. Perfect logic is it not? (sarcasm)

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

Many years ago when Sonic X was first on the telly I was the perfect age to be obsessed with things on a nut job level (but for it to still be ok, because I was a kid). I'm amazed of how obsessed I was at my tender age, especially because I had not yet been exposed to the internet, I am therefore proof that the fanboy crazies exist without encouragement, I would write awful fanfics, but unaware I would ever publish into the sea of horror that are many fan fiction communities.

Back to my initial little story then, I got a free Sonic X poster in a kids magazine and did what all normal children do of course, I started a shrine! I was kind of inspired by that one out of Hey Arnold! in Helga Pataki's closet. I think I nicked some of the Christmas candles out the cupboard for it, never did get to light them. I would make wishes to Sonic huh.png sat in front of the shrine, some along the lines of trying to persuade a non existent blue hedgehog that I would be a better friend than any other if he could be real. Anyway I decided no too long after building my shrine that it was stupid, got rid of the clutter, but kept the poster of course! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Rouge is hot, and I've abused myself to her image on more than one occasion.

Thing is, I'm no furry. So...I guess she's an exception.

Edited by HyperMetal
  • Thumbs Up 2

More shipping-related shameful things;

I just spent half an hour looking up the correct hormones to refer to for certain preferable shipping behaviours (eg Vasopressin is instrumental to courtship and mate pairing in male mammals, with the equivalent in non-mammal vertebrates being Vasotocin, androgen being important in physical attraction in both sexes etc). While every other shipper ever checks their thesaurus for the language of love, I'm checking the scientific dictionary. *head desk*

I recently stepped out my closet and admitted that I'm a rather....large supporter of Sonic and Blaze. The couple just makes to much sense in my eyes.

I also regret not buying that Sonic the hedgehog underwear I saw in Topshop a few months back. wub.png I just thought it would be awesome to buy them and use them like a badge of pride, but, y'know secret. My friend told me 'no', when I laughed about getting them. angry.png

My mp3 player (I don't have an Ishit, ok?) is full of Sonic music, and not only themes, but levels too (16-bits included). And I listen to it more than regular genres of musics. And Sonic Heroes is one of my fav Sonic games.

Edited by Jango

Oh, here's another; Sonic Generations fulfilled one of my most wanted desires in the game and I was so glad I could do it. What was that desire?

Destroy outdoor furniture in City Escape. I loved to do it so much in Apotos that I wanted to go back in time and do it in the park. TAKE THAT, TABLE!

• Thumbs Up 5

I mothered and disciplied my chao to become the best racers. I was acting it out and all. Was I ashamed...not really it was funny my bros and I had many laughs. Was I sad refelcting upon this...yes. My chao reminded me of myself constantly being pushed.

If you're still in my memory card chao I just wanted to say I love you! I'm sorry!

Yeah... This is my contribution to this topic.

• Thumbs Up 1