Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

talking about made-up games that never came into fruition, I remember making one with a really cheesy name (Something like 'Sonic Yippee' *wince*). Basically, it was going to have hundreds upon hundreds of levels, every single character ever made for the series would be playable, and to cap it all, every single previous sonic game at the time was going to be an unlockable as you progressed through the game. I did some shoddy box-art as well.

Not only that but I used to do sonic comic strips. They were actually a lot like the comic strips from those Sonic Yearbooks by Grandreams, but way more cheesy, and there was virtually no story structure to any of them. I used to think it would be funny by making Amy some sort of nag that constantly ordered Sonic around, and that Dr. Eggman would always go to McDonalds as some sort of recurring joke. I must have had a rather odd sense of humour. :D

Edited by OldFreddy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Using lines from the games in real life.

To this day, "I promise you... REVENGE!!! D:<" is still a in-joke between me and my brother.

• Thumbs Up 3

Admittedly, I did this also...

(Truth be told--every once in a while I catch myself doing it while running up stairs...)

Other shameful stories:

1. When I got my first cavity filled back in '92 or '93, my mom told me to think of something to keep my mind off of the drilling, etc. ...I pictured Sonic battling Robotnik.

2. I entered a Sonic-related Bubblicious contest when I was in middle school. The grand prize was a copy of a Sonic game (I forget which one) and Sonic the hedghog himself (ie: a guy in a Sonic costume) would show up and "party" with you and your classmates at school. I never expected to win anything--it was just for fun. A few months later though, I got a package and a letter stating I won third-prize, which was a few packages of the sour-apple Bubblicious gum. You'd think I'd be happy that I won something, but instead I was terrified how close I came to almost winning the grand prize. I was already unpopular as it was...I didn't need some guy in a Sonic costume coming to my middle school asking to party with me! sad.png

Oh my god I think I remember entering this contest too! Wasn't it the Sonic Shuffle one? I wouldn't have cared if it showed up in my school biggrin.png

....then again I was in fifth grade.

Edited by TheBlueWind

Hm, I don't think it was Shuffle (although they could have had a similar promotion, too). During the time the contest came out, I don't remember any high-profile Sonic games releasing (around the Saturn era), so it could have been Sonic R, Sonic Jam, a Sonic Game Gear game, or also likely an Archie Sonic comic promotion.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say being nearly 30 and still playing Sonic games is pretty shameful.

But they're so fun! Well... some of them...

I know I'm going to be hated for this but, I hate Sonic Adventure 2. Its just boring to me. I never find myself replaying the game. I beat it once and never really played it agian. The controls were loose, the characters were boring and the story only got intersting during the last story. I prefer Adventure 1, Heroes, and even 06 to Sonic Adventure 2. I will still purchase the game when it released on Xbox/PS3 to support the sales and my brother loves the game so I know he'll play the shit out of it.

i was just thinking of what i could add to this.

then i remembered i walked like sonic from SA2 with the whole exaggerated walk cycle with the feet flexing and leg extending, coupled with the arm swings and head bob.... in fact i decided to do it again last night on my way home from work for old times sake

it gave me a smile until some woman walked past me with her baby looking at me as if i were on drugs lmao

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 4

i was just thinking of what i could add to this.

then i remembered i walked like sonic from SA2 with the whole exaggerated walk cycle with the feet flexing and leg extending, coupled with the arm swings and head bob.... in fact i decided to do it again last night on my way home from work for old times sake

it gave me a smile until some woman walked past me with her baby looking at me as if i were on drugs lmao

You should have said "Oh, hello? You want me to put a show for you?" and start tap-dancing like your sig.

• Thumbs Up 2

I used to imagine Sonic running beside my car on long car rides because I was bored

Also sometimes I run like classic sonic

I used to think Sonic CD was a tech demo to show off the animation capabilities for the SEGA CD.

Until I thought it was a game, I thought it was a tech demo for a FULL YEAR!!! DX

I like the Sonic/Tails pairing too.

I mean, really, you have no idea how many times his flying ability saved my ass in Chaos Angel or how useful his volley throw is.

Edited by Jayhawker30
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, when I was a little kid, Sonic was my first fictional character crush.

No wonder I turned out to be a furfag.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Err, so yeah, I mentioned earlier that I ended up playing a Sonic Flash fangame called Sonic Epoch: The Fucking Game when I was (unfortunately) younger, which is a shameful secret in itself. If you haven't read it, let me jog your memory in the spoiler:

There is this one Sonic fangame I found online that to this day I regret ever playing...... dry.gif

You probably haven't heard of it.....Sonic Epoch: The F****** Game. And it's......it's......it's......(slow facepalm) just wrong on so many levels.

EDIT: Hmmm how do I sum this game up.....sleep.gif

Sonic the Hedgehog (1991 game) + Platformer Hell difficulty + posslble racist themes + SatAM cutscenes + Shadow the Hedgehog (game) + cutscenes possbly made by Sonic Passion members (worst part) = this fangame.

mellow.gif

I also think this game may have strongly contributed to my despisal of Amy Rose and the Sonamy pairing years ago as well.

@postabove Sonic Epoch Advance, isn't the game I'm talking about.

Anyway, I was at some website that had a bunch of online Sonic games (some official like the Shadow the Hedgehog minigame and Heroes puzzles, and others that apparently were around the web like quizzes and stuff).

*checks Favorites folder* Wow...I still have a link to the site......and the website is still up....and the game is still there. >_<

I was just browsing through the games when I came across the game. Apparently it looked a bit like a classic Sonic game. Not to mention that it said Sonic could use a shotgun. So I clicked on the link, and the game started up (now checking the description of the game, it has a seizure title screen or something like that).

The game doesn't really control like a Sonic game, I think. The enemies I'm pretty sure can kill you easily, and they were all clown faces. Some of them were even like REALLY huge, thus resulting into cheap deaths. The platforms were also kinda hard The zones are also have some wierd (and kinda racist name)....it was called Jewyrainsomethinglikethat Zone. And yeah, the game let Sonic use a shotgun to kill them....actually, I think that's the only way you CAN kill them.

But like I said earlier, the cutscenes and plot are the WORST thing of the game. Apparently Amy is kidnapped by the stupid clown faces I mentioned earlier in the game and Sonic of course has to go save her. There's one pointless cutscene of Robotnik's sidekick from SatAM turning his chair back and forth, and I can't rememer any other cutscenes. But the ones with Amy in them are the worst.

And then after you beat the boss, you're entitled to seeing Sonic's reward to saving Amy.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can post what's in the cutscenes here (in text) w/o getting in trouble.

Yeah...I played the game years ago. laugh.gif

And I'll just come out with the cutscenes as brief and as the least offensive as I can.

Amy does nothing but gives the player "a full moon" (IYKWIM) each time she appears...excluding the last scene, where the player gets to see Sonic apparently get laid by her (I'll admit, I covered my eyes during the entire time until it was over).

@Anti-Amy people Say what you want about her pantie shots, but I would rather sit through a bunch of them instead of going through that fangame again.

Yeah, I said it. Shots of Amy's panties >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sonic Epoch: The ******* Game.

Now I can add to that secret and admit that tonight I actually went back and played it.

And I was shocked to find out that the gameplay was apparently a hell of a lot worse than I remembered it. It got so bad I merely right clicked and used the "forward" button to skip every stage and watch the scenes. I actually perfer Sonic 4 Episode I's running speed/"momentum"/physics to this game, the controls and framerate are that bad.

First of all, Sonic controls like butter. He slides on the floor much more than he did in Heroes. Speaking of floors, the Flash fangame is poorly made, with bad collision detecting, so you have to land in a very secure spot on the platform or fall to your doom in a very close bottomless pit. This wouldn't be so bad enough if it wasn't for the FUCKING FRAMERATE. On the first level it's fine, but the levels afterwards GAHHHHHHHH! The framerate is so jumpy and cuts to the at-first-was-but-now-previously-current scene that it's impossible to finish the level in such settings, let alone move without being hit and KO'ed instantly by an enemy/hazard or fall into a bottomless pit. So I merely gave up and used the aforementioned forward feature.

Oh and this time, I didn't cover my eyes at the end scene. It of course wasn't exactly fun to watch, but it surprisingly wasn't as "explicit" as I expected it to be, I can safely say I've seen fanart that is worse. Same with the full moon Amy sprite, it wasn't as explicit as I remember it.

Edited by Zinos

1. I know Sonic 1&2 are great games, but I just never play them. The ONLY classic I play now is S3&K, and I play it all the time (it is my all time favorite video game). I just get bored playing the first two...

2. I don't look for alternate pathways by playing the classics themselves, I use maps to predetermine where I want to go, and I mark off pathways I've already taken.

In fact, I'm planning to do my first LP on Youtube ever, and it will be S3&K! I'm trying to find 2 or 3 different routes per act so I can do a Sonic, Tails, AND Knuckles playthrough of it, and still be showing new material each time.

Edited by Mr.Snarf

Also, when I was a little kid, Sonic was my first fictional character crush.

No wonder I turned out to be a furfag.

I'm not sure I would classify Sonic as a furry...

When I hear furry, I think of anthro with human proportions and massive muscles/boobs.

I used to think Sonic wasn't popular when I was a kid. Really. I used to think that only I knew about Sonic. Weird, I know. I somehow didn't get the hint with all the marketing.

When I hear furry, I think of anthro with human proportions and massive muscles/boobs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Umm.. I still haven't been able to beat the original genesis sonic the hedgehog without using level select :( I have been able to conplete all the other genesis games, even S&K. But sonic 1..... T_T

Umm.. I still haven't been able to beat the original genesis sonic the hedgehog without using level select

• Thumbs Up 1

I underestimated Sonic Colors. I thought it would suck. TOTALLY wrong! The game I was looking forward to, Sonic 4 Episode 1, was a complete let down. >:(

• Thumbs Up 1

I am obssessed with collecting rings in Sonic 3&K.

Because of the bonus stages and massive levels in S3&K, you can collect up to a maximum of 999 rings in most acts, depending on a lot of skill and a bit of luck. Unless I get at least 800 rings in virtually every act in that game, I feel disappointed even when I have done a perfectly good playthrough of a level.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Umm.. I still haven't been able to beat the original genesis sonic the hedgehog without using level select :( I have been able to conplete all the other genesis games, even S&K. But sonic 1..... T_T

There are only three games in the entire series where i've been able to collect all the Emeralds (S3&K, Heroes, and Generations 3DS).

As for actually beating Sonic 1, here is a great hint for Scrap Brain Act three (which looks just like Labyrinth Zone) :

Take the shortcut that lets you skip 80% of the level! That is the only way I was able to survive the he|| of that level. In the beginning of it, you are on a platform that goes down a hill. Immediately as you get on the platform (you don't start out on it, but you will seconds after you start), you need to run to the left and fall of the side of it. Zone:0 can help you from there.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are only three games in the entire series where i've been able to collect all the Emeralds (S3&K, Heroes, and Generations 3DS).

As for actually beating Sonic 1, here is a great hint for Scrap Brain Act three (which looks just like Labyrinth Zone) :

Take the shortcut that lets you skip 80% of the level! That is the only way I was able to survive the he|| of that level. In the beginning of it, you are on a platform that goes down a hill. Immediately as you get on the platform (you don't start out on it, but you will seconds after you start), you need to run to the left and fall of the side of it. Zone:0 can help you from there.

Thanks man!!! That will really help me out since scrap brain is hell for me!!! And oh yeah Sonic Rush and Sonic Generations are the only games that I managed to collected all the emeralds. And in the classics, sonic 2 only the first one and in blast I've managed to collect like 4 but the rest...........

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to enjoy Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic '06 and Sonic Unleashed to the point of fanboyism.

I then played S3K again...

Edited by Psychic Hedgehog