Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

Um... what does this even have to do with the topic anyway?

It's apparently shameful to like any fancharacters at all?

Several years ago, I actually liked the A Rose and a Thorn series of fanfics...

I curate all the Sonic-related wiki pages on TV Tropes...

I think I put some edits there... I know I did one in Colors' Fridge section and a Transformed edit.

My shameful secret? I think most Sonic fans secretly hate him and have nostalgia goggles for the Classics.

I think the sudden overblown hate for Generations is silly, and I reckon most of it is because of popular members saying it wasn't perfect and others running with it, kind of doing it because everyone else is doing it, and just because it's "not classic or Unleashed", because Unleashed gets way too much love on this forum.

Also that most of the members here seem to hate everything and I suspect they will NEVER be happy with a Sonic game ever again because they have overly precise opinions on what makes a good game, which is pointless btw, only makes you angry when it doesn't fit your overly specific criteria.

I guess the secret here is I'm not as tolerant as I pretend to be biggrin.png bitch bitch moan whine ._.

There's outright hate now? Gees, talk about mood swings.

I remember that when it came out, I was actually one of the most negative people on it, but even I didn't outright hate it (to wit; my stance was, and still is, that it was a very solid game, but the interaction was lacking and there was barely any meat to it outside the bones that were the levels). Have people grown tired of the lack of meat? Are they still sore about the DLC? Is this a self-made backlash against the original hype?

Related secret: I feel like I am seriously one of the few Sonic fans whose opinion stays pretty much constant from first play to retrospect. It's weird.

I think it's a little bit of everything tbh. It's just come out of the woodwork recently because people have been more willing to express that as others have before them.

I now have a newfound appreciation for how SA2 fans felt when that topic about SA2 being a shitheap was made recently, though.

Edited by Semi-colon e

why are you all bitching in a "shameful Sonic Related Secrets" thread? this isn't the "Sonic Pet Peeves" thread.

• Thumbs Up 6

I had a period in my teenage years where my mind tended to be so obsessed with Sonic that i could in one way or another relate almost anything with the Sonic universe. I had thoughts like "i wonder how this Sonic character would react if he was in my situation" all the time. And it could even be in regards to serious things like my pet dying. In fact, it was when my pet rat died and i about 10 minutes after finding him dead thought "how would that Sonic character (i dont remember which character it was anymore) react if someone he loved died?" that i realized just how fucked up my Sonic obsession had gotten.

I dont have that kind of obsession with the franchise anymore though, and im quite thankfull for that.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the sudden overblown hate for Generations is silly, and I reckon most of it is because of popular members saying it wasn't perfect and others running with it, kind of doing it because everyone else is doing it, and just because it's "not classic or Unleashed", because Unleashed gets way too much love on this forum.

Also that most of the members here seem to hate everything and I suspect they will NEVER be happy with a Sonic game ever again because they have overly precise opinions on what makes a good game, which is pointless btw, only makes you angry when it doesn't fit your overly specific criteria.

I guess the secret here is I'm not as tolerant as I pretend to be biggrin.png bitch bitch moan whine ._.

I actually hate Unleashed lol. And I love Generations! No one will change my mind :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll have to agree. I like Unleashed, but I'm more a Colours/Generations (hell, Rush Adventure too if we're counting handhelds after 2006) person. I still remember back when Unleashed was the one considered "childish" and "lacking" compared to the Adventures. Then suddenly it's considered the right balance when Colours came out. Go figure.

Relating to that, while I understand why it's well regarded, I don't have as much interest in Black Knight's story as much as most, even if I did like Merlina and King Arthur. It just didn't... captivate me all that much I suppose, and I didn't care much for the Knights and Caliburn.

I had a period in my teenage years where my mind tended to be so obsessed with Sonic that i could in one way or another relate almost anything with the Sonic universe. I had thoughts like "i wonder how this Sonic character would react if he was in my situation" all the time. And it could even be in regards to serious things like my pet dying. In fact, it was when my pet rat died and i about 10 minutes after finding him dead thought "how would that Sonic character (i dont remember which character it was anymore) react if someone he loved died?" that i realized just how fucked up my Sonic obsession had gotten.

I dont have that kind of obsession with the franchise anymore though, and im quite thankfull for that.

I also do that. I even do it today. I try to relate everything to Sonic, which leads to such questions as "What if Chaos met Lord Raptor?"

P.S.: I also have a greater protective instinct towards Blaze than towards any real person.

I also do that. I even do it today. I try to relate everything to Sonic, which leads to such questions as "What if Chaos met Lord Raptor?"

P.S.: I also have a greater protective instinct towards Blaze than towards any real person.

Yeah, I think we all noticed...

Several years ago, I actually liked the A Rose and a Thorn series of fanfics...

Should I even check Google on this series?

• 4 weeks later...

I wrote a draft for a reboot of the franchise once. I admit it sucks.

I wonder if you dont´t write all of your fanfics with a huge trollface in.

only possible explanation.

Should I even check Google on this series?

Not really. Just know that at one point in the "series," Sonic rapes Amy.

Not really. Just know that at one point in the "series," Sonic rapes Amy.

Pfft, these fanfics and their inability to get even the most basic facts from the canon right. Because i think we can safely say that in the actuall canon we are eventually going to witness the exact opposite of that situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pfft, these fanfics and their inability to get even the most basic facts from the canon right. Because i think we can safely say that in the actuall canon we are eventually going to witness the exact opposite of that situation.

No, we're not. Amy isn't that bad.

My first thought upon seeing the Sonic Colors trailer was that the franchise was finally dead. Turned out to be quite the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a group of fan characters that were pretty unoriginal. Since then, I've created a new one who is a squirrel. I'm not into the whole story writing for my character(s), I just liked making two more and giving them traits just to have a character design of my own.

I think he's pretty original, but that's just my opinion.

p__quix_the_squirrel_colored__by_sonicfan564-d56zwyn.jpg

My first thought upon seeing the Sonic Colors trailer was that the franchise was finally dead. Turned out to be quite the opposite.

Why was that?

Black Knight is one of my favorite Sonic games. For me it was just so nostalgic. Crush 40 composing the music again was amazing, and when Shadow's theme started playing my heart skipped a beat.

I am so obsessed with Sonic I was once chased out of the STCO chatroom as a result of it. I've learned to moderate myself and try to diversify conversation to avoid such a thing again. Learning experiences!

While I primarily focus my artwork on Sonic Shift in most public places, a quick internet search reveals I draw a variety of surreal fanart. Hey, if I can find a niche full of commissions, why not? :c

As an example, I have drawn many a Sonic character in a more muscular body. Yep. Said it. It is out of the bag. :V Hey, Penders did it too! ...granted he's not exactly good company to compare myself to... XD

Why was that?

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice Hedgehog

Speaking of unoriginal fan characters, my username comes from an echidna that I created for a fanfic that I never wrote because I couldn't piece together enough shitty ideas to make a shitty story without any gigantic holes in the plot*.

*No, I'm not Ken Penders. Put the goddamn pitchforks and torches away.

Edited by Blackthorne

I don't know if these are really secrets or even things to be ashamed of, but I'll post.

-I write Sonic fan fiction. Erotic fan fiction. I've gotten reviews from folks telling me that my writing style doesn't make it sound dirty, so yeah. I've been on and off with it in the past years, writing one shots to warm up while I continued typing a chapter of my best fic, Secret Affair.

-the fact that I updated said fic after four years of on and off hiatus and am currently typing up the 22nd chapter as I type this.

-I help run the Sonic Club on deviantART and monitor submissions, contests, and updates

-I want to dress up my future children as Sonic, Shadow, Amy, or Silver for Halloween until they tell me to stop

-I want to do pencils for the Archie Sonic comic one day.

-I have a complex for the hedgehogs (Sonic, Amy, Shadow, and Silver) out of all the characters

-I have a bit of a cartoon crush on Shadow the Hedgehog :P

-I have made or am still making Sonic fan characters to this day, and wish to make a comic about them.

-I enjoy Sonadow artwork and have no shame about it

-I've tried chili dogs for the sole reason that Sonic seems addicted to them in most early media