Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

Forgive me if I've already said this in this topic, but in case I haven't, here's another shameful secret of mine (the "secret" part might not fit here).

I really don't like His World. Really. Sick of hearing it. I've always been one who thinks a lot of the lyric themes can be very overrated at times and end up overshadowing the rest of their entire respective soundtracks, but even then I still tend to like most of them. His World? I don't care for it at all, and when it comes to songs that fit Sonic's character, I like It Doesn't Matter and Endless Possibilities more. Every time I hear praise for 06's soundtrack, it's always about that one song and/or Solaris Phase 2, doubly annoying if you're like me and prefer Solaris Phase 1 instead.

But the real reason is - petty and childish as it is - because of how many fucking times it's used on Sonic tribute videos on YouTube. I didn't think you could overuse anything more than Live & Learn, but there you go. About 80% of the time I find a Sonic video, it starts up with that one tune and some kind of "badass" action (like an explosion or super form cutscene), and every time - without fail - I say out loud "Oh, fuck off."

And this is coming from someone who doesn't mind things like Green Hill's repeated appearances, so you know this really gets on my nerves. There's plenty of ditties about Sonic or otherwise out there. Use another one for once.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow Crusher, with how petty and childish you tend to be, it makes me wonder if you really ARE Eggman.

...I don't know how to respond to that.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I will confess I play Sonic 2006 a lot, even though I hate it. I think I hate it so much it loops right back round to fascination with this trainwreck. You'd think I'd have learnt to leave it alone, but it's too odd to pass up.

Oh. Right. Well that's alright then.

*lowers gun*

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I will confess I play Sonic 2006 a lot, even though I hate it. I think I hate it so much it loops right back round to fascination with this trainwreck. You'd think I'd have learnt to leave it alone, but it's too odd to pass up.

So bad it's good?

I admit that seeing how much you can break the game and test out it's many bugs is weirdly......fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

My thoughts would be the theme song. Which will I like it, one has to admit it's rather... peppy. Which is frowned upon in macho culture, which is the dominant culture in a lot of places.

Yes cause Sonic is a macho series afterall. We can't have peppy happy theme songs and whatnot.

I wank to Sonic Doujin Hentai

Seriously though, It's not a Shameful Secret but......

I like the whole SonXsal thing.

I also love to read the Archie Sonic comic series.

Sonic and Elise was not beasiality!

if you're like me and prefer Solaris Phase 1 instead.

God yes.

I used to love His World. But like you, Doc, I've traveled the internet and seen many things; many of them backed by one version or another of His World, and I've grown tired of kicking ass fast and...uh...another line from that song that would be witty here.

Honestly? I don't like any of 06's music besides Solaris Phase 1 and a few other tunes. Everyone always says the music was great. To them I say "Fuck you, sir or ma'am."

I've never actually fully completed Sonic 1 or 2. Sonic 1 because by the time I've completed Marble Zone I get bored, and Sonic 2 because fucking Metropolis and it's shit design just destroys my life counter before I can get to Death Egg. I've gotten to Death Egg about 3 times, each time I had no lives.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really ashamed of these but meh.

I'm a Sonamy supporter and have been for about 10 years now. I also support Knuckles x Rouge.

I could never get Super Sonic in any of his Mega Drive appearances.

I tap my feet when impatient and have done since I was 6.

I prefer Sonic 2 to S3&K (though that is still a fantastic game).

I hate playing Sonic CD, but love the music and cutscenes.

I always play Sonic games with the Japanese voices where possible, as I don't think any English cast does the job as well.

I'm tempted to name any son I may have "Miles", either as a first or middle name.

I may have a slight crush on Sonic. unsure.png

I got a picture of Amy published in Sonic The Comic once! The downside is that they used an older pic I'd sent them, which looks like arse.

STCdrawing.jpg

They never did send me those stampers... rolleyes.gif

Oh, and...

I think Endless Possibilities is overrated

A few so-called secrets from me:

-I have nine different ringtones that are Sonic related on my Android phone, and I still wish to add more.

-I buy Sonic shirts that are clearly for men as the ones for women are either lacking and/or ugly

-would definitely consider naming any daughter I have Amy Rose

-the drowning jingle is nightmare fuel, and I freak the fuck out whenever I hear it

• Thumbs Up 1

Why was that?

The image of seeing Sonic running with goofy looking aliens after a long stream of stupid gimmicks in the past just sort of gave me that impression.

-I have nine different ringtones that are Sonic related on my Android phone, and I still wish to add more.

-I buy Sonic shirts that are clearly for men as the ones for women are either lacking and/or ugly

-would definitely consider naming any daughter I have Amy Rose

-the drowning jingle is nightmare fuel, and I freak the fuck out whenever I hear it

These also. laugh.png /sisfist

Only difference is that I have a Windows phone... I personally use Chemical Plant, but I might change it today.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shameful secret huh? Do guilty pleasure's come under the same banner really?

For all of Sonic X's enormous shortcomings, I confess that I really enjoyed the SonAmy sprinkled in it to the point It is...a guilty pleasure of mine iqk12v.gif

I'm pretty mild in my great liking for it though. You won't see me demanding for SonAmy to be in games because romance is not what the games are about and I certainly wouldn't want excessive ship tease and romantic overtones cloying both characters especially Sonic. X's blatant SonAmy scenes are what made me like the pairing in the first place because I only grow to like things if they actually exist. I despise couple-assigning and crack pairings.

• Thumbs Up 3

Shameful secret huh? Do guilty pleasure's come under the same banner really?

For all of Sonic X's enormous shortcomings, I confess that I really enjoyed the SonAmy sprinkled in it to the point It is...a guilty pleasure of mine iqk12v.gif

I'm pretty mild in my great liking for it though. You won't see me demanding for SonAmy to be in games because romance is not what the games are about and I certainly wouldn't want excessive ship tease and romantic overtones cloying both characters especially Sonic. X's blatant SonAmy scenes are what made me like the pairing in the first place because I only grow to like things if they actually exist. I despise couple-assigning and crack pairings.

Bah, where was I when this topic was active? XD I actually went back and faved your post since it was dead on. If nothing, I merely loved Sonic X for the interaction between those two.

Which brings me to a few more secrets:

-I love Amy Rose, but I for the love of me cannot actively stand her character song, My Sweet Passion. It's cute, but it's a little too cute. And some parts sound kinky. "It was so cute, I had to shave it?" Wha?!

-Still love to point out to folks that Amy's early Sonic Adventure bio listed her as "the sweetest girl a guy like Sonic could ever hope to meet". It just sounds funny, like Sonic is some sort of juvenile delinquent who could only land troublesome girls.

-Improvise lyrics to some of my favorite Sonic stage music that are lacking in vocals. Windy Hill. Aquatic Ruin. At Dawn - those all could totally be something of the Sonic fan's version of Okkusenman if someone were to try...

-Sometimes ponder who parallels what character in Dragonball Z. I know that Sonic, Shadow, and Silver are Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks respectively, but what of the other characters? Is Tails parallel to Krillen? Knuckles to Yamcha or Tienshinhan? And who...would be Bulma? o_O

-was going to name one of my rabbits Cream, but that didn't work out, especially as she seems to understand her name is Nina better. Plus it was more to have the pun Cookies and Cream since the first rabbit is named Cookie.

• Thumbs Up 1

^*hastily throws up all over my laptop*^

Oh, and one time I wrote a shitty fanfic that started off all silly and lighthearted but got weird eventually...

Eggman is making a stage show about himself and how great he is, in order to turn everyone against Sonic and on his side by lying out of his ass. Tails is kidnapped by Metal Sonic and Eggman uses some sort of mind-control device to turn him into an insane Eggman supporter, as with several randoms and Rouge the Bat. Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow all team up and crash Eggman's show, Knuckles fights Metal and Shadow goes after Rouge and the randoms, while Sonic, who has seen the state Tails is in, is chasing after Eggman after losing his cool for the first time, like, ever. He grabs Eggman, but the Doctor hits him upside the head with a wrench and Sonic collapses. Eggman throws Tails a gun and (

dry.png yeah...) orders him to shoot Sonic. Tails breaks free from his mind-control and shoots Eggman in the heart instead, killing him. The rest of it was supposed to be about Sonic's reaction to Eggman being dead and his disappointment with Tails, and how Tails would transform into Eggman at random times as a side-effect of the mind-control (good god...), and then there would be a final showdown between Sonic and Tails where Sonic would manage to destroy the mind-control chip and destroy Eggman forever. Then they'd all live happily ever after. But I stopped because of how much I wasn't happy with it or myself... *sigh*

Oh, and one time I wrote a shitty fanfic that started off all silly and lighthearted but got weird eventually...

Eggman is making a stage show about himself and how great he is, in order to turn everyone against Sonic and on his side by lying out of his ass. Tails is kidnapped by Metal Sonic and Eggman uses some sort of mind-control device to turn him into an insane Eggman supporter, as with several randoms and Rouge the Bat. Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow all team up and crash Eggman's show, Knuckles fights Metal and Shadow goes after Rouge and the randoms, while Sonic, who has seen the state Tails is in, is chasing after Eggman after losing his cool for the first time, like, ever. He grabs Eggman, but the Doctor hits him upside the head with a wrench and Sonic collapses. Eggman throws Tails a gun and (

dry.png yeah...) orders him to shoot Sonic. Tails breaks free from his mind-control and shoots Eggman in the heart instead, killing him. The rest of it was supposed to be about Sonic's reaction to Eggman being dead and his disappointment with Tails, and how Tails would transform into Eggman at random times as a side-effect of the mind-control (good god...), and then there would be a final showdown between Sonic and Tails where Sonic would manage to destroy the mind-control chip and destroy Eggman forever. Then they'd all live happily ever after. But I stopped because of how much I wasn't happy with it or myself... *sigh*

So basically Return of the Joker, only with more boosting to win.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of the obvious one - I too have my own little fanfiction ideas. However, they're usually the traditional save the world/universe/whatever from Robotnik stuff, not "Sonic as GRRRRIIIIMDAAAARK" or "Sonic and Co. in high school" or "How many fetishes can we fit in this?" or "RANDOM!!!111" and all that other kind of stuff you usually see. They're mostly things that I imagine would feel similar enough to the games, and more about unique Robotnik schemes and exploring new areas of Sonic's world since I've always liked zone ideas. And while I don't do it often, in the rare instraces that I decide to go the dreaded (and often crack) shipping route (see page 16 here for more about that), I prefer something cute rather than... whatever constitutes as "sexy" or "mature" these days. I'm soft, what can I say.

But more to the point, one particular (and crap) fanfiction I had back in around 2005-2007 was a basic "Sonic and everyone else got caught by Robotnik with his brand new Robot Masters MacGuffin Machines, now Tails is the only one who can save the day, with many heartwarming revelations ahoy", complete with a Tails android copycat as Robotnik's new right-hand man. I suppose it wasn't the very worst, and even as far back as then I tried my best to make things stand out (the evil Tails, for example, WASN'T a "Metal Tails" or "Dark Tails", had a fairly distinctive appearance, and he was completely loyal to Robotnik), but... yeah, it speaks for itself, doesn't it.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

So basically Return of the Joker, only with more boosting to win.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of the obvious one - I too have my own little fanfiction ideas. However, they're usually the traditional save the world/universe/whatever from Robotnik stuff, not "Sonic as GRRRRIIIIMDAAAARK" or "Sonic and Co. in high school" or "How many fetishes can we fit in this?" or "RANDOM!!!111" and all that other kind of stuff you usually see. They're mostly things that I imagine would feel similar enough to the games, and more about unique Robotnik schemes and exploring new areas of Sonic's world since I've always liked zone ideas. And while I don't do it often, in the rare instraces that I decide to go the dreaded (and often crack) shipping route (see page 16 here for more about that), I prefer something cute rather than... whatever constitutes as "sexy" or "mature" these days. I'm soft, what can I say.

But more to the point, one particular (and crap) fanfiction I had back in around 2005-2007 was a basic "Sonic and everyone else got caught by Robotnik with his brand new Robot Masters MacGuffin Machines, now Tails is the only one who can save the day, with many heartwarming revelations ahoy", complete with a Tails android copycat as Robotnik's new right-hand man. I suppose it wasn't the very worst, and even as far back as then I tried my best to make things stand out (the evil Tails, for example, WASN'T a "Metal Tails" or "Dark Tails", had a fairly distinctive appearance, and he was completely loyal to Robotnik), but... yeah, it speaks for itself, doesn't it.

Doc Crusher, I'm beginning to think that you've never done anything embarrassing ever.