Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

I ALWAYS do that.

...Though recently, Sonic's been replaced by my own character.

Holy crap. This is exactly what happened with me.

dry.gif

>_>

sleep.gif

I don't really consider this a secret (let alone a shameful one), but I still haven't beaten the Sonic 4 final boss without getting hit. ._.

Without getting hit? I still haven't been able to beat it. How sad is that?

I've never played Sonic Unleashed :/ The Wearhog sections put me off ever playing it.

Which version? HD? Because you should form your own opinions on it rather than be swayed by the opinions of others and having a negative view on the Werehog without having played him is a thoroughly uninformed viewpoint to have. A lot of bullshittery is propagated around about the Werehog gameplay anyway and even if you don't like the Werehog, it's hard to deny that the rest of the game is at least competent and that it's world is lovingly-developed.

Unwiished?...Yeah, Werehog is pretty crappy in that version :S

I've not played any version at all. I just remember seeing the cut scene where he transformed into the Wearhog, and I was like "OMG NO! What are they doing to Sonic ohmy.png". I think that just stuck with me and I forgot about it sadly :/

I agree that the first impression can be a bit jarring regarding the Werehog. I remember thinking to myself "OMG What have Sonic Team done to him this time?" the very first time Werehog was revealed in early 2008 but the transformation is never really played for seriousness, Sonic still has pretty much the same personality despite having very minor feral tendencies and the tendency to rip Gaia's spawn limb-from-limb and the form is very interesting.

I have the PS2 version of Unleashed. And I don't like it.

Also, I actually like Wonderman by Right Said Fred.

I think I'll get round to it at some point. It's the only game I've never tried. I think the entire Sonic '06 thing plays a part in me not playing Unleashed too. The fact they put Classic Sonic in Generations pretty much single-handedly brought me back to Sonic again, and restored my faith in the franchise again. And I actually liked the Modern stages! I surprised myself lol!

Pretty much the same with me - although I only recently got it, Generations got me interested in the franchise again (sure I read STCO regularly but... it's not that regular... sorry, guys! biggrin.png). I'd like to play Unleashed, and Colours somehow, seeing as for me Modern Sonic's gameplay in Generations is actually more enjoyable than Classic's! Classic Sonic's levels, although they look and sound nice just make me want to dig out my Mega Drive...

Edited by Mash-It Mambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

* This one is the most embarrassing. I used to draw Sonic and his friend and cut them out and played with them. That's right I made Sonic paper dolls and played with them, come at me.

I never did that for Sonic, but I totally did for Crash Bandicoot and co. back in 1999. It was bloody fun.

I did something similar... but with Mario, back when the Super Mario Bros. Super Show was being aired... Even made multiple Koopa Troopas to play with my sister.

I spent my whole teenage years with a big-ass crush on Sonic. It was so bad, I wanted to marry him and I would wish every night, he would enter my room and surprise me lol I still kinda like him >.>

Edited by MizukiMoon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm madly in love with Sonic (I'm a guy) but I'm not ashamed of it. Everyday and every night I think about Sonic, and I talk to him, as if he can hear me. I fantasize about him 24/7 and CONSTANTLY try to put into words how I feel about him (still unsuccessful). But I'm not like all the fangirls and fan...boys? when they say they're in love with Sonic. That's infatuation. If you say you have a "feeling of love" then its not love. Love is when you not only love someone for who they are, not just what they do or how they look, it's also respecting their values and beliefs, being willing to sacrifice for them, and doing what's best for them. Basically, this is all part of ethical maturity. So, I will admit that I am in love with Sonic, and there is a bit of obsessiveness, but that's just my personality, and I'm proud of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this is the best OFFICIAL promotional video Sega has ever approved of:

Ohhh Japan~

Reason why is the other official promotional videos Sega has produced when Modern Sonic was still 'New Sonic' and beyond to Classic Sonic have been incredibly cheesy and facepalm worthy, but this one makes you cringe and giggle but laugh at the fact that it has Shadow in it and this song is official for the game.

It's awesomely hilarious and I am ashamed at finding joy in it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

When I was younger I had a crush on Amy Rose, I shipped SonicxRouge, I made a brown spiky Sonic recolor named Spike the Porcupine, and I thought Shadow the Hedgehog was the coolest character in the series.

I'm especially ashamed of the last two...

When I was younger I had a crush on Amy Rose, I shipped SonicxRouge, I made a brown spiky Sonic recolor named Spike the Porcupine, and I thought Shadow the Hedgehog was the coolest character in the series.

I'm especially ashamed of the last two...

okay i can see te others but why are you ashamed of thinking shadow was " the coolest character in the series."?

Edited by mizfanshadamy

I used to go around basically claiming Jason Griffith was the Devil. I hate, hate, hated the 4Kids cast but his ruining of Shadow for me probably helped with my crusade against him.

Kirk Thornton still gets a big "Nope" from me to this day though.

I spent my whole teenage years with a big-ass crush on Sonic. It was so bad, I wanted to marry him and I would wish every night, he would enter my room and surprise me lol I still kinda like him >.>

You weren't the only one. Now if you excuse me I must hide.

What can I say? A guy who's never down and is so determined and selfless is attractive to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I S-Ranked Eggmanland in Sonic Unleashed on my first run by pure luck. Took me a good hour to beat it. Yet I am so afraid of that damned level, that even to this day, I will not complete SU to 100%

I 100%-ed 06. Was surprisingly not that bad outside of medal collecting. Now Unleashed on the other hand. I love the game, but 100%-ing it is a puzzle that I'm STILL trying to solve, and same goes for SA2. I used to like ShTH and 06 a lot, the latter being the reason I bought an Xbox 360 in 2011. I find the werehog gameplay to be pretty fun, I've started using several of the combos now. And as for things I do that are Sonic related...nothing really, unless you count tapping your foot every now and then.

I remember loathing Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) because it tried to pass itself as being dark, when in reality it wasn't.

Ironically later after playing the game, I was laughing at it, because it tried to pass itself as being dark, when in reality it wasn't.

Damn, with the avatar I have, I probably shouldn't even be speaking.

• Thumbs Up 1

I S-Ranked Eggmanland in Sonic Unleashed on my first run by pure luck. Took me a good hour to beat it. Yet I am so afraid of that damned level, that even to this day, I will not complete SU to 100%

I think everyone in the fandom has come to the conclusion that Eggmanland is basically meant to be Hell, and the difficulty curve is evidence enough of it. Now just about every fan dreads it; I suppose they wanted to really, really outdo Carnival Night.

Congrats on getting that S Rank... quite a challenge given that it throws one "screw you!" after another at you. Fortunately they've got the extra life at each checkpoint as consolation...

===

As for any other secrets. Hmm.

There was a point where I didn't care of Sonic himself and liked Shadow. Looking back on it I find that kind of shameful.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

As for any other secrets. Hmm.

There was a point where I didn't care of Sonic himself and liked Shadow. Looking back on it I find that kind of shameful.

And who could blame you? Now looking back on it, back in '05, it's as if SEGA wanted for people to think just that.

And who could blame you? Now looking back on it, back in '05, it's as if SEGA wanted for people to think just that.

Ha, reminds me of how there was that rumor Shadow was going to replace Sonic as the mascot, complete with all those images of red/white/black Sega logos...

Oh, let me chalk that up as another shameful secret: at the time I was wishing for that to be true. I was coocoo back in the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ha, reminds me of how there was that rumor Shadow was going to replace Sonic as the mascot, complete with all those images of red/white/black Sega logos...

Oh, let me chalk that up as another shameful secret: at the time I was wishing for that to be true. I was coocoo back in the day.

Lol, I recall that. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was Tips & Tricks (or a similar magazine) that published an bullshit article like that. All I remember is someone/thing mentioned it.

I haven't completed a SINGLE main series Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 (Except Colours and Shadow). Either I (as a kid) struggled with the conditions to unlock Super Sonic and never got back round to it (Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleashed), found the level before too hard to be worth spending my time on (Sonic 06) or found the actual final stage too difficult (Sonic Generations, why I struggle with that but not beating Mega Man 2 without a single hit, I'll never know). So I just watch the final scenes on YouTube.

I recall those silly rumors about Shadow replacing Sonic as Sega's mascot as well.  I should have known better than to believe them, but I was actually quite worried that they would be true.  I didn't, and still don't, even hate Shadow; I just didn't want to see Sonic become as so degraded.