Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

I created this abomination.

Mind you, I'm not even a fan of Gangam Style (the song, dance moves, and everything associated with it.) I only made this because somebody here wanted me to do it. It's saddening how people don't find out how MMD works and criticise the poor animation (called Motion Data, which works perfectly on human-size models). I did NOT animate it. The actual animator simply shares his/her Motion Data for anybody to download and load on another model. I merely arranged everything (stage, position of models), loaded the Motion Data on these models, and animated the camera. The camera was the only thing I put much effort into.

Ugh. Those comments I get in my inbox everyday @_@ and stolen videos....

People and their fads...It's making me wanna take this video down, but something's telling me to let it be.

It's a disgrace to the Sonic community and animation. And that, is a really shameful Sonic related secret...uh...maybe not so secret thing.

Edited by JemiDove
  • Thumbs Up 4

I kind of want a Sonic Adventure 3

I don't even know why I just kinda want to see it finally happen I guess

Let us relish shame together!

I was one of the people chanting "S-A-3!" at Sonic Boom 2012 with a fair chunk of the crowd. Apparently Iizuka was very surprised at how warmly received the idea was.

It really does illustrate the importance of a name; while 06 has all the features one might expect of an Adventure-era game, I guess none of us want to concede its spiritual successor status.

I think 06 is more fun than Shadow the Hedgehog. I also think it has a better story as well even though that isn't saying much.(And the Music is better)(And the graphics look much better) Also no "Damn not here"

At times I really do have to weigh which game I hate more. 06 for its numerous issues or Shadow for its enormous fail at creating a mature, dark storyline. They abused that T-rating to hell with the swearing yet couldn't use actual blood.

...and oh dear god calling the invaders "terrorists" really pissed me off. I couldn't help but wonder if I was watching some far right political ad and not a game about talking furries.

It's a disgrace to the Sonic community and animation. And that, is a really shameful Sonic related secret...uh...maybe not so secret thing.

Be happy. That video is how I discovered Gangnam Style.

somebody here 

Hey Jemi. Long time no se-*shot*

Hm...

I... well, I... kinda can't beat Doomsday Zone... or collect any emerald in Sonic 2 past the second one... or finish Sonic 2 or Sonic 1...

;-;

Mind you, I'm not even a fan of Gangam Style (the song, dance moves, and everything associated with it.) I only made this because somebody here wanted me to do it. It's saddening how people don't find out how MMD works and criticise the poor animation (called Motion Data, which works perfectly on human-size models). I did NOT animate it. The actual animator simply shares his/her Motion Data for anybody to download and load on another model. I merely arranged everything (stage, position of models), loaded the Motion Data on these models, and animated the camera. The camera was the only thing I put much effort into.

People and their fads...It's making me wanna take this video down, but something's telling me to let it be.

Well I liked it. I found it funny, I even used a segment shown in the thumbnail as a animated gif for my signature.

Speaking of 06, I got a D-Rank on the Find the Captain mission.

I can imagine you just standing right in front of the captain, with Sonic's dead eyes blankly staring at the the captain while the captain is slowly losing his mind from watching you do nothng except creeping him out XD.

Edited by 743 ED Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

At times I really do have to weigh which game I hate more. 06 for its numerous issues or Shadow for its enormous fail at creating a mature, dark storyline. They abused that T-rating to hell with the swearing yet couldn't use actual blood.

...and oh dear god calling the invaders "terrorists" really pissed me off. I couldn't help but wonder if I was watching some far right political ad and not a game about talking furries.

Don't forget about how the story can throw away all of the previously established info, settings, build up, and ideas depending on the pathway you take.

By the beginning of the neutral pathway you are introduced to the GUN commander and Black Doom but by the end of it Shadow is pondering whether or not he is a robot.

By the end of the Pure Dark pathway, Black Doom never conceals any info to Shadow about his past at all.(unless you went to the flashback stage)

The Semi Dark good ending has Eggman as the Final Boss in the Black Comet without any explanation to why he is there or how he got there on his shitty robot without any backup. It just screams laziness.

Because the "True Ending" (which is very fucking stupid by the way) takes place on the Black Comet, 6/10 endings are automatically thrown out the window.

Edited by Dom

It's a shame too, as the idea of an open ended story is a pretty cool one. It could have been done much, much better.

When in doubt, some sort of morality system that runs in the background, giving one a certain ending (possibly influenced by last-stage choices). Not as dynamic as the shifting stages one, but a lot more easily implemented. Shadow has several hundred different paths, and they all trip over each other because of it.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

What if I told you I actually enjoyed this and I'm not lying? At least someone was considerate enough to make a Sonic Gangnam Style, something I really wanted to see.

Don't feel too bad about it. It inspired me to do a shitty gif.

RougeandShadowGangnamStyle1_zps47ac6ba3.

Now we can both share the shame.

Edited by Scarz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Blaze is my waifu.

Sounds pretty normal compared to other things you might hear on the internet, however I really really really love Blaze. So much I am going to get a Blaze dakimakura one day. If one doesn't exist I'm sure I can get one custom made for me. 

I can imagine you just standing right in front of the captain, with Sonic's dead eyes blankly staring at the the captain while the captain is slowly losing his mind from watching you do nothng except creeping him out XD.

Try "talking to everybody but the captain until process of elimination catches up with me."

The classics. I've only ever been able to beat them with savestates on the 360 version, since I lose lives really easily in some levels and in the case of 1 and 2, I'd have to start all over again. In other words, I really suck at the classic Sonic games. :U

• Thumbs Up 3

The classics. I've only ever been able to beat them with savestates on the 360 version, since I lose lives really easily in some levels and in the case of 1 and 2, I'd have to start all over again. In other words, I really suck at the classic Sonic games. :U

It's alright, I cheat a little when I play Sonic 2. I can never play the game without Tails so I always keep him around. And people know how he is in the special stages sooooo..... I save whenever I pass a checkpoint. Never beaten a Special Stage past Stage 4 legitimately.

Yeah, I've only gotten all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2 once, Sonic 3 I did earlier this year and a few times in the past, Sonic 1 and S&K, however, I've never gotten them legitimately.  I can literally not keep 50 rings or more at a time in Sonic 1.  It is next to impossible for me.  I can traverse the whole stage while carrying 49 rings without taking a single hit, but as soon as I reach 50, every enemy just has an abrupt increase in accuracy.  Either that or my nerves will shoot through the roof to point where it impairs my ability to play properly.  The same thing applies to CD.  As for S&K, I don't know what my excuse is for that.  If I can get them in Sonic 3, I see no reason why I shouldn't get them in S&K.  I just haven't.

Edited by Akito
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of emeralds, I've gotten every Chaos Emerald in the three Mega Drive games, albeit with an extensive use of save states. In my defense, try playing the three last special stages in Sonic 2 with Tails behind you.

I hate him because of that.

I can do all of Sonic 1's special stages without saves no sweat, same goes for 3&K. Sonic 2's though... I've only ever done it once and with save states.

Words cannot explain how much I screamed my ass off at Tails.

Oh man, the special stages for the Mega Drive games can be a real pain. Sonic 1, 3 and Knuckles became easy for me after lots of practicing. Yet, I still find Sonic 2's special stages to be frustrating, especially with Tails.

Maybe it's as shameful as it's going to be nut whatever.

I never fully finished Sonic 1, 2, CD and 3&K. Either it's me not having the patience, skill or thought of finishing them. Well, I didn't learn of the 'classics' until 2004 (Sonic Advance 1 was my first ever Sonic game, Heroes being the 1st main series game I've played) so there's that.

I did manage to collect all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 3&K though...on Sonic Classics Collection on the DS. :U

I used to admittedly be terrible at the classics, but they're really those kinda games where you have to practice, practice, PRACTICE to master. These days, I usually beat the games without losing a single life aside from the occasional death on Metropolis.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't beaten any of the classic titles since the mid-90s. I simply cannot enjoy games without save states... and even then I gave up on Hydrocity in 3 simply because Tails kept being a dick and stealing my air bubbles.

I think we know why they're called sidekicks now. RIGHT IN THE RIBS, 10,000 POINTS!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

When I was young I created a mock idea for "Sonic 4" where Sonic and his silver coloured brother Zimble stop Eggman. That was the concept.

I have no idea what the fuck Zimble stands for, but in hindsight he sounds like one of the Deadly Six. C'est la vie.

• Thumbs Up 2

When I was young I created a mock idea for "Sonic 4" where Sonic and his silver coloured brother Zimble stop Eggman. That was the concept.

I have no idea what the fuck Zimble stands for, but in hindsight he sounds like one of the Deadly Six. C'est la vie.

Sonic 4 as you truly imagined it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

We're all guilty of creating a recolor sibling, I think.

Ohhhhh Lord the ones I made.

I had a fanfiction where a Manic from another reality came in and started working for the bad guy as a double agent sniper dude.

Or some crap like that. It was WEIRD and at times I ponder if my parents fed me hallucinogens or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

This may sound contradictory to what I just said in the shipping topic, but I sort of like Sonadow. I know it's a really odd pairing, and it's a bit random, but it makes Sonic seem like a more diverse person. Call it a guilty pleasure aspect of Sonic for me.

• Thumbs Up 1