Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

This may sound contradictory to what I just said in the shipping topic, but I sort of like Sonadow. I know it's a really odd pairing, and it's a bit random, but it makes Sonic seem like a more diverse person. Call it a guilty pleasure aspect of Sonic for me.

Your not the only one out there liking this pairing.

I, myself knows Sonadow well and have been fan of this couple for some years now. I Really love the fanfictions about them smile.png

There is a BIG fans out there just for this couple.

I think that these two characters would match better than any other characters/mobians.

Have you heard about sonadow.com? (18+ only, do not visit if you are underage) (I am not referring you or any others to this site. It's only a question)

• Thumbs Up 1

Your not the only one out there liking this pairing. I, myself knows Sonadow well and have been fan of this couple for some years now. I Really love the fanfictions about them :) There is a BIG fans out there just for this couple. I think that these two characters would match better than any other characters/mobians. Have you heard about sonadow.com? (18+ only, do not visit if you are underage) (I am not referring you or any others to this site. It's only a question)
As a matter of fact, I've actually visited that site a couple times. I've came across some well drawn art, but there's also quite a bit of... Odd drawings on there.

As a matter of fact, I've actually visited that site a couple times. I've came across some well drawn art, but there's also quite a bit of... Odd drawings on there.

Yeah, there is... It depends on how much fan you REALLY are of Sonadow.

But the more friendly art can be found at DeviantArt, the artist are really good and takes it serious on this couple.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, there is... It depends on how much fan you REALLY are of Sonadow.

But the more friendly art can be found at DeviantArt, the artist are really good and takes it serious on this couple.

I guess I can say I'm a big fan of Sonadow, but there's some really weird recurring elements of that pairing. Seriously, what's up with the whole "king and his slave" thing? Still, when Sonadow art is good, it's really damn good.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

I guess I can say I'm a big fan of Sonadow, but there's some really weird recurring elements of that pairing. Seriously, what's up with the whole "king and his slave" thing? Still, when Sonadow art is good, it's really damn good.

Sonadow has many different sides.

Slave & Master or Uke & Seme is one of the most populary ones. Yes, our mind and fantasies may be a bit awkward at some points...

There is a fanfiction called "He Is My Master" who has won prizes on different websites. I haven't even got to read it to the end yet, but I can already tell that this is one of the best fanfiction ever written, which has this theme (Master & Slave).

Whether these stories takes place in Sonic's original story (with original characters, time and place) our a modified story is not important, since these fanfiction's normally explains all details well.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I may or may not have a slight thing for Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles. I can't really explain it. Their personalities, as I can relate to each of them in one way or another. Also, they're cute. Now, I realize they are video game characters, I'm not delusional, but still.

Before I got my YouTube partnership, I made a movie out of all the cutscenes from 06. The sad thing was, everyone I showed loved it. Then I found out how bad 06 was and when I re-watched it, I thought: "Yeah okay, maybe it isn't that good", so I deleted it.

I also love Sonic X, and while I'm not a massive fan of Chris Thorndyke, I don't hate him either. I thought that compared to most video game cartoon adaptions (I'm looking at you, Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong!), it was actually pretty good!

Not sure if this counts as shameful or not, but I don't actually like Sonic Adventure 2. The Knuckles/Rouge stages are PAINFUL and they just get worse as they go along, the Tails/Eggman stages are fairly dull. The Sonic/Shadow stages are okay, but not nearly as good as they were in Sonic Adventure. I don't know exactly why so many people LOVED that game, but I guess maybe it was because of the story which is probably the best thing about the game. Oh yeah, and the Chao gardens, that was cool as well.

But that's just my opinion. :)

So, I may or may not have a slight thing for Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles. I can't really explain it. Their personalities, as I can relate to each of them in one way or another. Also, they're cute. Now, I realize they are video game characters, I'm not delusional, but still.
It is called "robophilia". As told before: Your not the only one

^Robophilia is attraction to robots, I don't think attraction to fictional characters actually has a 'philia' connotation attached to it, though anthropomorphic creatures might.

I'm a bit 'embarassed' at certain things, namely that I apparently can't write fanfiction, but 'shameful secret' is a bit strong.

Edited by Amomynous

I used to have dreams of Amy getting sick of Sonic running away from her all the time. So she finds him and rapes him. I know, I know. I'm a weirdo.

I used to have dreams of Amy getting sick of Sonic running away from her all the time. So she finds him and rapes him. I know, I know. I'm a weirdo.

That wouldn't be such a shameful thing if your post didn't entail that this was a recurring thing.

I was terrified of the drowning music from SA and SA2 when I was little. Anytime my brother and I would enter a water level, I would always be poised to run away from the television whenever Sonic went into the water. Yeah, it's kinda sad -_- 

^Robophilia is attraction to robots, I don't think attraction to fictional characters actually has a 'philia' connotation attached to it, though anthropomorphic creatures might.

I'm a bit 'embarassed' at certain things, namely that I apparently can't write fanfiction, but 'shameful secret' is a bit strong.

There is pretty much a "philia" for everything. It is not nearly as uncommon as people think to project sexual feelings onto other things than reallife persons or situations. The internet is full of rule 34 for a reason :)

Needless to say that i've had my certain phases^^

Another one, only a bit more minor. Ready? Here it is.

Kirk Thornton's Shadow is actually my favourite of the lot.

No, that's not a joke.

"But he sounds like he has a lisp!"

"But he sounds old!"

"But he sounds like he has a crap Spanish accent!"

Yeah. Exactly. That's why I like it.

I'm one of those folk who like a voice, with whichever character stereotype they may fulfill, to still sound... unique, if that makes sense. You know, Robotnik sounds like Robotnik and not just a typical old evil man, Tails sounds like Tails and not just a typical child genius, Blaze sounds like Blaze and not just a typical stern loner, that sort of thing. Now the other two voices for Shadow - David Humphrey and Jason Griffith - weren't bad by any means, but they sounded... well I don't want to outright say "generic", but it's what you'd expect for a Vegeta-type. But when you hear what is basically a grandad Meta Knight coming out of the Ultimate Lifeform's mouth, that shit's hilarious, and that sticks in my mind. In fact, that silly voice alone made me tolerate Shadow ten times more.

So yes, count me as one of those weird types that enjoy "It's time for a fiesta Ssssanic" Shadalad.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 9

Another one, only a bit more minor. Ready? Here it is.

Kirk Thornton's Shadow is actually my favourite of the lot.

No, that's not a joke.

"But he sounds like he has a lisp!"

"But he sounds old!"

"But he sounds like he has a crap Spanish accent!"

Yeah. Exactly. That's why I like it.

I'm one of those folk who like a voice, with whichever character stereotype they may fulfill, to still sound... unique, if that makes sense. You know, Robotnik sounds like Robotnik and not just a typical old evil man, Tails sounds like Tails and not just a typical child genius, Blaze sounds like Blaze and not just a typical stern loner, that sort of thing. Now the other two voices for Shadow - David Humphrey and Jason Griffith - weren't bad by any means, but they sounded... well I don't want to outright say "generic", but it's what you'd expect for a Vegeta-type. But when you hear what is basically a grandad Meta Knight coming out of the Ultimate Lifeform's mouth, that shit's hilarious, and that sticks in my mind. In fact, that silly voice alone made me tolerate Shadow ten times more.

So yes, count me as one of those weird types that enjoy "It's time for a fiesta Ssssanic" Shadalad.

You know what, ever since Colors I've hated Thornton's Shadow voice the most out of any voice change in the entire series up to that point....

And I never thought of it like that. After thinking about Humphrey and Griffith's voices compared to Thornton's.....I...I just can't believe how generic they sounded compared to Thornton who is actually one of the most unique voices the series has ever had. So you know what Crusher? Write me down as one of those weird types,  because I would also like some fiesta with my hedgehog please!

• Thumbs Up 1

My most shameful sonic moment was when I finished Sonic Generations not so long ago.

You see, Im not a master of all Sonic games. For there are a couple classic games I have yet to play. But I know almost everything about the music of Sonic. I just love it. Sega just has that way of making the right music for making each level a good experience.

Now for my tale of shame....

(Sonic Generations Spoiler Alert. Although I am fairly sure everyone here has finished the game.)

During the credits of Sonic Generations, they show images from all the sonic games in chronological order. Sega also put in a remixed version of the music for all of the games in chronological order as well. I am ashamed to admit that I applauded and cheered when I heard the music. I couldn't help myself. It was like listening to a remix history book of all the wonderful music of Sonic. My sister thought I was crazy, but thats alright since its true. At least where the music of the blue blur is concerned.

I am even more ashamed to admit that if I replay Sonic Generations, the same thing is bound to happen again. And again.

(Shameless plug: This remix as well as all the other Sonic Generations music is available on Itunes now)

Edited by Neon The Hedgehog

You know what, ever since Colors I've hated Thornton's Shadow voice the most out of any voice change in the entire series up to that point....

And I never thought of it like that. After thinking about Humphrey and Griffith's voices compared to Thornton's.....I...I just can't believe how generic they sounded compared to Thornton who is actually one of the most unique voices the series has ever had. So you know what Crusher? Write me down as one of those weird types,  because I would also like some fiesta with my hedgehog please!

Really? Uh, no problem, I guess, haha.

Like I said, I don't consider Griffith or Humphrey to be rubbish by any stretch of the imagination, I just like Meta Knight Vincent Price Shadow more, that's all.

To me, Kirk Thornton's Shadow sounds like a drunk and possibly horny take on David Humphrey's performance.

Which is awesome.

Edited by Ringo ~
  • Thumbs Up 6

When I was a kid, I *loved* Big the Cat in SA1. In fact, I think he might have been my favorite character in the game. I don't think I cared about his gameplay being unfitting and different, I just really liked his character for some reason. In fact, oftentimes I would start a new file, unlock Tails, and then rush through his story so I could unlock Big ASAP. And then once I played Big's story, that was it. Done. (And in case you're wondering why I would keep starting new files, let's just say I had an unstable memory card back then).

Edited by Speederino

I used to make up lyrics to different songs in Sonic 1, 2, and 3k. Yeah I wonder if i'm the only one who would do that? :V Most lyrics were about Robotnik and I would sing along with the background music during a boss fight in both Sonic 1 and 2 but more so in Sonic 2. xD

I did this to a much greater extent, we should publish them huhlol?

My shameful secrets:

• admitting to myself I still like the Sonic games, despite the absolute horrors people say about them (and the fanbase itself). I basically don't tell people I like Sonic games because of the reputation they haev.
  • Eggman's post-Adventure design (that is, not dressed in a clown suit w/a cape) makes my !!! tremble. The confidence with which he speaks (the voice), the determination, and of course the engineering genius. His canonically (?) being much taller than me at six foot one makes matters worse. He's a fashionable mofo. He's got dat stache. According to Heroes, he's a romantic and a feminist (though this seems contradicted in a later game?). Dear lord, I am smitten by Eggman.

My most shameful sonic moment was when I finished Sonic Generations not so long ago.

You see, Im not a master of all Sonic games. For there are a couple classic games I have yet to play. But I know almost everything about the music of Sonic. I just love it. Sega just has that way of making the right music for making each level a good experience.

Now for my tale of shame....

(Sonic Generations Spoiler Alert. Although I am fairly sure everyone here has finished the game.)

During the credits of Sonic Generations, they show images from all the sonic games in chronological order. Sega also put in a remixed version of the music for all of the games in chronological order as well. I am ashamed to admit that I applauded and cheered when I heard the music. I couldn't help myself. It was like listening to a remix history book of all the wonderful music of Sonic. My sister thought I was crazy, but thats alright since its true. At least where the music of the blue blur is concerned.

I am even more ashamed to admit that if I replay Sonic Generations, the same thing is bound to happen again. And again.

(Shameless plug: This remix as well as all the other Sonic Generations music is available on Itunes now)

Ha, same for me. I got Sonic Generations for my birthday in November of 2011, and I didn't beat it until a couple months ago. I was stuck on Chaos, then some challenges, and gave up when I got to the Time Eater. I finally took the initiative to finally complete it. The Time Eater can still suck it( he runs away like a p!ssy, and Sonic's friends won't shut up!) 

I also have not completed Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Unleashed, or Sonic Colors. I gave up on Big's story, rage quit on the last story in SA2, rage quit the final boss of Unleashed, and can't get past the spring based act of Asteroid Coaster on Colors Wii. Yeah, I fail at life. :D

There's nothing wrong with cheering when you hear an awesome credits medley at the end of Generations. I'm a Sonic music fanatic too, I had a really loud and cheerful reaction when I finally had the credits roll on that game.