Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

Well yeah, extreme cases like ShtH and Sonic '06 obviously don't go past me as well. But otherwise, as long as there's a game that I enjoy that still has the Sonic touch to it, then I'm happy with whatever happens within it.

I suppose part of the reason why I'm a little nervous about something as simple as this viewpoint is because on another forum that I used to go to, I got a lot of abuse for it in PMs. I knew it was just a bunch of individuals behind keyboards blowing their own trumpets, and I never said anything back to them since I didn't want to take the bait, but it still affected me quite a bit, so nowadays I just sort of accept that my mindset is a bit on the poor side...

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Well yeah, extreme cases like ShtH and Sonic '06 obviously don't go past me as well. But otherwise, as long as there's a game that I enjoy that still has the Sonic touch to it, then I'm happy with whatever happens within it.

I suppose part of the reason why I'm a little nervous about something as simple as this viewpoint is because on another forum that I used to go to, I got a lot of abuse for it in PMs. I knew it was just a bunch of individuals behind keyboards blowing their own trumpets, and I never said anything back to them since I didn't want to take the bait, but it still affected me quite a bit, so nowadays I just sort of accept that my mindset is a bit on the poor side...

Wow, i'm sorry to hear that people have bashed on you for not sharing their same opinion like that. That just goes to show you how immature they may be in the long run.

While I do enjoy a long detailed story and would love them to be in there, I'm not going to rage over it. While the story is important to me, making the game have explorability and replayability is what is most likely the most important anyway. If you can make the game where it is more than just beat the level and move on, do it, it will be a great plus. You can make simple stories work if done properly, but there does at least need to be some story. No story or just straight up gameplay, I don't think will fly that much with how many people do want more story and things to add to their canon's and such.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

After taking a trip down nostalgia lane, I just recently remembered a comic that I did a very long time ago.

Around the 1st grade I recall loving two things... the Sonic series and the Land Before Time. So I figured, why not combine them? Yes, folks, I made a Sonic and Land Before Time crossover fan-comic. I think the story went as followed... Sonic and Littlefoot (The little brontosaurus from the movies) see that a chaos emerald has been stolen from a museum and its up to the heroes from both series to journey to a floating fortress to retrieve it.

...Yeah... I dunno how I'm gonna top that in terms of shameful Sonic related secrets.

Nowadays, other than the timeless first Land Before Time, I don't really think the movies are all that great (In fact, they're pretty bad if you look at them objectively.) but I can't really hate them due to Nostalgia.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac
  • Thumbs Up 1

After taking a trip down nostalgia lane, I just recently remembered a comic that I did a very long time ago.

Around the 1st grade I recall loving two things... the Sonic series and the Land Before Time. So I figured, why not combine them? Yes, folks, I made a Sonic and Land Before Time crossover fan-comic. I think the story went as followed... Sonic and Littlefoot (The little brontosaurus from the movies) see that a chaos emerald has been stolen from a museum and its up to the heroes from both series to journey to a floating fortress to retrieve it.

...Yeah... I dunno how I'm gonna top that in terms of shameful Sonic related secrets.

Nowadays, other than the timeless first Land Before Time, I don't really think the movies are all that great (In fact, they're pretty bad if you look at them objectively.) but I can't really hate them due to Nostalgia.

There are so many layers of complexities to this.  So many questions to be asked, but I'm not going to because I don't want to further embarrass you or anything. XP

But don't worry, you're far from the only one here who is guilty of the "stupid crossover fanfic I wrote in my youth" trope. ph34r.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I recall writing a lot of silly fanfics--in fact, I vividly remember one with a lot of fourth wall breaking shenanigans, with Sonic getting constantly annoyed at "the narrator", followed by sort-of Cerebus Syndrome out of nowhere (it remained humorous for the most part but suddenly there was a plot)--but oddly enough, no crossovers. Then again, I don't think I was much of a fan of crossovers until I was older...?

• Thumbs Up 4

I have another confession. A pretty stupidly recent one too.

...I'm starting to support SonAmy. Please don't kill me ;A;

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nothing wrong at all with being a sonamy support. Everyone likes their own couples and tastes can easily change over time. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

There's nothing wrong with having a preferred couple. wink.png

Although if you start posting shitty artwork that boarders on hentai, we might have a problem...

Why would anyone, in their right mind, treat you like shit for liking a pairing?

This is the thing about shipping; There's nothing wrong with it. It's a fun and harmless aspect of fandom. Sure the 'crazies' who go around starting with other fans for the 'sake' of pairings bring shame upon this aspect of fandom but those who actually believe that we're all like that are full of shit and should be ultimately disregarded as the generalizers that they are.

• Thumbs Up 5

Why would anyone, in their right mind, treat you like shit for liking a pairing?

This is the thing about shipping; There's nothing wrong with it. It's a fun and harmless aspect of fandom. Sure the 'crazies' who go around starting with other fans for the 'sake' of pairings bring shame upon this aspect of fandom but those who actually believe that we're all like that are full of shit and should be ultimately disregarded as the generalizers that they are.

Yeah, most shippers and such aren't like that. Believe me, I have my couples I like and such. I'm sure we all have couples we prefer and such over others or who knows, maybe like most couples there are and dont have a ton of preference. It is all depenant on who you like. No one should make you feel bad for liking what couple you like. I know I have some odd ones, but those are the ones I like.

As for drawings and such. Just look at the drawings you like and only those drawings. If you don't like certain pictures people draw then let them be, don't bash them for it. I see it all the time. People go into couple pictures of couples they dont like and immedatiately start being ugly to the person because of the picture. That just shows how immature you are if you are going to hate on someone just because you dont like the couple. It bothers me to no end. We all like, what we like.

Yeah, nothing wrong with shipping as long as you're not an overzealous teamedward4lief fanatic or whatever.

On the subject of shipping, I never understood why people use the word "support" when they refer to liking a couple.  Is shipping some sort of political movement that needs support, else they crumble under the weight of the oppression of other ships?

On the subject of shipping, I never understood why people use the word "support" when they refer to liking a couple.  Is shipping some sort of political movement that needs support, else they crumble under the weight of the oppression of other ships?

As an avid shipper of many years, I can safely and conclusively state that yes, it is exactly like that!

Seriously though, I'm guessing the original logic behind that terminology is that they wanted their ships to be canon, hence "supporting" it. Nowadays, it basically just means liking the pairing, I think. *shrugs*

• Thumbs Up 3

Somewhat related, but I've spent the past 13 minutes re-watching the gif of Zeena from the new trailer for Lost World because someone mentioned something about her ass. All with the hub for Shamar Night in the background. Not only is is shameful, but it's quite random.

Back on this shipping thing, I may not be the biggest fan of that particular paring, but hey... nothing wrong with it. Well, nothing wrong with it here anyway. This is just a really nice safe zone.

It's not safe on the outside. We don't mind the opinions, but the internet is a dangerous place for shipping...

Yeah, I think most people say support because if it ever became canon, they would definately support it in the game, or story, rather than hating on it. That's why there is both support couples and people that are anti couples. Those people being the ones that would throw a hissy fit over the couple becoming canon, just like how the Sally, Amy, and Blaze people fight with each other all the time and such over Sonic.

I just go with the ones I like, no matter the person, couple, gender or whatever. If I like it, I like it and if I dont, I dont. I don't hate on them if I can help it.

...I'm starting to love SonAmy (I BLAME SPINDASH) too - Spinny's really kinda helped me see just how much potential it has as a compatible couple. Especially in particular, Adventure!Amy and Unleashed!Sonic - Like Verte's told me once, I think they could work out if they were like their depictions in said games.

That aside.... T-this is kinda embarrassing, but...

*gulp* ...I think Amy's kinda cute... and Honey the Cat, too... please don't kill me...

I don't think this is shameful but I'll let you decide:

I never wanted to watch something like satAMs or even Underground; they seemed WAY too childish and too cartoony for it to be a true Sonic TV series.

Look at Dr. Robotnik; he is a kid-ordinary space-themed emperor? NO! Not like that!

Sonic? He seems a bit too arrogant and even impatient...

The only ones I like is the Sonic OVA and Sonic X. That's it.

Edited by speedyblue334

I never wanted to watch something like satAMs or even Underground; they seemed WAY too childish and too cartoony for it to be a true Sonic TV series.

A dark, gritty story about a group of freedom fighters, many of whom have been orphaned thanks to a bloodthirsty, tyrant who will indiscriminately abduct any victim and force them to aid him in destroying their own habitats all for his industrial gain.

Yup.  Sounds like child's play to me. =P

Also, I don't understand how, by your descriptions, the OVA and Sonic X are any less childish, but whatever.

Edited by Akito
  • Thumbs Up 2

A dark, gritty story about a group of freedom fighters, many of whom have been orphaned thanks to a bloodthirsty, tyrant who will indiscriminately abduct any victim and force them to aid him in destroying their own habitats all for his industrial gain.

Yup.  Sounds like child's play to me. =P

...I didn't finish watching any episode, I only assumed what was in there....

Edited by speedyblue334

I'm not going to try to convince you to watch it, though I do think it's a little shallow to dismiss a show and then judge its quality without even having seen it.

Get ready to play the Jackass theme with this one... You see this?

hqdefault.jpg

*Sigh* ...You can already see where I going with this, can you? Yeah, I originally went to my local skate park to well... skate on my skateboard. But then I saw this baby and my inner Sonic fan just kicked my common sense to the curve.

I jumped down the slope and immediately felt myself slipping up as started to run on it. As soon as I made it to the loop -- WHAM! My face slams right into it's ascending curve. Seriously... I had no idea what I was thinking there. Needless to say I counted my lucky stars and never did that again... Annnnnd I'm glad it wasn't crowded that day.

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 7

...I'm starting to love SonAmy (I BLAME SPINDASH) too - Spinny's really kinda helped me see just how much potential it has as a compatible couple. Especially in particular, Adventure!Amy and Unleashed!Sonic - Like Verte's told me once, I think they could work out if they were like their depictions in said games.

That aside.... T-this is kinda embarrassing, but...

*gulp* ...I think Amy's kinda cute... and Honey the Cat, too... please don't kill me...

I've still never understood why you should be ashamed because you like couples in this series. People are obviously going to disagree with you yes, but I would hope they aren't going to hate on you around here over what couples you like or support. Yes, some of us are going to like strange couples, be they pairings of people that have never met, yaoi or yuri couples, or even the ones that look like theycould easily work. I see nothing shameful about liking couples. They are a nice part of it all to me.

Is this shameful? I dunno, but I must admit as a character I LOVE the Werehog, I find him interesting and different, I also really quite liked the gameplay and didn't find it boring or whatever, I wished his character had been explored more and the effect had actually yaknow...affected Sonic, but I really like the Werehog :)

• Thumbs Up 6

Is this shameful? I dunno, but I must admit as a character I LOVE the Werehog, I find him interesting and different, I also really quite liked the gameplay and didn't find it boring or whatever, I wished his character had been explored more and the effect had actually yaknow...affected Sonic, but I really like the Werehog smile.png

Verte! A Werehog fan! There is another among us!

This calls for celebration.

smith1.gif

• Thumbs Up 4