Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

I don't own any Sonic merchandise unfortunately, aside from the obvious games, but I'd love to own it all: wallets, backpacks, shirts, plush dolls, you name it.  I'm a 15 year old guy and I'm not ashamed in wanting that stuff at all, I'm only ashamed that I don't own any of it right now.

I've also never played Shadow the Hedgehog or 06, but I criticize them just as much as anyone else ever would.

As one who played Shadow I would not recommend it to others. Your better off just watching the final scene (the true ending) on Youtube so you learn about shadows past. Only if you are interested though. The music is nice though. It kind of has a hard rock feel to it.

Im ashamed to admit that there are a couple classic games I have yet to play. But I have listened to all the music for it. Listening to music for games I have not played is bad. But oh well.

• Thumbs Up 1

As one who played Shadow I would not recommend it to others. Your better off just watching the final scene (the true ending) on Youtube so you learn about shadows past. Only if you are interested though. The music is nice though. It kind of has a hard rock feel to it.

Im ashamed to admit that there are a couple classic games I have yet to play. But I have listened to all the music for it. Listening to music for games I have not played is bad. But oh well.

Oh I've seen the cutscenes for both games on Youtube, so I can at least get away with thinking the stories in them are absolute trash.

Eh, there isn't anything wrong with listening to music for games you haven't played. I've never touched a Final Fantasy game for example, but FF7's soundtrack is so glorious for me to listen to. Sometimes music can appeal to you more than the game itself, or the game just isn't your cup of tea and the soundtrack is. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Sonic CD, but a lot of the love I have for it revolves around the two soundtracks and art style.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's wrong with listening to music to games you haven't played?  I mean, why is that a bad thing?  Music is music.  You don't have to play a game to understand music.  Well, you might if the lyrics contain plot elements, but you know what I mean.  I don't understand how that's a shameful thing in the slightest.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've never completed Sonic 1 or 2.

I guess it's not "shameful", per say, but it's kinda funny that I still haven't beaten them after all thse years.

Legitimately, at least. Thank you, level select code.

Edited by Cola

I've never completed Sonic 1 or 2.

I guess it's not "shameful", per say, but it's kinda funny that I still haven't beaten them after all thse years.

Legitimately, at least. Thank you, level select code.

I haven't either. I blame the lack of motivation. I can't bring myself to complete any of the classics but Sonic & Knuckles.(I always give out during the "halfway point")

I enjoy roleplaying as Silver with 3 other members of this community...?

I doubt you should ever be ashamed of roleplaying ever. I very much enjoy it and would encourage it honestly. It's a good escape for your mind if you are ever rather stressed.

Still to this day, I have yet to own the Sega Dreamcast just to play Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and probably Sonic Shuffle regardless their existed Gamecube port and how they'd aged.

And I still haven't played Colors, no Wii. :I

• Thumbs Up 1

Still to this day, I have yet to own the Sega Dreamcast just to play Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and probably Sonic Shuffle regardless their existed Gamecube port and how they'd aged.           And I still haven't played Colors, no Wii. :I
Hey, a bunch of people here have not got a chance to play certain Sonic games, so not playing Sonic Adventure or Colors is certainly alright. There is no shame in that.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hey, a bunch of people here have not got a chance to play certain Sonic games, so not playing Sonic Adventure or Colors is certainly alright. There is no shame in that.

Agreed. I've never had a Wii, so I've never been able to play the Storybook Games or Colors Wii.

Agreed. I've never had a Wii, so I've never been able to play the Storybook Games or Colors Wii.

Should give it a try one day. Wii's aren't that expensive anymore, or you can go right for a WiiU eventually and play both libraries at the same time. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Most will probably agree that you're not missing much by missing the Storybook games. Even though I love them, I can see how they might not be everyone's cup of tea. The on-rails controls, the overuse of the motion sensing in the Wiimote... I can see why some might not like them. Colours is generally agreed upon to be fantastic, so make of that what you will:)

Most will probably agree that you're not missing much by missing the Storybook games. Even though I love them, I can see how they might not be everyone's cup of tea. The on-rails controls, the overuse of the motion sensing in the Wiimote... I can see why some might not like them. Colours is generally agreed upon to be fantastic, so make of that what you will:)

The story book games do overuse the controls a bit. Playing Black Knight can wear you out after a bit of having to swing so much during gameplay. The first time I played it, my arm hurt for awhile after playing it, since I had to do so much swinging and such in the game. It is still a good game, but they can tire you out after awhile.

I still haven't beat Sonic 2

Thats ok. If I named all the classic games I have not played yet I would surley get shunned from this sitetongue.png . But a sonic fans worth is not decided by what games they have or have not played. 

Edited by Neon The Hedgehog

The story book games do overuse the controls a bit. Playing Black Knight can wear you out after a bit of having to swing so much during gameplay. The first time I played it, my arm hurt for awhile after playing it, since I had to do so much swinging and such in the game. It is still a good game, but they can tire you out after awhile.

I agree. As much as I adore Black Knight, it's not something I can play for very long.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at Rouge without your eyes focusing on her chest once in her life is impossible.

That breastplate is an eye magnet.

Edited by Glad Tidings Gabriel
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

My shameful sonic secret? Well I use to be on and off, Im only quite young so have only play sonic 1 and 3 (not knuckles) after heros I left for mario and (weirdly?) Rekindled my love of the series through sonic rush. I thought that was odd... other than that im only slightly obsessed with blaze the cat and silver the hedgehog...

I was going to hit like, but then the mouse hovered over report.  It took me a moment to remind myself this wasn't technically an offense.

I remember many years ago, when I was about 7 or 8, a friend and I were browsing Sonic pictures on the internet because that's what kids do.  Then... we saw things.  Things not meant for Children.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Sonic and The Secret Rings, if you play through a bit the controls get better because sonic gets faster and new moves allow you to get through easier. The plot isn't that great but the gameplay is fast and fun.

The above comment exists. Fact.

I like Sonic and The Secret Rings, if you play through a bit the controls get better because sonic gets faster and new moves allow you to get through easier. The plot isn't that great but the gameplay is fast and fun.

The above comment exists. Fact.

Eh, I'd say it goes the other way around, but that's just me.

As for me, a shameful secret of mine is that I'm absolutely terrified of Sandopolis Zone Act 2.

Wait. *grabs giant shield* I don't mind its length. I don't mind its aesthetics. I love the musical tracks. But for the love of all things good, those ghosts give me goosebumps and makes my hair stand on end. I'm dead serious. Especially when it gets dark, and you play as Knuckles...

Its the only reason I dread that zone every time I play Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I tend to leave a lot of Sonic games unfinished but out of all of them I think the most shameful is me having never completed Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I try but I get bored of it pretty fast and yet I am quite happy to play through Sonic 1 and 2 often.

The other games I've left unfinished are '06, Unleashed, Colours, Rush, Rush Adventure, Dark Brotherhood and Lost World but I don't feel as bad about those because I am more of a PC gamer and don't use my consoles often, plus '06 has a habit of giving me massive migraines every time I play it.

I have a Sonic poster on my wall and I get up at midnight sharp every single night and proceed to light a load of candles and then lick the poster entisingly and then I sacrifice one game that isn't a Sonic game a night to Satan so that I will only have Sonic games left to play for the rest of my life

Sonic is love, Sonic is life

In other news my

shameful secret is that I kinda liked Shadow the Hedgehog initially, albeit I haven't played it since 5ever

• Thumbs Up 4