Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

I have yet to beat a single Sonic game yet. sad.png Although I believe that I kinda have an excuse in line with my But since I have returned, I've jumped from Sonic game to Sonic game, as I can't seem to sit still and play one game at a time for some reason. I plan on changing that in line with the Holiday Gaming Awards that we have going on here. smile.png

Am I the only one that made the mistake of calling Knuckles an Enchilada? I was 10 years old at the time but still...

O8OvIYf.png?1

jAhlbsq.png?1

Oh. Well, from these images apparently I wasn't the only one that thought this...that makes me feel better! happy.png Anyway, it took me 16 years, but I finally got it in my mind once I got back in Sonic that Knuckles is an Echidna and not an enchilada as I kept referring to him as! I'll never make that mistake again! 

• Thumbs Up 7

I tend to leave a lot of Sonic games unfinished but out of all of them I think the most shameful is me having never completed Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I try but I get bored of it pretty fast and yet I am quite happy to play through Sonic 1 and 2 often.

I can relate to this, and if anything my shameful secret(s) is that I am excessively apathetic to Sonic & Knuckles itself and thus haven't actually given the almighty S3&K a go. Something about the size and scope of S&K in combination with the pick-up-and-play scheme of the gameplay clashes and just makes it sort of tedious. It feels like it just goes on and on without actually getting particularly harder or building up to anything until the end (and Sandopolis is bullshit anyway). And you want me to combine that with another game to effectively double the length of it? No thanks. I'm not of the mindset that classic Sonic games should be significantly longer than six or seven acts. Just the sound of it makes me not want to play games.

• Thumbs Up 3

In other news my shameful secret is that I kinda liked Shadow the Hedgehog initially, albeit I haven't played it since 5ever

I can relate. While I've always acknowledged that ShTH is one of the worst games in the series, I do find it enjoyable here and there. Levels like Lava Shelter in particular are pretty cool imo.

I'm actually kind of sad that I don't have any access to it since I traded in my Wii, and I...doubt they'll be rereleasing it ever, haha. I guess I could always emulate it without any shame whatsoever, since I already own the damn game and all. tongue.png

I can relate. While I've always acknowledged that ShTH is one of the worst games in the series, I do find it enjoyable here and there. Levels like Lava Shelter in particular are pretty cool imo.

I'm actually kind of sad that I don't have any access to it since I traded in my Wii, and I...doubt they'll be rereleasing it ever, haha. I guess I could always emulate it without any shame whatsoever, since I already own the damn game and all. tongue.png

They re-released it in Japan on PSN. Kinda like the equivalent of when Europe got Heroes re-released on PSN.

Yeahhh add me to the list of people that never beat S3&K. In fact I never even beat S&K, only Sonic 3. I dunno, I guess the levels just weren't as interesting for me in S&K (bar Sky Sanctuary of course!), which is why I don't understand SEGA always choosing S&K stages or music over Sonic 3! >_>

Yeah, I was accused of having a "beastiality sexual orientation" just because I collected pictures of anthropomorphic characters who looked nothing like real barnyard animals.

While the amazing artists who made those illustrations on DeviantArt got accused of being "desparate loners who need to get laid", when in reality some of them were already having romantic relationships prior to sharing some of their "disgusting" masterpieces with the world.

Yessir.

Ok uhm, not that much but to say here but I'll say it

1. I've never played most of the Sonic games.

2. I've never gotten past the arsish barrel in sonic 3, and only recently found out how to do it.

3. I can't remember if I beat Sonic 1 or not.

4. I finished Sonic 2 only twice.. and both times were with cheats.

5. My first 'Sonic' game was Shadow the Hedgehog, which I liked. Haven't played it for over a year now, though...

6. I am a [mild] Shadow fangirl.

7... I think Shadow's smile is cute..

8. ... Ummmm I think Shadow's only being an arsehole because everyone who he's ever been close to died because of him, and he doesn't want anyone else to suffer that.

DON'T KILL ME AGGGHHHHHH *RUNS AWAY* actually why would you kill me for tha -!

I've never completed Sonic Adventure. This is real shameful for me, because it's the first Sonic game I've ever played. Naturally, I should have completed it by now. Problem is, I have trouble with completing Big's story, due to finnicky fishing controls and Froggy never biting down on my line. The fact that Fishing in a Sonic game is mandatory to complete the entire game, and me constantly failing to complete Twinkle Park as Big is why I'm just too frustrated to pick the game up and fully complete it. Problem is, I'm recording a Let's Play with friends on the game, so I feel like a lot of my points on the game will be considered invalid since I haven't completed the entire thing.

Oh, I also haven't finished Adventure 2, Rush, and Colors, despite owning the former and latter for nearly a year.

I got into Sonic late. 2001, with Sonic Advanced and Adventure 2 being my first games, but I was like, 8 years old at the time so I guess it is acceptable plus I bought a genesis to play all of the old games in their original glory, including Spinball.

I had a crush on Ash the Mongoose from the comics, lol

I drew WAY too much Sonic yaoi when I was around 14, I'm ashamed of this part of my life on deviantart :(

I love Shadow's attitude (Don't ask why, cuz even I don't know..), and I also love Silver. XD

I'm Shadow's Ultimite Fangirl... and Silver's wannabe GF. Go figure. :P

Been a sonic fan for many many years. Since when the first game came out when i was 6- or 7 ( shush you im not old XD!) but i barely read any of the sonic comics... what so ever and im a comic book guy >.>... sorta

And I has a thing for the sonic girls orz....

SHAAAAAME!

When my best friend first described Shadow to me, I thought she was talking about Sonic. So for a few years until I got to be more informed about the series, I always thought of Sonic as the one "who was created to be evil but turned out to be good". (To clarify, it was around the Heroes era when she said that, when Shadow was a playable character to be used against the final boss and save the world)

Not really shameful, but I'm probably the biggest Chris Thorndyke fan out there. 

I will admit, my shameful secret is probably the fact that my first Sonic game that I got and beat was Sonic 3D blast. LOVE THAT GAME. 

The way Zeena moves her hips here

tumblr_mysmogn8mT1sl27qto1_400.gif

the way she moves her hand on her knee when she says "Well, in that case...", and in general every animation of her nearly makes me sexually excited.

• 1 year later...

Well I have a few shameful Sonic-related secrets of my own.

First of all I sometimes sleep with my Sonic plush aka Sonic the hedgehog or with the other plushies I have or I sleep with all of them.

Also I have a Sonic fleece blanket that I rarely use. But when I do use it I sleep with it.

I also tend to sometimes say goodnight to my plushies and my action figures. (For some odd reason.)

I also have the habit of buying anything. If Sonic's face is on it.

Well that's all I can think of for now.

I have a few REALLY shameful Sonic-related secrets / thoughts.

For one, I like Sonic and have hopes for it to be good again someday.

if anyone takes this seriously I swear to Chekov I'll cock your clock off

For real though, I think my most shameful secret is that I used to really like Sonic X back in the day. Similarly, I also really liked SatAM, and I also really liked the older ArchieSonic comics, even in the Penders dark ages (I was anywhere between 8 - 12 and didn't know any better, cut me some slack).

I could also probably rap you every Knuckles track and sing every god awful vocal song that this series pooped out between 1993 - 2008 or so. Related to that (as well as the Sonic X thing), I used to religiously listen to "Sonic DRIVE", the actually really dang cool Japanese opening theme for that pile of garbage. While that itself is not embarrassing (cuz Sonic DRIVE is freaking sweet) the real embarrassment about it is that I can totally sing it in Japanese. Weebazoo, confirmed.

I also used to really like Heroes, and thanks to it + SA2 + Sonic X I was transitioning from "really big Sonic fan" to "absolute Sonic nerd kid" around 10 or 11 and I liked making fan characters and writing poopy fan fiction comics. I also pretended to be my own fancharacter and posted on a Powerpuff Girls forum until I got banned (don't ask).

There's probably a lot more to this, but I honestly couldn't tell you at the moment because I can't remember. There's a lot of dumb stories to go on about this. lmao

Edited by Azoo
  • Thumbs Up 3

hoping nobody uses this against me...  °w°U

<//_//< suelia ver algo de Sonadow solo aveces.. aunque no me gusta mucho. DX solo lo veo por curiosidad!.....

sometimes.. i misspell Megaman X's by Sonic.... Sigma by Dr Eggman.. and even my dog! once i called it TAILS!

>//3//<  what a shame.. i'm crazy 8//~//8

and when i was a little girl, i though Knuckles was a mole.. since i didn't know what was an echidna..

or we just called him red Sonic... .. yeah :D

and when i was a child i created a Sister for Sonic..:D ahahh i didn't know i created my first Sonic fan character.. pfff

she was a female sonic with a little skirt and a ribbon on her head her name was Sonica  AHHH!!  X$

Edited by Drawloverlala
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sometimes I like reading dumb grimdark emo fanfics, because they're the complete opposite of the dull, boring, dispassionate crap we've been getting lately.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aside from Sonic Chronicles, I have never completed a handheld Sonic game. I always get stuck on a level.

Ah, I remember this thread. I thought it got lost along with several other threads that one fateful day... *Dramatic look*

Anyway, the most I can remember is that I used to go on the Sonic X forums on the now long-dead 4Kids website and I made a crappy fancharacter that was basically just Sonic but with a lighter shade of blue and a jacket. I remember using him in literally one post and then never mentioning him again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel as if I'm going to be judged like crazy if anyone reads this, but I got a Rouge plushie that I still take to bed with me like a small child would. Even better is the fact that instead of wondering what I'm going to do with it when I go to college, I'm trying to figure out how I can sneak it in with me with as little attention from my roomates as possible.

It may sound juvenile or crazy or whatever, but I like all of my plushies and I just grew to be pretty attached to this one in particular. I have a lot of trouble with other people, especially in real life, and this kinda thing is pretty important to someone like me. Haters gonna hate, potaters gonna potate. I'll wake up in the morning wishing I never said this, but there's my shameful Sanic related secret.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's see, shameful secrets... alright, here it goes.

Once upon a time I was a major fanboy of Penders and even a defender of his, and would even say stuff regarding his run that is eerily similar to his own miserable and self-serving defenses.

I was once a major fan of the fanfic A Sorceror, A Demon and Emeralds and would look for material pertaining to it wherever I could. I was also majorly into the grimdark side of things in the fandom, and I *still* look at the stuff from time to time.

And finally... I've unironically enjoyed Sonic Underground music. There, I said it.  

• Thumbs Up 4