Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

Now long out of my big Sonic phase, all of my current ocs, all humanoids, have gloves or some kind of glove-like wear. And I just know it's because of Sonic.

when I first started to play Sonic games and then Sonic Colors I started to have a crush on Sonic. I did because of his personality and how comfident and how big a heart he has. I still want to be just like him when I grow up but I dont have much a crush anymore since I am turning 18 soon and ... that would be wrong (大汗)

also i loooooooooooooveeee his new voice

Edited by Sonikku/

I take inspiration from Sonic characters. "What would Knuckles do?" Y'know?

Me even liking Sonic is a bit of a secret to begin with. 

ïEmbarassing eh ?

Before I knew Sonic I was your average loner freak who's super obbsessed with getting a friend (especially females), but Sonic (especially Aaron's Twitter antics) taught me to stop trying to get friends and just be happy with my own loneliness.

Why would you do this? Even Shadow has friends.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who remembers this awful thing?

BtfCfim.png

Well I used to love the fuck out of this shit, and the character I originally made, named "Shadik the Echidnahog", an extreme furthering of Sonic Underground's shipping of Sonia with Knuckles, was someone roboticised from the neck down, that also for some reason was faster than Sonic but had none of the accuracy, fought zombies infected with DUP, some kind of virus based off of a noise my friend used to make when he had nothing to say. This isn't made up, by the way, all of this was both real and stupid. Anyway, Shadic later became Shadik Hiviku, which looked like...

GKlrYTM.png

A jerkass with a gun. This one was a future traveler who believed Silver had been trapped in the past (seriously, he never goes back) and wanted to find him. However this guy just had a gun. He was not special in any way. This then progressed to Shadon Hiviku, which was...

l2TlVuM.png

...probably the most original it got. This guy was an agent of the Axis Energy Corporation, a company looking to claim the chaos emeralds for business purposes, powering the Axis Energy Mobility Enhancing Drive Gear (AMEDG, pronounced "Aim-Edge", no, really), which could amplify the user's abilities to that matching Sonic's own. It's excuse for not letting Sonic and co. have the emeralds (yeah, those guys are in the story now!) was "at least it's not in robotnik's hands".

At some point during middle school however I became sentient and stopped with all this nonsense. However, Axis Energy, the drive gear, and the universal nickname of "Shaddy" (or, going a year or two back, MasterShadic) shared by all these characters are still around. Axis and the Drive Gear are part of Enzo's family business in my comic, GBYU, and were invented by his father Brian. "Shaddy" remains my username when it isn't halloween and is the name of a character from GBYU.

So that's it. A six year legacy of awful ripoff characters, leading to some less stupid ideas coming out of it.

M9AghKy.png

(just a picture of Enzo because he uses the gear also I have not finished this image)

• Thumbs Up 6

My only secret would be that I got killed by the first Motobug in green hill about a year back. It's so embarrassing. <.>

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

My only secret would be that I got killed by the first Motobug in green hill about a year back. It's so embarrassing. <.>

I think that happened to me once too...

I don't think shadow (the game) is as bad as everyone says it is.  My least favorite sonic game is sonic labyinth.(This is not how you do non fast gameplay in a sonic game!:angry:)  I used to be obsesed with feished female chacters.  Also, i want a plushie or two(or all of them.)  I like sonamy and sharouge.  That's about it.

Shameful secret? Hmm...

Well, I used to "run like Sonic" in middle school when we did laps in gym. By running like Sonic, of course I mean throwing my arms back and just letting lose (footloose).

I even went far as joining the track team. I always ran like Sonic we we practiced and when we had competitions. I even won a couple running like that.

It's really embarrassing now that I remember how goofy it was... c:

Also, I consider Sonic X to be one of the best things Sonic-related out there. I love that show!

• Thumbs Up 1

While I've made no secret about this, I do admit that I feel a degree of shame for being a huge fan of Cream the Rabbit. I mean, I'm a male adult and of all the characters in this franchise, the girly and very cute six-year-old is one of my top favorites. Similar deal with Amy; I'm also a huge fan of her but I feel a degree of shame for it due to her being a girly and cute character and especially thanks to Amy's "flanderization" period giving her a very bad image that I don't think people are going to live down anytime soon.

Another shameful secret: I once thought up a fan character who has the origin of Shadow (artificial lifeform created by a Robotnik), the appearance of Tails (multi-tailed fox), and the powers of the Hulk (becomes more powerful with rage) and legitimately thought that it was a "good idea" for a character for quite a while. Thank GOD I learned eventually that it was a terrible character and didn't post any art or fics based on that abomination. I don't think I would've lived down such an embarrassment...

And just one more: I'm a very avid shipper for a pairing that I've noticed a LOT of people really don't like or support for a variety of logical reasons...

Tailream

The other day I got bored of Sonic Generations...and had twice as much fun with Shadow the Hedgehog - what a secret.

Shadow may have a terrible plot-hole filled story, but I'll take it over the plot nothingness seen in Generations.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wholeheartedly love Sonic 06.

No, this is legit. I really do love that game and would have preferred having mach speed sections/stages improved instead of boost being in the games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Years and years and years ago I got into a habit of pounding my fists together and cracking my knuckles all the time because it's what Knuckles would do.

Also on occasion, I'll sort of tap my foot on the ground the same way Sonic does. I still do these things as an adult.

And to be honest, I'd be more surprised if any Sonic fan didn't run like Sonic at one point or another hehe c:

Oh man I just remembered one, since I was a little boy, I'd always imagine Sonic running along the highway when we were out driving. I still sometimes do this too :,,)

Edited by monkokaio
  • Thumbs Up 4

When I first played Sonic 3 and Knuckles as a very young kid, since I didn't have the manual to let me know otherwise, I thought Knuckles was female because of his long hair (and the fact that on the Genesis he looked more pink than red), and I legit thought that "she" and Sonic were going to have a romance together once I got past the Barrel in Carnival Night.

Yes, really.

• Thumbs Up 3

I used to like Sonic Heroes. Then I got the game. In all seriousness all of my more embarrassing secrets are either buried in a landfill or something that I don't realize I still do, like when I run I tend to keep my fists in a position like Knuckles (and that's when I run, not jog).

When I first played Sonic 3 and Knuckles as a very young kid, since I didn't have the manual to let me know otherwise, I thought Knuckles was female because of his long hair (and the fact that on the Genesis he looked more pink than red), and I legit thought that "she" and Sonic were going to have a romance together once I got past the Barrel in Carnival Night.

Yes, really.

Oh that's okay! I used to think Tails was a girl, and Amy was an Echidna.

AND I was one of those people to pronounce "Echidna" as "Enchilada". xD

• Thumbs Up 3

Guess it's also worth pointing out the final boss music for Sonic 2 scared the living... Everything out of me for whatever reason.

To this day I still can't really stand that music. It doesn't scare me as it did back then but something about it just, dunno. Don't like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Back when I was a kid, me, my sis, and our gaggle of friends used to RP as our Sonic fan characters and fight all Dragon Ball Z style in my front yard, mostly attacking me. For some reason I became the stapled "bad guy" of the group lol.

We were pretty loud too...neighbors must of hated us...didn't help that we did this every weekend..

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've honestly never liked Sonic 2 all that much. It's easily my least favorite of the original trilogy. It's a good game of course, and there's nothing really "wrong" with it (except the special stages, screw those). There are just more than a handful of Sonic games I enjoy playing more than it.

I used to think the same of Sonic CD, but then I played the remake, and that made it jump pretty far up my list. Too bad the other two Taxman remasters aren't on Steam. I don't like the touchscreen controls at all.

Edited by Weedy Speedy
  • Thumbs Up 3

I tried to write Fanfiction crossing over Sonic and the Powerpuff Girls when I was 13.

It wasn't good.

Do you still have it somewhere?

I like Sonic '06 more than Sonic Unleashed.

I like Sonic 2 more than Sonic 3.

And I really don't like Sonic CD.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll say it: I really don't have a problem with Sonic games being "edgy". I have a problem with it when it's shitty, but I don't have any issue with things getting strange or dark in normally happy series. I like the psychedelic fucked up final bosses in old Kirby games. I like the fucked up bits of the Zelda games. I like the darker implications about the lore in Mario and Pokemon. I don't see why Sonic games get so much shit when only one game really did it any worse than the others, and I honestly wish that every character was more emotional, on both ends of the spectrum. Not to ridiculous measures, but whether human or hedgehog, real or fictional, people are still people, and if a game's writing or tone doesn't respect that, it really takes me out of the experience. That is why I so fucking love the Sonic comics from #160-#247, because while I prefer the newniverse's lore and world building, the old world's character portrayals are much better.

Also I read some of the back pages of this topic and Jesus Christ, y'all got chapped dicks from all this sanic fapping

Edited by Shaddy Joestar Dreemurr
  • Thumbs Up 7

I started a fresh file for SA2 (Steam version) on Thanksgiving day, and as of this writing I have 172 out of 180 emblems on that save file. I don't know what that says about me really lmao, other than I'm really good at this game! Ftr the only things I have left to do is A-Rank Cannon's Core and finish the chao emblems.

• I keep a Sonic and Caliburn Jazware figure on my Computer Desk
  • Neo Metal Sonic gave me goosebumps as a kid.
  • Silver's one of my favorite Sonic character.
  • I had no clue there were Sonic Comic Books until I played Sonic Mega Collection Plus.
  • Sonic X was my first exposure to Sonic.
  • Thumbs Up 4

I thought the final ending to Sonic Heroes was in the Team Sonic story as a kid with little knowledge on the internet.

I also believed the true ending of Shadow was in the True Hero pathway, so I tried my hardest to make it there as a little boy. Made it to semi-hero.

• Thumbs Up 1