Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

I actually just remembered that when I had no contact with any primary-school friends, I would get a cardboard box turn it into a crudely-drawn Eggmobile.

I would then go on to play with myself.

Do I even need to say...NOT in that way? :P

• Thumbs Up 2

The 2 player Emerald Hill music is more iconic to me than the 1 player Emerald Hill music.

• Thumbs Up 3

- I dislike Mighty, don't know why, I just do.

- Silver supporter.

- Played Sonic '06 the most, second to Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and SEGA All-Stars Racing.

- Fapped to Blaze pronz.

- Prefer to play Sonic Rush and/or Rivals than Advance.

- Never played the Adventure series on the Dreamcast since I never have the console.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was a rampant Sonic/Amy fan and, on the other side of the coin, a rampant Sonic/Sally hater. I even managed to start a flame war on Deviant Art. To be completely honest I didn't mean to, but I did make a bunch of people mad. Some time way later I apologized for my pettiness to the artist. I looked back at all of the nonsense placed on her comment area and felt rather bad for it. She drew a nice Sonic/Sally piece and no talented artist deserves a pile of shit on their page. In the end, she accepted my apology and it went well.

I lost the account I had with SoaH City by flaming the mods. Yup. I flamed the moderators. But honestly, this forum is way better.

... Lastly, I, sadly, admit to writing an AFWUL Sonic/Amy piece. I shudder to think about it; in fact, I tend to push it to the back of my mind whenever it comes to the surface. Yes, it's THAT bad. It involves a 14/15/16/I can't remember year old Amy deciding to wear jeans, a tube-top, and a pink thong to show Sonic how she's grown up, then there was fondling. The plot twist was supposed to be that it was really Metal Sonic. I swear it was not a lemon and it was left unfinished. I think the blasted thing needs to be burned! Somehow I managed to get 20 reviews and even some constructive criticism before deciding to NEVER attempt Sonic fanfiction again.

Oh yeah, I think Super Sonic Racing is the best Sonic track ever made. TJ Davis please come back!

• Thumbs Up 1

I like SatAM's Sonic more than any other version of the character. Why is this odd? Because a lot of people dislike this rendition of Sonic, even exclusive SatAM fans. However, I think there's more to him than his idiotic moments and 90's camp that a lot of people tend to ignore, like his cleverness (particularly in season 1) and the fact that he can be pretty darn nice to his pals. Even pretty forgiving (see: Warp Sonic).

I dunno. I just feel odd about it because these days there are many adamant fans who dislike SatAM and especially its Sonic. Dx 'course, I wouldn't call this a secret, either. I even RP the guy on LJ.

EDIT: Now for some more secretive stuff...

I used to hate on Amy a lot. Like... to a point where I drew awful OOC art of her. Nowadays I don't hate her. She's endearing, but I'm not a big SonAmy fan. Truth be told, I'm not much of a shipper outside of SatAM-based SonSal, but the rabid SonAmy fans online that bash SatAM and Sally get to me.

I also really liked Shadow the Hedgehog when it first came out and was pretty into Underground for a little while.

Edited by Mega

I even RP the guy on LJ.

This is awesome. LJ needs more SatAM RPers =D Do you RP in the dressing room comms, or in pan-fandom RPs, or dear mun, or what?

Edit: Ah, saw the sig. Route 29. Cool (:

I'm not really much of a shipper but I honestly do support SonicxRouge (Sonouge) maybe it's the Dateing Catwoman thing I don't know but I just love this odd little pairing.

once a friend asked if i could look up some pics of jet and wave "together" and i found a website with alot of pics like that and strangley found myself returnig to that website occasionally

This is awesome. LJ needs more SatAM RPers =D Do you RP in the dressing room comms, or in pan-fandom RPs, or dear mun, or what?

Edit: Ah, saw the sig. Route 29. Cool (:

I also RP in a dressing room, too! It's called specialzone if you ever wanna check it out. :D

I've never beaten Sonic 1 or Sonic 2 without cheating.

...can I still call myself a fan?

I don't really have any "shameful secrets", I'm a pretty open person. :P Although here are some things that are more guilty pleasures of mine:

I absolutely love Sonic Heroes. I'd put it at about the same level as SA2, or maybe even a little higher. I understand that the whole "team gameplay" didn't work for everyone, but it definitely did for me.

I'm a fan of Marine. I didn't find her annoying at all in Sonic Rush Adventure and thought she was actually pretty amusing.

I like the song "Escape from the City" and all, but I actually much prefer the instrumental version from the SA2 trial.

I like Sonic Advance 3 way more than the first two.

I might post more later if I can think of them.

Is this shameful? I'd glady pop on my iPod and listen to either the US or Japan Sonic CD soundtracks, I find them both very enjoyable.

I feel somewhat ashamed for being a Sonic fan because I feel inferior to those that seem to have better reasons for disliking it than I do for liking it. It's not like I don't think the series has flaws, but I just like what I like I guess. There's not a lot of Sonic music I hate, but that might be because I'm not good at judging music and just listen to what my ears like. I feel somewhat ashamed of this because I feel kinda overpowered by people with different opinions for some reason.

I feel somewhat ashamed for being a Sonic fan because I feel inferior to those that seem to have better reasons for disliking it than I do for liking it. It's not like I don't think the series has flaws, but I just like what I like I guess. There's not a lot of Sonic music I hate, but that might be because I'm not good at judging music and just listen to what my ears like. I feel somewhat ashamed of this because I feel kinda overpowered by people with different opinions for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

I often act Elitist in random commentaries sections like TSSZ just to piss off other people who are clearly ignorant/fanboys.

...Wait, that's not shameful X)

• Thumbs Up 1

*Scans internal memory*

Nope, even my IRL friends know I'm a Sonic Amy fan, and while I'm not ashamed, but actually proud of it, my obsession for Macross usually ends up overshadowing that to the point it's almost non-existant for them, until they see the Jazwares Amy figure on top of a YF-19.

It should also be noted that I had a crush on Sonic when I was a kid. Not really something I'm that ashamed of, I was a kid for crying out loud! XD

I also use KEGA fusion to play all the old Sonic Games, I know it's illegal but I loved every ROM I got (except for Labyrith, I have never hated a game so much in my life)so much that I recently bought A megadrive/Mega CD (but despite Shadster's help the bloody thing is still not working, My dad said something about the game only appearing on the old channels and will rendered useless once the great digital switchover comes along)

You have no idea how many funny looks I got when I bought it and 'what the hell is a 16 year-old girl doing with a Mega Drive?! She should be in Primark!'.

I don't care I love retro games as much as the newer ones, I don't care about the visual stuff (unless it hinders gameplay) just give me something that's entertaining and i'll play it, I loved Knuckles Chaotix, MJ's Moonwalker, Sonic CD and I don't care if they were all made before I was born they're entertaining.

I know it's not a shameful secret exclusively here and other Sonic fansites but outside it is.

Back in late '07 or so (sometime before the forum wipe) I bumped the Sonic 2006 review topic with the longest post I have ever written anywhere on the internet. What makes this post shameful is every word of it was defending 06 to the extent of calling it the best Sonic game to date and on par with the classics. Oh to be young and ignorant again. Still like the game though

Also another little something I've never told anyone, I used to write a fanfiction that was a giant crossover between multiple animes and video games. A few Sonic aspects of it include Sonic being able to perform the Kamehameha and having his own Final Flash ripoff as Super Sonic which was called the Sonic Boom. He and Tails were also students of the Master Roshi and trained along side Goku, Krillin, Agumon (Digmon) and Metabee (Medabots). I was quite the fanatic when I was younger :lol: I still like to think about it every now and then but I never put anything to writing.

130814869713.gif

I'm watching you...

Love when you say that because we both know how that ended up last time.

Anyway only thing I'm really ashamed was not joining the Sonic forums earlier, pretty much one of the few things uppon which I procrastinated the longest... (the revival of the Macross franchise around 1999 (and a legal battle that gave me a wound that up to this day has not healed) with new figures, a new OVA in 2002 and a new TV show in 2008 almost made me forgot about Sonic)

Edit: Might as well do a list of stuff I am not ashamed of:

-I prefer the Advance games over the classic trilogy anyday.

-For that matter I also prefer Amy's advance 1 gameplay style since I find it much more fun and endearing than Sonic's to the point I only play the classic Sonic 1 & 2 with the hacks made by E-122 Psi (probably because I'm more of a fan of 2-D hack-n-slash games like Ninja Gaiden and Strider Hiryu)

-I find the "classic trio" of S/T/K as a forced concept since it lacks a heart that keeps the team together, and despise it for excluding said heart (Amy). I prefer a full team of S/T/A/K.

-I honestly belive that Eggman is the sexiest (and fastest) thing alive.

-Johny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Metal Sonic

-I enjoy drawing crack couples, and even when some of the last pics I made kind of push things (mainly a Vectowser pic as well as a Blazamy that got me an infraction at the SoA forums), I still can't see myself doing the more hardcore stuff.

Will add more later on.

Edited by Skull Leader
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ashamed of:

I was a diehard shadow fanboy when I was younger

I jack off to BigxEggman pr0n

Being apart of this hell hole of a fanbase

Once imagined Vanilla the Rabbit as a prostitute

Not ashamed of:

I see the advance games as the true golden trio (fuck off classics)

I tend to favor the girls over the guys for the most part when it comes to the series (Team Jubilee > Unbreakable Bond)

I find the adventure games to be highly overrated

Honestly believe that Cheese is the ultimate lifeform (closely followed by Big the Cat)

I plan on boycotting Generations if the 3DS version is as bad as it is now

I ship KCGxEverything

worst of all I was a member of the sega forums
Edited by Cero
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't think SatAM is that good it's okay but no where near the godlike status people put it in.

This does remind of that one thread were people voted who I should be with...

That was a glorious thread.

Anyhoo, shameful things? I like ShTH, '06, and Chronicles.