Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Is it me, or is the optimism dying a bit in this thread. Uh...uh...Someone show something positive about Sonic Generations.

The TSS preview calls it a "really choppy game"

What?

It doesn't look choppy, and I thought they only found it choppy when in 3D. Nobody else has complained about it yet.

Comments:

Segaaaa, don't let them win. :<

Darned Iizuka with his floaty Colors controls. >3> *runs*

Those people just fucking take whatever they can wring out to bash the game, don't they? That goes beyond nitpicking, that's being straight up oversensitive.

Sonic Unleashed was laggy as fuck in the E3 version of Apatos. I'm not worried in the slightest, especially considering the E3 build of the game is a pre-beta version.

Is it me, or is the optimism dying a bit in this thread. Uh...uh...Someone show something positive about Sonic Generations.

The optimism dying? I think the initial luster of finally getting a new trailer is wearing off. Most people still seem positive. I imagine it'll come back a bit when we get more hands-on gameplay vids.

What's that sizzling noise I hear. Oh yeah, it's the optimism in this thread drying up :(

Wow. He played for like 3 minutes and is so eager to be like "aw shit game'll suck JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER SONICS DERP." Do people not take into account you have to adjust to controls? Do people take into account its not going to be 1:1 like the Genesis games, but represent the core concepts? People are WAAAY too eager to throw Sonic under the bus these days.

Wow. He played for like 3 minutes and is so eager to be like "aw shit game'll suck JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER SONICS DERP." Do people not take into account you have to adjust to controls? Do people take into account its not going to be 1:1 like the Genesis games, but represent the core concepts? People are WAAAY too eager to throw Sonic under the bus these days.

He doesn't hate Sonic, in fact he's one of the people who went up in fucking arms to defend Sonic 4, even after it's backlash. You can hear him say "Can Sonic get 2 great games in a row? I don't think so with this one" Look not to say I agree with him, but he's certainly no Sonic hater

What's that sizzling noise I hear. Oh yeah, it's the optimism in this thread drying up :(
And it's not even my fault this time.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think Stuttering Craig tells these people what they want to hear since most of them is only looking at the impression video to bash Sonic.

We should wait for more previews and impressions so more people can confirmed this.

That's because you let Stuttering's Craig opinion of the game gets to you. I'm still optimistic about the game.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

*Huge sigh of relief*

THANK GOD. :)

LOL, well, now you know ;)

So apparently the framerate sucks at certain points. I really hope they fix that shit. If they can do that, then... 60 fps maybe??

Honestly, it looks pretty damn smooth in motion.

I think Stuttering Craig tells these people what they want to hear since most of them is only looking at the impression video to bash Sonic.

We should wait for more previews and impressions so more people can confirmed this.

Ugh, I'll say it again, SCREWATTACK DOESN'T HATE SONIC!!!! Like I said Craig was on high toes to defend Sonic 4, even after it's backlash.

Again, I don't agree with him, but he's not a Sonic hater.

Craig is the first person I've heard yet to complain about Genesis Sonic being too "floaty". So far, I've heard it plays just like Classic Sonic, only his jump has a bit more weight to it (which is the polar opposite of being "floaty") and the fact that you can use an instant spin-dash with the square button. He even seemed reluctant to say it was bad, which I highly doubt it will be.

Keep in mind, this build is a PRE-BETA; the build is from a stage when the game was very early development, and it's pretty flawed. Personally, I think they should have brought a better build to E3 in the first place to show people how good the game could be, but nonetheless, that's what they did. Keep that in mind guys.

Honestly, it looks pretty damn smooth in motion.

The framerate chugs with the 3D mode turned on.

Totally surprised SEGA didn't mention 3D before. How awesome is this going to look with the 3D turned right up, eh?

ComboCHOMP.gif

Edited by Blue Blood

And it's not even my fault this time.

Its because we've seen nothing new yet.

The City Escape trailer...was a trailer.

We need to see more gameplay through E3 and Sonic Boom.

He doesn't hate Sonic, in fact he's one of the people who went up in fucking arms to defend Sonic 4, even after it's backlash. You can hear him say "Can Sonic get 2 great games in a row? I don't think so with this one" Look not to say I agree with him, but he's certainly no Sonic hater

Oh, I know he's not a hater. But he reached a fairly swift conclusion of the game based solely on controls, which take time to adjust to, especially in comparison to similar games in the same franchise(Sonic Advance 1, 2 and 3 all control differently for e.g) I just feel because of Sonic's track record, people in general are just incredibly quick to just be like "standard shitty Sonic," when any kind of problem arises and people will quickly use this as evidence of misplaced hope in yet another Sonic title.

And if he's fine with Sonic 4 even now, I don't even know what to say.

Ugh, I'll say it again, SCREWATTACK DOESN'T HATE SONIC!!!! Like I said Craig was on high toes to defend Sonic 4, even after it's backlash.

Again, I don't agree with him, but he's not a Sonic hater.

I'VE NEVER SAID THAT THEY DID!!!! It seems like they've hated Sonic before anyway. It's cool and all that he's still defending Sonic 4 before and after it's release and Sonic 4 floaty controls is much more noticeable, too.

BTW, even if Classic Sonic has little bit of floatyness, judging from the footage classic Sonic's gameplay STILL looks like it plays more like a classic game then Sonic 4 ever hope to achieve.

Edited by sonfan1984

Sonic Stadium: CIty Escape Eyes on Preview

Nuckles87 and I have just finished a behind closed doors looks at the City Escape level from Sonic Generations. Playing the game for everyone was producer Takashi Iizuka. There were a few surprises in store.

He first played through as classic Sonic who avoids the street almost entirely. Running and jumping around constructions areas and over rooftops. There’s a more classic version of “Escape from the City” playing with lyrics. (NOTE: Both versions have a brand new remix. Modern version has extra new lyrics.) Throughout the classic level, the GUN truck was chasing little classic Sonic both in and around backgrounds, giving the 2-D levels more of a 3-D look. Classic Sonic did ride on a board similar to the ice level from Sonic 3. Unfortunately, he quit the level before getting to the end.

The truck was very persistent, as he then was following Modern Sonic. His level plays very similar to the Dreamcast version as he rides the blade and follows almost the exact same path. The big difference is Unleashed-style gameplay coming into effect. Guess who makes a return to tell you what to do? That’s right. Just like in the original version, Omachao is back. The badniks in both levels are the same mechs from the original SA2 and you homing attack though them in the same way. Along the way, you can see missing posters. I noticed one had a picture of Ray and Mighty, while the other had Bean and Bark. At the end, the GUN truck is chasing you down, similarly to SA2, only this bad boy has friggin’ sawblades sticking out all over! Iizuka died when he ran too slow on the side of a wall and the truck hit him.

1- I WANT TO HEAR THAT

2- I hope I can beat up Omochao again :P

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

You guys are actually listening to what Craig from ScrewAttack,one the most obnoxious,annoying and stupid internet celebritys is saying? :huh:

Guys if Jason and Nuckles87 say the physics are great then they're great.Don't let that idiot diminish your enthusiasm for this awesome game :D

I repeat what i said in my topic: Critics are idiots when evaluating Sonic Games.

Edited by pppp

I wonder if Omochao is also in the classic version (he didn't get mentioned there).

Also, I can totally picture a modern Sonic player grabbing an omochao before the truck chase and...

*truck gets near Sonic*

Sonic: Woah, I didn't remember that truck being so fast!

Omochao: You seem to have gained a little weight, maybe you should lose some... Or press the boo-

Sonic: Good idea!

*Sonic throws Omochao at the truck*

*Omochao gets destroyed by the saws*

Omochao: (crippled voice) YoU Are SO MeAn!

• Thumbs Up 5