Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

By the way, did they press release any new high-rendered character art for the game?

that truck had a serious hard on 4 classic

wouldn't be surprised if a retro fan was behind the wheel

Why would a retro fan try to kill Classic Sonic? It's clearly some modern fan who got fed up with people whining about green eyes.

Edited by Preston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why would a retro fan try to kill Classic Sonic?

Because he's *gasp* in a real world like city. :rolleyes:

We can't have that now can we?

Why would a retro fan try to kill Classic Sonic?

they prolly just want capture him and the only way to do that is by hitting him with a giant semi truck moving at ridiculously high speeds

Edited by i don't like pie

At the end, the GUN truck is chasing you down, similarly to SA2, only this bad boy has friggin’ sawblades sticking out all over! Iizuka died when he ran too slow on the side of a wall and the truck hit him.

This is the one time I ever wanna hear swearing in a Sonic game, think about it:

"Heh, the gun truck huh? Just like old ti- HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT?!" *hauls ass in boost mode*

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 6

You mean that truck can actually kill you? I've never actually died from that truck in SA2.

• Thumbs Up 1

What is this about Mighty appearing on a poster too? You all doubted and now you can suck it! And did you guys see the Chao in Space 2 poster, it has billing for like 10 characters including Chip and Tikal.

Man, I love that trailer! City Escape is definitely one of my top faves from the Dreamcast era, so I'm glad to see that it made it in (although it was pretty much expected at this point). The skateboarding parts with Classic Sonic look really fun!

Also, I'm really happy that Rooftop Run is getting put in as well. Especially if you look at my member title which I haven't changed in over 2 years. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Hype meter went down after reading about the controls and i'm kind of worried about the level selections they made. Someone would wonder who the fuck did this whole research thing to decide which stages were liked best overall. CIty escape and green hill get mij aproval, but honestly for unleashed, even if I wouldn't want anything from that game, they could've picked something less bland than spogonia imo and divide the variation alot more. I would've been fine with adabat or chunnan.

Again I really wonder what this whole research BS is and what kind of fans they consulted in the process if there is not going to be an ICe cap or any other of the so many good choices they could have made instead of 4 friggin city tropes and some stages that look exactly the same and don't feel unique to games we had few years ago.

I have a weird feeling that this guy who baced his conclusions on the jazzawares may have been right.

TL;DR

The level picks could really kill the game for me.

Edited by Jaouad

Guys, there's something to keep in mind while reading these previews: Sonic controls very uniquely in the classic games, and not all reporters are going to think the controls in Sonic 1-3K were as perfect as we do. Stuttering Craig defended Sonic 4 to the point that I felt like he was an idiot, either pretending the objective problems didn't exist or not perceiving their presence to begin with. All we can really do is wait for a retro fan to play the game. Remember, classic controls are not a happy medium for everyone, and Sonic's "floatiness" in the classics may be hard for some people to adjust to. It's possible the controls are spot on; the problem is that nobody but us would really know that. That said, I guess we find out on Wednesday. ;)

Also, regarding the "delay", I call bullshit. Nobody else ever reported that, and even Sonic 06's controls, with all of their problems, were at least responsive. Let's not forget the Destructoid and GT reviews for Colors either, stating that the game had delayed controls. When I heard that, I literally paused the video, turned on the game, and watched very intently as I pushed the 2 button. Guess what happened? Sonic jumped. Instantly.

That's what I thought too. Maybe Craig grew so accustomed to the Sonic 4 controls that anything resembling the classic controls felt foreign to him. We won't know until tomorrow.

Stuttering Craig defended Sonic 4 to the point that I felt like he was an idiot, either pretending the objective problems didn't exist or not perceiving their presence to begin with. All we can really do is wait for a retro fan to play the game.

What did he say about it?

Cloverdox you really crack me up dude. That tree acturaay makes the stage uniquee!!

I think the reason Sega chose Rooftop run was because of this:

No, I'm being serious. This was like the first real trailer that showed off what the engine could do. Back in the summer of '08, how many of us were blown away by this trailer, with it's sheer speed and all the solid buildings in the background, pretty much declaring to the heavens that Sonic was back? I know I did. Rooftop run is pretty much the stage that defines Unleashed for some people.

• Thumbs Up 7

What did he say about it?

Don't remember, unfortunately. I just remember getting annoyed.

No, I'm being serious. This was like the first real trailer that showed off what the engine could do. Back in the summer of '08, how many of us were blown away by this trailer, with it's sheer speed and all the solid buildings in the background, pretty much declaring to the heavens that Sonic was back? I know I did. Rooftop run is pretty much the stage that defines Unleashed for some people.

I don't where you're getting that from but then again I wasn't a member here at those times. Personally it was adabat, holoska and chunnan that blew me away, but hey whatever. I still wonder where SEGA based their picks off. Iizuka said in interviews that it was based on SEGA internals and feedback. The outcome being spagonia, I never knew people loved spagonia most of all unleashed's stages.

Edited by Jaouad

I agree with this man and everything he has said.

• Thumbs Up 1

Suddenly Rooftop Run is considered a shitty stage.

I don't get it. It was one of my favorite day stages from Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 3

There could be cultural reasons for picking Spagonia. City Escape represents the US since it's based off of San Francisco, and Spagonia represents the UK since it's based off of London. It could be a nod from Sega to both the US and the UK since both countries are the biggest supporters of the Sonic series.

I still would've preferred Chun-Nan, but I guess I'm fine with Spagonia.

I like Spagonia. It almost sounds like spaghetti.

And I love spaghetti. Therefore, I love Spagonia.

• Thumbs Up 5

Inferno has a very good point. Spagonia was the first real showcase of the game, (the Mazuri trailer was kinda pants in comparison), the subsequent start of an awesome hype machine, and that honor still transcends into general favoritism for the level today. The bit where Sonic's on a vertical rail and you can see all of the rooftops made me nostalgia. Summer and fall of 2008 was a great period. It's not my personal favorite, but I can see now why they included it.

Now, no more city stages, okay? :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys stop talking about the goddamn roof tree. We talked so much about Sonic's derp face in the Unleashed intro they changed it. If I get this game at the end of the year and they've removed the roof tree because everyone wouldn't shut up about it I'm going to cry and it'll be all your faults.

• Thumbs Up 2