Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

good old uncurling.

I don't know if I should feel bad for myself or feel bad for others over the fact that I didn't notice it after watching it over and over.

Well there's probably going to be two of something, so it's either that or whatever game they decide to make another level from if it happens.

There's going to be two Sonic's.

If they hope to cover 20 years, you should bet your bottom dollar (pound?) that they won't be using precious content space for two levels from one game.

I find it kind of funny that he was plain bad on the modern gameplay. It kind of hurt to watch him play that for the last 15-20 seconds of that video. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know if I should feel bad for myself or feel bad for others over the fact that I didn't notice it after watching it over and over.

theres no unique animation like in Sonic 4 so its less obvious. And rolling looks slow again.

This video made me realize that I am plain sick of Green Hill Zone. I don't know if it's because the for the 3DS layout is uninspired, but damn. It's not even nostalgic anymore.

That 3DS gameplay looked okay IMO. Obviously not done yet but I like it.

theres no unique animation like in Sonic 4 so its less obvious. And rolling looks slow again.

This video made me realize that I am plain sick of Green Hill Zone. I don't know if it's because the for the 3DS layout is uninspired, but damn. It's not even nostalgic anymore.

It certainly has had its designs used a lot lately, but you can forgive it for being Sonic's 20th anniversary, right? Of all places and times, this is the right moment to have Green Hill Zone be featured.

I know what you mean. Green Hill Zone looks awesome in the console Generations, but on the 3DS it just seems kind of boring. :\ Hopefully it's not this way for every level...

• Thumbs Up 1

Modern gameplay>Classic gameplay on the 3ds

Classic looked awful, theres no way around it

• Thumbs Up 2

I just wanted to drop in and say that I am not suddenly changing in my stance. My favorite levels in Unleashed have always been, and still are Arid Sands and Eggmanland. I'd probably like Rooftop Run if I didn't die there 100,000 times on each playthrough. Freakin rail lasers :|

So you died 100,000 times on Rooftop Run and dislike it because of that, but Eggmanland, a considerably harder stage full of 10x as much bullshit is one of your absolute favorites in the entire game?

Huh.

• Thumbs Up 3

There's going to be two Sonic's.

If they hope to cover 20 years, you should bet your bottom dollar (pound?) that they won't be using precious content space for two levels from one game.

I'll leave some doubt in it. I'm not a person who goes by absolutes unless directly told by the makers themselves.

Just watched the 3DS footage.

The first act is literally the exact same as the first act of Green Hill Zone from Sonic 1, layout and everything.

Sonic Classics Collection 3DS confirmed.

Let's play a game. In this video, four things are representative of Generations and my reaction: the teaser trailer, Generations 3DS, the Chomper chase scene, and the first gameplay trailer.

Can you guess what represents what?

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I get that Werehog plushie? Please? It'll take away the pain of Classic Sonic head on Modern Sonic body.

And hai, Yuji Naka!

rooftoptress.png

This is such a big contradiction that I may need 2D glasses to comprehend it.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've never been a fan of City Escape especially going down those really steep roads. I could never get that right. I think the classic rendition would be more entertaining for me. I'd have picked something else over that to include from Sonic Adventure 2. I would have gone for Pyramid Cave.

Rooftop Run rings alarm bells too. I only recently got to play that level for the first time, and I played it several times before I finally got to beat it. I found it hard. Not my favourite.

Not really the best start but time will tell and we'll see what other levels make the grade.

We only needed to know the upcoming figures from Jazwares to know that those were in the game. Speaking of, that would pretty much confirm Sky Sanctuary, since Egg Robos are a comin too

That sucks that City Escape is restricted to an eyes-on preview only played by Iizuka. I was really hoping to see more footage of that, since we've only seen Green Hill Zone up until now. Oh well, hopefully they'll show more in the next couple of months.

Also, Rush physics and uncurling in the Classic Sonic gameplay in the 3DS version after all of the Sonic 4: Ep 1 complaints is a big disappointment.

Wow the Modern Green Hill gameplay in the PS360 version....I didn't know you could stomp through thr floor, that certainly is new....

Looks fantastic.

Edited by Scar

The 3DS Modern Sonic gameplay doesn't look that bad, I was expecting worse since it was Dimps...

I don't know about the Classic gameplay though. I need to hear more feedback from it.