Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

IGN footage. Posted yet?

EDIT: Woah! What the hell happens at 0:32 of C.Sonic footage?

Edited by Blue Blood

Here's a funny picture to cheer everyone up

sonicfunnypic.jpg

But in all honesty even though Classic Sonic's model looks great, there's still some flaws

It'd be cool if somebody asked if there are any humans appearing in the game, and what role the story will play as the player progresses through the game.

What the heck? Classic's leg is coming out from his stomach???? Now I've seen everything :blink:

Bouncy spikes?

Does anyone know what that red thing was around the 51 seconds mark of the City Escape trailer?

Bouncy spikes?

Does anyone know what that red thing was around the 51 seconds mark of the City Escape trailer?

Bouncy spikes?

Edited by RaptorRampage

*looks at the GameSpot feed*

Generations followed by SSX followed by Skyward Sword? Brilliant.

*goes to grab snacks*

Yep! Sonic Generations Room E3 Video, GO:

There, a man sits in the 3D glasses, cute!

Edited by Woun

Ugh the 3DS version is probably one of the worst Sonic titles I've seen in ages. Even Sonic Rush controlled more fluidly and at least flowed from one thing to another. There were barley any layers of the level, Sonic looked like he controlled like a brick, the boost has an incredibly static max speed, no concept of momentum, the entire stage is empty, and everything is BOOOST BOOST BOOST. It's like Rivals and Sonic Unleashed Wii had an asshole of a child. The only thing I can say is the totem part was original.

How does Dimps get worse with every game they make? I know that's them making it. It reeks of the Unwiished team.

I also spotting some odd things going on in the console versions, but nothing major that couldn't be tweaked. The biggest thing though is how modern Sonic could work better without the boost and instead was just given a beefed up spindash. Sonic in 3D would be more easily controlled and we could have much bigger and better 3D portions other than go fast and run into bad guys. Without the boost in certain sections the game started acting up. Though it was nice to see much more of how layered Green Hill was. Much larger than I previously thought.

So far the console version looks like its coming along but I still have issues with modern Sonic. The 3DS version looks worse than Sonic 4.

Edited by Tiller

Anyone else notice the Red Ring in the platforms the truck chases C.Sonic through at 35 seconds?

Bouncy spikes?

Edited by DC111

I can't see anything red other than the red springs before the wall.

Watching those few seconds over and over, I noticed there's a spring sound effect after Sonic hits that robot. Why do they keep adding the wrong sounds to these trailers?

IGN footage. Posted yet?

Huh, I didn't know attendees could bring their children to play the games on display.

On the subject of Generations 3DS, it looks like DIMPs post-SRA quality continues to slide ever further down.

Edited by Ekaje

I'm sure he is talking about this.

Unfortunately I have no idea what is the name of this thing in English xD. To me it looks like some kind of horizontal bar.

sonicgenusmovsnapshot00.jpg

There were similar things in Sa2, SNG, Unleashed and some other games.

Edited by ArtFenix

Here's a funny picture to cheer everyone up

sonicfunnypic.jpg

But in all honesty even though Classic Sonic's model looks great, there's still some flaws

It's not that Classic Sonic's design can't translate in 3D. It's the way the animators are making him run. If you watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AFM5jrA3sU, you can see his legs stay strictly bellow his belly. The model in the video establishes that there's a limited range in which Sonic's legs can move.

Not that this is the first time Classic Sonic's legs phased up to his belly.

You can't see it? It stood out to me first time i watched it.

A danger sign. There's a few of them in front of pits. Here's a better look:

dangersign.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure he is talking about this.

Unfortunately I have no idea what is the name of this thing in English xD. To me it looks like some kind of horizontal bar.

sonicgenusmovsnapshot00.jpg

There were similar things in Sa2, SNG, Unleashed and some other games.

That thing on the upper right looks like some sort stage object/gimmick

As I have said about this new video:

Yep! Sonic Generations Room E3 Video, GO:

There, a man sits in the 3D glasses, cute!

All probably already know that Sonic Generations, support for 3D.

So, consider:

214q.png

Heh, heard some rings being collected around the part they were presenting Asura's Wrath in GameSpot's terrible streaming. :D

A danger sign. There's a few of them in front of pits. Here's a better look:

dangersign.png

Thanks for that, Blue. :D

Thanks for that, Blue. :D

:D

Soooo happy that this game is supporting 3D. Even though it's merely an extra, it's a very cool one and it'll be particularly amazing for M.Sonic. Chopper chase? The truck? Shit's going to be amazing.