Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

E3 interview with Patrick Riley:

News that was included:

-The game will have a light story (ugh)

-Fan feedback influenced this game extremely heavily, more so than past titles (no duh)

-Headgehog Engine confirmed, but it has been improved upon since the advent of Unleashed

-They ARE SHOWING ANOTHER STAGE, but it's behind closed doors at the moment

-He still only says it will be available for PS3/360, despite the 3DS version being confirmed and rumors of a PC and PSVita version

Sadly, right now, that's all I got =/

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 4

LOL at Sonic on the far left screen. He's bored outta his mind hearing the guy talk. :P

Thanks for the upload EXshad. :)

Edited by DragonSoul

Good ol Riley mentioned the PC right before the Xbox 360 and PS3, dunno if that was a mistake or kind of a confirmation but he just wasn't allowed to say it yet and silenced the "PC" kind of when he noticed what he was saying.

Patrick Riley said PC before quickly correcting himself with 'PS3!' :P did he just let it slip?! He really looked like he was thinking about what he could say before actually answering the question

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by ENVY

E3 interview with Patrick Riley:

News that was included:

-The game will have a light story (ugh)

-Fan feedback influenced this game extremely heavily, more so than past titles (no duh)

-Headgehog Engine confirmed, but it has been improved upon since the advent of Unleashed

-They ARE SHOWING ANOTHER STAGE, but it's behind closed doors at the moment

-He still only says it will be available for PS3/360, despite the 3DS version being confirmed and rumors of a PC and PSVita version

Sadly, right now, that's all I got =/

• Thumbs Up 2

Because its not going to be good because of it right <_<

I can hear the Adventure Fanboys crying "WE WANT DARK STORY" already.

I don't mind a lighter story as long as it's handled better then Colors.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't mind a lighter story as long as it's handled better then Colors.

This. Colors had a good story, but I would like more substance this time. (not dark. Substance.) :)

• Thumbs Up 6

Fixed that for you.

I don't mind a light-HEARTED story, but I don't want a light-CONTENT story. Like Colors. Which is what, I'm guessing, they meant when they said this game will have a light-story. I liked the tone of Colors. I liked the writing in Colors. But Colors' story as a whole was shallow as fuck. For a 20th anniversary game, bridging so many games together, I really don't wanna see that.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't mind a light-HEARTED story, but I don't want a light-CONTENT story. Like Colors. Which is what, I'm guessing, they meant when they said this game will have a light-story. I liked the tone of Colors. I liked the writing in Colors. But Colors story as a whole was shallow as fuck. For a 20th anniversary game, bridging so many games together, I really don't wanna see that.

They can make a light story without being so shallow can they? As long as the story isn't handled like Colors then I'm all for it.

They can make a light story without being so shallow can they? As long as the story isn't handled like Colors then I'm all for it.

Yeah, exactly, I'd love to see that. Heck, I really don't think a story about Sonic meeting up with his past self should be all that serious anyway; I'd love to see some cute, light-hearted charm, and hopefully some witty writing like Colors had (sans the translator "jokes"). But there has to be substance. I want to see the story actually flesh itself out and accomplish something, which Colors simply failed to do. But yeah, that's what I hope the plot accomplishes; beyond that, I really don't care.

What I'm waiting for now is a new trailer and level reveal. I'm guessing it'll happen on Thursday; that's when outlets that are covering the event (like G4 and IGN) will be covering Generations.

Edited by EXshad

Why must SEGA copy Iizukas trend of saying ACSHUN game lol.....

Edited by ChikaBoing

Actually most of us Adventure fanboys cry for the ability to control Sonic, not a race car.

Except Sonic is kind of like a race car, moving at such high speeds, Sonic shouldn't be able to turn on a dime ,which is why Unleashed have some awesome physics.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

So as always, the first details from E3 are crappy. Ah well, at least we get to hear the theme music in full. I like that they chose to use the S1 ending theme instead of the title one. It seems more special. Whatever the new stage is, if it's not features in the trailer I'm guessing it will be shown in IGNs interview.

Is anybody going to check the SEGA Press Vault to see if anything's up now?

Is anybody going to check the SEGA Press Vault to see if anything's up now?

Nothing's up. Don't worry, you'll know when there is something.

Twice Sega has promised a light story-- Heroes and Colors. Both times, the efforts were generally flat and tried to make up for it with a climax that wasn't all that hot or ended way too soon, respectively. I have no hope for the narrative now other than some awesome Sonic-to-Sonic talk.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldnt say that. Colours was light-years ahead of Heroes in terms of execution.

We can't really assess what a "light story" means. With Colours, they flat out stated that it was for kids between the ages of 6-11, a dozen times leading up to E3. Here, however, its been a lot more vague. They said the story will be as light hearted as Colours, but that could mean anything. Light-hearted is the tone, not the content of the story.

Whatever though, it shall be what it shall be. The dialogue should be pretty good though.

I will agree that Colors was better, but only in terms of characterization. Every character was written awesomely. Just...... plot points were dropped, and nothing happened until the end. Then before you could say, "Fuck yeah!" the climax was over. Just because it was written for kids doesn't mean the actual timeline had to be so uneventful. But regardless, I still have the two Sonics to look forward to as well as the other characters, and the chance of improvement in Shadow's acting. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

I have never understood why Sonic fans care so much about story details, especially in an anniversary game featuring 2 Sonic's of all things. Maybe its just me, but as long as its not embarrassingly dramatic(06' Shadow), I just never cared why Sonic needed to save the day. For me, characterization is more important than what actually goes on in the story, and even that is low on my concerns list.

• Thumbs Up 1

I care about both the plot and the characterization. But I'd have to say characterization is the more important, as it may affect the entire plot itself.

Edited by Tatsumaki

I have never understood why Sonic fans care so much about story details, especially in an anniversary game featuring 2 Sonic's of all things. Maybe its just me, but as long as its not embarrassingly dramatic(06' Shadow), I just never cared why Sonic needed to save the day. For me, characterization is more important than what actually goes on in the story, and even that is low on my concerns list.

I am not advocating for excessive details. I am advocating for a story that does more than meander about and drop its own mysterious plot points for 90% of the whole endeavor. I want a well-told narrative of the situation at hand, and it doesn't have to be Tolkien for that to be possible. Honestly, am I really asking too much for at least Sonic Adventure level of storytelling again where at least something is always going on until the end, and it's actually interesting, or do the series' writers have to be so bloody apathetic about what is actually a really interesting universe and cast of characters because, "Hey, there's two, large blue hedgehogs and that makes no sense"?

• Thumbs Up 1

They should just make a game where Sonic has to stop Eggman from using the giggle-ray so Eggman can have the last laugh.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1