Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

They should just make a game where Sonic has to stop Eggman from using the giggle-ray so Eggman can have the last laugh.

...The worrying thing is that I wouldn't put it past the Colours writers to do just that. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

....Do you want another Sonic 06? :mellow:

Some people might want another SA1. *shrugs*

A light story is absolutely fine. So long as there is some substance story wise, like there was with Unleashed, I'm cool.

Heh, SA1 may be one of my most favorite games of all time, but I would so hate the narration there, too. It's still too serious.

I'm all for a lighthearted story!

..So long as it doesn't have such a rushed plot like Sonic Colours. I mean, I loved the characterization in that game but there's parts like "What the hell happened to Yacker!" that makes me wish the plot wasn't so...simple. And why was Yacker's *snort* mum not in the Wii version?

Atleast Colours wasn't as bland and stupid as Heroes.

Edited by Gabz Girl

....Do you want another Sonic 06? :mellow:

He already explained himself earlier that he don't mind a light story but he don't want a light story with light content.

I am not advocating for excessive details. I am advocating for a story that does more than meander about and drop its own mysterious plot points for 90% of the whole endeavor. I want a well-told narrative of the situation at hand, and it doesn't have to be Tolkien for that to be possible. Honestly, am I really asking too much for at least Sonic Adventure level of storytelling again where at least something is always going on until the end, and it's actually interesting, or do the series' writers have to be so bloody apathetic about what is actually a really interesting universe and cast of characters because, "Hey, there's two, large blue hedgehogs and that makes no sense"?

I just want a story that doesn't insult my intelligence.

Then there's only one thing we can do.

...Call in the Doctor Who writers! If ANYONE understands how to write a funny, intelligent plot about travel through dimensions and time, and STILL have it make sense, it's those guys!

Except Sonic is kind of like a race car, moving at such high speeds, Sonic shouldn't be able to turn on a dime ,which is why Unleashed have some awesome physics.

He handles like a bar of soap in Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

When your running at full speed yes.

The Hedgehog Engine was improved greatly from there and back according to SEGA of America's director, Patrick Riley.

So I bet the "soapy handling" will be from almost nonexistant to extinct.

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sony had a snippet of Generations in their intro video for their conference. :D

Yep, I saw it too. ^_^ Twice!

A bar of soap, perhaps.

But if YOU were running at that kind of speed with nothing more than a pair of sneakers to provide traction, I think you'd have trouble handling yourself too.

If you have a choice between realistic but not fun and unrealistic but fun, the latter wins every time. Every, single, goddamn, time. Even for Sonic, even with all the talk about physics, if doing something unrealistically is more fun than doing it the way physics actually work, you do the fun thing. "It's realistic" is not an excuse for shitty controls.
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you have a choice between realistic but not fun and unrealistic but fun, the latter wins every time. Every, single, goddamn, time. Even for Sonic, even with all the talk about physics, if doing something unrealistically is more fun than doing it the way physics actually work, you do the fun thing. "It's realistic" is not an excuse for shitty controls.

Take it easy man. It goes without saying that Sonic controlled like balls in Unleashed, but only at the slow speeds was this a problem, when you're running at full speed, you shouldn't be able to turn on such a sharp dime, because it takes just one finger twitch to shoot you off the stage.

Did anyone post this yet?

southhall021.jpg[

southhall022.jpg

southhall023.jpg

SPOILERED BECAUSE PHOTOS ARE HUGE!

Wow...I mean wow. Sega went crazy with their booth this year. Color me excited. ^_^ Can't wait to see a trailer and info soon.

Edited by sonfan1984

Did anyone post this yet?

southhall021.jpg[

southhall022.jpg

southhall023.jpg

SPOILERED BECAUSE PHOTOS ARE HUGE!

OMG!!! Hype Mode Activated! Sega is going all out and why wouldn't. This is 20 years of Sonic The Hedgehog baby! Great stuff.

Edited by frokenok3