Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Hey folks, I'm working on a little treat for all of you who couldn't go to Sonic Boom. (such as myself!)

Hang tight, please don't jump off the forums in 3 minutes, it'll get here.

So the Director of this worked on these:

His orgin came from Sonic Riders, so he's probably from United Game Artists, so that's good...

BUT

Wow. This is good news. Not only does he have a more competent team than last time, he's actually improved.

Why the fuck does classic Sonic uncurl in the 3DS version when he doesn't even have the homing attack to defend himself in the air?! God Dimps, you dumb asses! :angry:

Also it's really stupid that they took the spindash away from modern Sonic in the 3DS version considering it's 2D only gameplay and modern Sonic has had the spindash in every other 2D game. Morons....... <_<

Edited by speedfreak

Wow. This is good news. Not only does he have a more competent team than last time, he's actually improved.

It's kinda funny imo, how Sonic Team/SEGA developers all developed something Great and some thing craptucalar at their life time.

Like Shun Nakamura developed Samba de Amigo(a Casual game in the early 2000's, brilliant and innovative move) and also directed 06.

We probably all know about Iizuka.

etc. etc. etc. Applies to many if you look at the developers list.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Why the fuck does classic Sonic uncurl in the 3DS version when he doesn't even have the homing attack to defend himself in the air?! God Dimps, you dumb asses! :angry: Morons....... <_<

See, that was their excuse in S4. It was a shitty excuse then and now it holds up even less. Ugh

Gah, having some conversion issues. I'm working on the video as I'm typing this. Please hang on a little longer.

EDIT: Sweet jalapeno chili on a jumbo frank, that's DOOMSDAY ZONE!!!

Edited by Indigo Rush

Hang on longer you say? Don't worry Inidigo, we'll never let go, even though it's a one way track. Just tell us how long this will last?

hurhurhurhur

• Thumbs Up 4

It's kinda funny imo, how Sonic Team/SEGA developers all developed something Great and some thing craptucalar at their life time.

Like Shun Nakamura developed Samba de Amigo(a Casual game in the early 2000's, brilliant and innovative move) and also directed 06.

We probably all know about Iizuka.

etc. etc. etc. Applies to many if you look at the developers list.

It does say a lot about what roles each Sonic Team member does better at others.

Naka was a better programmer than he was a producer.

Iizuka was a better game designer than he was a director.

Maybe this Hiroshi Miyamoto guy is a better director than he was a game designer.

Also, his last name is Miyamoto. He can't fail now. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

Classic Sonic doesn't loose all his rings? If you're going to bring back classic sonic then go all, or don't go at all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Watching the HD GHZ and CE gameplay, was that the original Sonic title theme or a remixed version on the zone/character select screen?

Either way...HOLY SHIT

Classic Sonic doesn't loose all his rings? If you're going to bring back classic sonic then go all, or don't go at all.

Guess you're not picking this game up, then?

Guess you're not picking this game up, then?

Dude this is like my first actual issue with the game. Though I'm still not sure if I'll pick it up.

When it comes to (3D) Sonic games I usually sit back and watch the Metascore before thinking about purchasing.

Edited by Balding Spider

I finally got to see the City Escape trailer from E3 and here's my thoughts:

I honestly feel like Sega drove a stake though my heart when I saw it. When I found out I was freaking excited about it. But when it started I felt like they killed my childhood. They changed City Escape into something else and it really didn't feel like CE at all. I would like to see this game succeed yes but I'm just iffy about these changes to such a classic stage.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I finally got to see the City Escape trailer from E3 and here's my thoughts:

I honestly feel like Sega drove a stake though my heart when I saw it. When I found out I was freaking excited about it. But when it started I felt like they killed my childhood. They changed City Escape into something else and it really didn't feel like CE at all. I would like to see this game succeed yes but I'm just iffy about these changes to such a classic stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, but you could say that about every stage that has been shown so far. Having the same layouts and gimmicks with a HD lick of paint would have been both boring and cheap in my opinion. I respect Sega for mixing things up and making it look amazingly fun.

But, if you don't like it, I guess I can understand.

Edited by Jaymeister
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's kind of sad to see multiple people feel this way about this game. Most of us agree that this is incredulously awesome. I mean, it just kind of ruins the fun out of everything if you always expect things to be perfect by your own interpretation of the word...

It's not really wrong to dislike it, but I wonder if people understand what this game was about in the first place.

EDIT: 20 minutes until finished uploading!

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's kind of the whole point of the game, old meets new, new meets old. And I think the levels do a good job of this, mixing new and old together. This game isn't aiming to be a carbon copy of the games it is based off of, but to let players re-experience these areas from Sonic's history in a new way, have throwbacks and set pieces to really get you remembering this and that and what about these old games or areas you loved, but also spicing it up with new stuff and pushing things to surprise fans and twist the old into something unexpected and new (the giant robot Chopper, the now batshit insane GUN Truck, and very likely more). Part of the fun in the title is to experience some of Sonic's past again in HD, but another part is that it's not just a carbon copy and expands things in new directions. This goes with the theme of the game, mixing old with new and new with old.

• Thumbs Up 2

*sniff*

So many, many, MANY pages of people being happy and optimistic. That right there is precisely the reason why I signed onto a Sonic forum again. To keep up on the news and a chance to see people get excited instead of depressingly negative about everything. You've made me so happy today :D

...well, except the 3DS game, but I don't really care about it, so meh.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to think the audience voices are citizens of the city, watching Sonic and singing as they're killed by a giant truck.

• Thumbs Up 4