Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Damn that's awesome! =D Love the Classic Sonic statue. <3

Where is that trailer SEGA? I'm hyped!

Edited by Gabz Girl

What do you think Sega does with all those statues when they're done with them?

I bet Iizuka has them spread throughout his house.

• Thumbs Up 1

The trailer will premier at Sonic Boom. Calling it now.

Likely. Unfair also unless they live stream it. The problem with doing things for the fans like this is that you inevitably leave a bunch of them out.

What do you think Sega does with all those statues when they're done with them?

I bet Iizuka has them spread throughout his house.

Really? I thought he had dash panels everywhere in his house.

• Thumbs Up 7

When is sonic boom again? lol

Wednesday. I have a hair appointment that day and I'm going to miss out on most of it. ;_;

How else do you expect him to get shit done so quickly, build momentum?

• Thumbs Up 3

Top of the staircase.

Tomorrow details really should start flooding in. Well, today really for the Eurolanders.

Edited by Blue Blood

Likely. Unfair also unless they live stream it. The problem with doing things for the fans like this is that you inevitably leave a bunch of them out.

They did this when we at TSS and various press members got to see Night of the Werehog first before anyone else at the Sonic Unleashed community day, so they likely would unveil a Generations trailer first at Sonic Boom before putting it online.

They did this when we at TSS and various press members got to see Night of the Werehog first before anyone else at the Sonic Unleashed community day, so they likely would unveil a Generations trailer first at Sonic Boom before putting it online.

Which is something I really don't understand. It's annoying enough that press get so many benefits (all with reason of course), but then when lucky fans get special treatment for like no reason it is just unfair. But anyway, I don't want to get hung up on what ifs. IF anything gets shown at Sonic Boom it will be shown to everyone else fairly soon. I doubt there'd really be anything there about the game specifically that won't get publicly showcased at E3 and online.

Edited by Blue Blood

Damn, now that's a panel! Props SEGA! :D

No silly, they are all at Dimps's building. They had to get the inspiration for Sonic 4's level design from somewhere.

The dash panels add challenge to getting up in the morning.

Good thing he carries one ring on him at all times!

• Thumbs Up 3

Light story is a major plus. Also...

Did anyone post this yet?

southhall023.jpg

SPOILERED BECAUSE PHOTOS ARE HUGE!

Edited by Jaouad

...Do you want another Sonic 06? :mellow:

No, I'd just prefer a story that isn't Sonic and Tails walking, talking about underwear being worn by salad, fucking up Eggman's shit, and then going back home and using "well, that's how we spend our time anyway" as an excuse for the events that just transpired.

That's all.

In short: he said LIGHT STORY. NOT LIGHT-HEARTED STORY. LIGHT. Inferring that he meant LIGHT ON STORY. The story could be morbid as fuck, but be "light" in the sense that there's only 7 cutscenes in the game. I'd love a light-HEARTED story, but I certainly want one that's going to be fleshed out, given the ground this game is meant to cover.

Hope that clears things up.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 2

When your running at full speed yes.

More like always. Push the control stick in a direction and Sonic almost immediatly switches to the bar of soap handling.

The Hedgehog Engine was improved greatly from there and back according to SEGA of America's director, Patrick Riley.

So I bet the "soapy handling" will be from almost nonexistant to extinct.

Words are cheap.

A bar of soap, perhaps.

But if YOU were running at that kind of speed with nothing more than a pair of sneakers to provide traction, I think you'd have trouble handling yourself too.

This reminds me that I was going to tell Nintendo that you can't have a black hole next to a planetoid with the only effect being a uniform gravity field over the entire planetoid. And that neither plumbers nor hedgehogs can breath in space or in a volcano.

I will concede that all but the most abstract games need to maintain some kind of grounding in reality so that the player knows what's going on, but you need to make sure that it's only in so far as it helps the game overall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't modern sonic look different on the last picture (Imo better) ? He's got shorter quills similar to classic sonic and is potbellied as well. Weird but it looks awfully natural to me.

He looks like classic Sonic but taller and a darker shade of blue.

Doesn't modern sonic look different on the last picture (Imo better) ? He's got shorter quills similar to classic sonic and is potbellied as well. Weird but it looks awfully natural to me.

To me, he looks like Classic Sonic, but a bit more streamlined, with slightly longer legs to balance out a slightly smaller belly. Like a hybrid of modern and classic Sonic, rather than one being super chubby and the other one being long and lanky. In fact, based on SEGA polling people of which Sonic they preferred (with Classic Sonic coming out on top, I wonder if Sonic will get another design change in the future to resemble something like that statue... who knows?

Edited by EXshad

based on SEGA polling people of which Sonic they preferred (with Classic Sonic coming out on top, I wonder if Sonic will get another design change in the future to resemble something like that statue... who knows?

;A;

;A;

But then the baaaw'ers win.

MORE.

That M.Sonci statue is a bit odd. He's even got C.Sonic ears!

;A;

;A;

But then the baaaw'ers win.

MORE.

Eh, true. I honestly never cared, Sonic's always looked fine to me. Even in Sonic 2006, his design made sense to me considering the realistic look the game was going for. And it was gradual, given how he slowly was getting taller from Adventure 2 to Shadow, and he even chubbed back up for Unleashed.

I think the only time you'd hear me really bitch about Sonic's appearance would be if he came out looking like this:

godawful-sonic-cosplay.jpg

Oh yeah. Green eyes are the LEAST of your problems motherfuckers.

Edited by EXshad

Yes! Reign, Classic Sonic! Reign supreme, for your time has come! Your hour is near at hand, you got the power to save the land!

• Bad Quality Post 2

That M.Sonci statue is a bit odd. He's even got C.Sonic ears!

I like it. It kinda reminds me of how sonic was evolving in the saturn era... you know like how he looked in the sonic jam cutscenes or the title screen from sonic R minus the green eyes.

Picture for reference.

39938-sonic-r-sega-saturn-screenshot-title-screens.jpg

Anyway, not wanna dwell offtopic too much. Just finding it a bit awkward lol. I mean I don't think i'd ever had a problem if sonic "evolved" like that.