Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

On second thought, I'd be up for Hyrdocity Zone to represent Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Chemical Plant Zone doesn't have enough water sections to be considered a full blown water level.

I'd be fine with Lava Reef Zone too, but then that would mean no Red Mountain for Sonic Adventure.

How bout this. Sky sanctuary for S&K. Red mountain for SA. We get a lava/volcano stage from SA and one of the sexiest pieces of shit from S&K. Win win? I think so.

How bout this. Sky sanctuary for S&K. Red mountain for SA. We get a lava/volcano stage from SA and one of the sexiest pieces of shit from S&K. Win win? I think so.

Yep.

Modern Sonic gets a sled ala Cool Edge, and Classic Sonic gets a snowboard. He got a skateboard in City Escape, remember? Not "technically" the same.

I'm talking about downhill boarding in general. What does Ice Cap's original version do that Modern Sonic's City Escape doesn't? Aside from the terrain, the actual actions seem very indistinguishable to me which now makes me hesitant to want to see it twice, or even thrice if Sega were to take a note from Adventure. It's funny too: Until City Escape was confirmed, I hadn't even thought that they'd essentially be reusing the boarding gimmick twice if it and Ice Cap were in the same version, which in turn made me understand how it could be such a unique addition to the overall package despite the fact that it's not my go-to S3 level.

He didn't confirm it to be fake, he simply said that after looking at the Jazwares toys even he thought the list might be fake. Jazwares are under strict rules from SEGA abotu what they can and can't make. TSSZ, in all it's glory =P, has since had the list sent to them and they think it's real. The only thing really going against it is that there's topic for the list at the SEGA forums and there's been no sort of damage control. We can't even tell if it's right or not yet because City Escape was fucking obvious and he "couldn't remember" the Unleashed level (which is also not shown on the toys). I'm just super worried that it'll be real. Chances are that the next stage to be revealed will be Chemical Plant so again it doesn't help because it's an obvious choice. What we need to see if one of the odd balls on the list is present or of there's a level that wasn't on there.

I can't really count on TSSZ to have any clout in the issue of whether or not the list is legitimate simply because... well, they're TSSZ. =P Nevertheless, sadness over the fact that Trunks hasn't outright denied it. Although on the subject of Jazwares' role in all of this, the fact that they have drawings for a Jawz toy gives me that little bit of hope. I mean, Jawz hasn't been nearly as interchangeable as the bee-based badniks have been. Sure, he's in Colors after years and years of dormancy, but he's totally synonymous with Hydrocity, so there's that. But you're right; we need to see levels that aren't so blasted iconic and obvious.

SonicRiders2.PNG

Hoverboards. :3

EDIT:

They're not really snowboards, skateboards, or large pieces of GUN flying vehicles, now, is it? :lol:

It's also a nice touch, seeing how all the energy coming out of the hoverboard agitates the snow and stuff.

The Extreme Gear races have hardly been quite as equivalent to either the Ice Cap or City Escape boarding segments, what with them being able to apparently fly, cover all sorts of ramps and loops and terrain, and boost at the cost of fuel.

They are cool, though. <3

@ Inferno: You never cease to make me lawl. laugh.gif

If they use Adventure's Ice cap, Sonic could be chased by that giant ball of snow, but yellow this time.

Sonic would be so pissed.

Yellow snow....You know what nevermind. It's Inferno. :P

I can't really count on TSSZ to have any clout in the issue of whether or not the list is legitimate simply because... well, they're TSSZ. =P Nevertheless, sadness over the fact that Trunks hasn't outright denied it. Although on the subject of Jazwares' role in all of this, the fact that they have drawings for a Jawz toy gives me that little bit of hope. I mean, Jawz hasn't been nearly as interchangeable as the bee-based badniks have been. Sure, he's in Colors after years and years of dormancy, but he's totally synonymous with Hydrocity, so there's that. But you're right; we need to see levels that aren't so blasted iconic and obvious.

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear about that. Jazwares haven't shown any sign of Jawz, I was simply referencing his Colours art (cause other Badniks use their Colours designs). Grabber on the other hand has a new design on Jazwares toys but wasn't in Colours.

Rooftop Run will have a chase sequence with either the Aero Chasers, Interceptor or both. No more, please.

It's Omochao. I'm sure I read someone's impression over at Retro that said he was in GHZ too. Hint character. At least it's not like in Unleashed and Colours where the gameplay stops when you hit a hint icon.

Yes, after stoping and replay the video's a couple of times, yes it's omochao.

I think he'll tag along for a while and we have to press a button for him to give tips or something cause we coulnd either hear him or saw any text message... and he was glowing. ¬.¬

Guys, even if that list is real, it might not be all the stages. Jazwares is making a classic Metal Sonic toy and a Classic Amy, I believe. I'm sure we'll see at least a CD stage. :U

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear about that. Jazwares haven't shown any sign of Jawz, I was simply referencing his Colours art (cause other Badniks use their Colours designs). Grabber on the other hand has a new design on Jazwares toys but wasn't in Colours.

Really? I thought there was series of model drawings from Jazwares posted around here that clearly showed Jawz with detailed shots of his head and his back propellors, along with other badniks such as Burrobot and Newtron. I'll have to find it.

Are we still talking about that fake list from Retro? Thought that shit died along with Sonic 06.

Sonic 06 hasn't really died. There's certain sub-sects of the fandom, both opponents and proponents, who will never let that game rest in peace for various reasons.

Sonic 06 hasn't really died. There's certain sub-sects of the fandom, both opponents and proponents, who will never let that game rest in peace for various reasons.

It's actually being used as a method of torture.

• Thumbs Up 5

I still think that the games where they'll take levels are represented with the game covers at Sega's booth. I tried to put this subject at Sega forums but was plain ignored and they kept talking about that other list

@Nepenthe: Eternal Awesomeness was using a clever joke....I'm sure every sonic fan on any forum is aware that there is still (and always will be) a Sonic 06 following

K, so sorry if this annoys anybody, but seeing as there are 73 pages now in this topic, I was wondering if there have been any new videos posted since page like, 40 or so. if so, is there anything new in them worth seeing?

Really? I thought there was series of model drawings from Jazwares posted around here that clearly showed Jawz with detailed shots of his head and his back propellors, along with other badniks such as Burrobot and Newtron. I'll have to find it.

This. All the detailed badnik art comes from Colours DS, except Newtron which is from Generations 3DS. The LQ stuff is either from the Jazwares toys or a screenshot of Colours.

colourandnewbadniks.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

@ MrROBOTO: I wasn't just talking about a fan following, but circumstantial mentionings of the game in an effort to sway opinions about other topics. Example: "How could you want humans in the series?! Remember what happened?!! *Sonic06boxart.gif*"

And here's that image I was talking about earlier, ironically posted by Blue Blood in the levels topic:

colourandnewbadniks.png

See? SEE! There's Jawz! Right there! With a color code and everything! He's relevant again aside from Colors, right?! This is circumstantial evidence that Hydrocity's coming back, right? Please, someone tell me that it's coming back! It has to come back. It is coming back, right? Eheheh....

tumblr_lkg8ybnkF61qgex26o1_400.gif

EDIT: Wow, that was a Super Ninja. And a complete dismantling of my theory. Well-p, time to plop in Mega Collection as I play Sonic 3 with tears in my eyes.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wasn't just talking about a fan following, but circumstantial mentionings of the game in an effort to sway opinions about other topics. Example: "How could you want humans in the series?! Remember what happened?!! *Sonic06boxart.gif*"

Eternal Awesomeness was making a joke that had nothing to do with swaying anybody's opinions about any topic. sense of humor anybody?

Eternal Awesomeness was making a joke that had nothing to do with swaying anybody's opinions about any topic. sense of humor anybody?

I just had a fake meltdown bookended with a Pinkie Pie gif. I think my sense of humor's on point. wink.gif

Regardless, what I said was merely clarification of my initial response to Eternal, not an elaboration on what Eternal actually said. Overall though, you seem to be saying that I responded inappropriately to his post. Must I e-laugh my behind off at every single joke posted on the forums, or can I not use some jokes as a springboard for a general point to make?

Edited by Nepenthe

K, so sorry if this annoys anybody, but seeing as there are 73 pages now in this topic, I was wondering if there have been any new videos posted since page like, 40 or so. if so, is there anything new in them worth seeing?

Uh there were a few. I recently posted one of GHZ at Sonic boom where the player playing M sonic took a path no other player has....YET.

Sky Deck, Lost World, Twinkie Park. All three are unique stage tropes, All three are epic. One of them needs to represent SA1. Anything else would disappoint.

My sentiments exactly, and in that preference order. Sky Deck would be amazing. Unfortunately, I can't get Trunks' list out of my head, even though it's probably not accurate. I love Speed Highway, really, but I just don't think it's a great stage to represent Sonic Adventure. Even if we didn't already have a city stage, it just doesn't convey the right feel for Sonic Adventure that Sky Deck (or even Twinkle Park or Windy Valley) would convey. Plus, Sky Deck would bring something new to Unleashed-style modern gameplay, with the wind and whatnot. Plus, the stage is FULL of platforming. Great opportunities for Classic and Modern Sonic alike. Can't go wrong.

Also jumping on the Hydrocity bandwagon.

Question for the boards:

Why do people like to lump Green Hill Zone as the same trope as Emerald Coast or any other beach level? Is it because Seaside Hill exists as a fusion between the two or something? I honestly can see them using Emerald Coast and making it far more unique than Green Hill with more sandy beaches, boardwalks and underwater ocean-reef exploration.

I mean, really. Honest question. Why?

sunny-beach-palm.jpg28kiowh.jpg5y7n4.jpg

Those do not look like the same place to me.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Because they're both tropical locations, and in general, a tropical location seems to be the most common starting trope for Sonic games. It's that simple, really.

Although I've personally never seen them as similar beyond that. When I imagine Emerald Coast, I don't even connect it with Seaside Hill.

Because they're both tropical locations, and in general, a tropical location seems to be the most common starting trope for Sonic games. It's that simple, really.

Although I've personally never seen them as similar beyond that. When I imagine Emerald Coast, I don't even connect it with Seaside Hill.

But aren't both Rooftop Run and City Escape considered to be urban levels? And isn't City Escape a first level as well? I mean, it seems like a pretty lame excuse to exclude one of the series' most iconic levels of all time.

I guess there's also Speed Highway, but that's another city level, too (though it could also be made very unique, can't have myself displaying double standards, now). The other levels from Sonic Adventure aren't exactly unanimously agreed upon as fan favorites. Ice Cap is pretty much Ice Cap though, if they're going to include that, it'd be from Sonic 3.

There just isn't much sense in including something else, the philosophy of Generations isn't trope organization, it's fan favoritism. Tropes are certainly considered, but are secondary at best.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

But aren't both Rooftop Run and City Escape considered to be urban levels? And isn't City Escape a first level as well? I mean, it seems like a pretty lame excuse to exclude one of the series' most iconic levels of all time.

I guess there's also Speed Highway, but that's another city level, too (though it could also be made very unique, can't have myself displaying double standards, now). The other levels from Sonic Adventure aren't exactly unanimously agreed upon as fan favorites. Ice Cap is pretty much Ice Cap though, if they're going to include that, it'd be from Sonic 3.

There just isn't much sense in including something else, the philosophy of Generations isn't trope organization, it's fan favoritism. Tropes are probably considered, but are secondary at best.

People don't casually stereotype the city levels because they usually aren't game starters and thus playing off an extremely iconic gaming trope in general. It's GHZ's level of familiarity that allows easy classification of other tropical levels as being nothing but the obligatory Sonic game opening, hence why Emerald Coast is easier to casually dismiss than Rooftop Run is in comparison to City Escape, although I see your point.

But frankly, a lot of people didn't want Rooftop Run simply because of City Escape, (like me *waves bye to Jungle Joyride*). In fact, there's a group of people who don't want Unleashed included at all.

I agree with you on another thing, though: The general philosophy of Generations is certainly fan favoritism. However, I don't think it's the only one. It'd be unwise to ignore the fact that the Sonic series has always used a wide range of environments, and that in and of itself is an iconic tradition. If every fan favorite amounted to city or tropical levels, it would be a rather drab celebration, hence why that prior list got so much heat. Getting in as many tropes as possible is as utmost a responsibility as making sure those tropes are some of the most nostalgic.

• Thumbs Up 1