Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Really? I'm loving the humour to fill the time between new info :lol: Those Orcas have seriously made my day, guys. I tip my hat to you all.

Is there a repost of the IGN City Escape footage? It's been removed and I was really looking forward to see it. :(

Time zone differences make this really hard - when all the new information is released, it's 6AM or so where I live, then by the time I wake up...BAM 20 pages of discussion have been added!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZLNEOxvHoY&feature=feedu

Along with my last post before the page and a half of spam.

Well here we go with something better to talk about than the random stage converation.

So what the heck is that?

YouTube-E32011IGNLiveSonicGenerations-GoogleChrome_2011-06-10_00-00-21.png

And for anyone who didn't see this because they were busy, Sonic stuck on a speed booster. :lol:

YouTube-E32011IGNLiveSonicGenerations-GoogleChrome_2011-06-10_00-01-40.png

And just because I liked the questions the guy was asking but couldn't really stay um you know, here is what I snatched. She makes up for the glitch. :lol:

BLONDE.png

Restarting costs a life.

I'm sorry to derail this topic but your avatar is freaking creeping me out. :unsure: That's just wrong for Nintendo to put that in any of their NON rated M games. It's hard trying to stay on topic and pay attention to what people say.

Continuing with the search....Thanks Konoha. People better watch that before it gets snatched down like the youtube counterpart.

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

This is Emerald Coast as you truly imagined it.

tropicalfever0000.jpg

I'm starting to think we should be the new Sonic team XD.

I'd also like to make a quick point that the "GUN" truck is even too over-the-top to use guns, XD.

Edited by Wolfy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzcZf5Z4O3cSKIP to :15Can't find anything but I hope this works. Just a dumb video of some loser who posted the mega FAIL of the glitch with BG music saying PINGAS!

Thankyou so much! Perfect :)

The multiple pathways in Classic's level are thrilling, I love that they haven't ignored the power of the third-dimension to add a lot of depth to those alternate paths. The momentum platforming and build up of speed needed to get across the gap...ahhh, wonderful SEGA! The spammable SA1-style spindash, eh, not so pleased about (it seems to almost function like a boost) but it's by no means a deal-breaker. I'm just so impressed by the level design...what a treat. It takes me back just looking at it, I'm itching to get my hands on this level. Looks like so much fun! Even the GUN truck fits perfectly, reminds me of the Hydrocity wall. Wonder what happens if it smashes everything before you manage to make it up to the next storey.

I'm not sure what I think of the fixed height from bouncing off badniks...on the one hand, it would help with calculating timing and such, but on the other hand that takes a lot of fun out of it. Bit like the lock-on on the homing attack, I really enjoyed trusting in the power of my own stick-skillz where Sonic was gonna turn up next :P

The speed of Modern's level is MELTING MY EYES. The openness..those multiple paths.... did--did I just see USING A JUMP DASH TO CROSS A PIT?! Unleashed formula is now perfected in my mind. Oh, SEGA, just take my mo--

*sees glitch*

Oh, SEGA <_<

Not that I mind, I am sure bugs will be ironed out over the next six months and even if not, the glitches are really not a game-breaker for me...only a source of more entertainment. Glitch or not, this footage hypes me. So much.

You brought up a good point, Extryn. If it was Unleashed, an air boost would have been suicide.

I am eager to get my hands on this demo now. Modern gameplay is slowly looking more and more appealing.

That really annoyed me in Unleashed; I felt that the air boost was a bit of a statement against precise platforming. I fondly remember especially in SA1/2 using the homing attack to get a little more airtime or length on my jump, eg in Final Chase with those rails, or SA1 where you could skip entire portions of a level with careful application of your spindash. I felt like Sonic's repertoire of moves was really designed to let you take advantage of them and make the level your playground, but a failing of Unleashed for me (and I love Unleashed regardless) was how limited you were in what you were allowed to do in a level. There was a set corridor, and you obeyed it - you couldn't take advantage of Sonic's moves, you only did the action the game designers wanted you to do to achieve your objective. Even the multiple paths and hidden areas in Unleashed were often in that kind of really...I hate to use this word, since it has so much negative stigma in the fanbase, but a linear manner.

EDIT: Actually, I lie, in Sonic Unleashed's DLC they had some REALLY innovative level design that took advantage of exactly those things in the way I wanted to see. Playing with the level gimmicks there was a TON of fun to play through, worth the extra money of the DLC, though of course I would have loved to see it implemented more in the main levels. The only complaint I have there is that the less tight controls of Unleashed made a lot of those levels more difficult than they needed to be. Not that I can really talk - I've only beaten Eggmanland once *sigh*

I feel like over Colours and especially Generations though this has been fixed; I really enjoyed some of those homing-attack sections in Colours where you could reach multiple paths, and City Escape in Generations especially is taking advantage of the ways you can use Sonic's moves to play with a level and its alternate paths. Way better level than GHZ which suffers from that very directed gameplay just a little - but it is the first level.

Edited by Extryn

Thankyou so much! Perfect :)

Anytime. ;) Hope you also saw the Gamespot gameplay too. It shows the crazy ass truck chasing Modern at the end of the stage.....but the camera changes back to the interview people before it completely finishes. http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318512/

Anytime. ;) Hope you also saw the Gamespot gameplay too. It shows the crazy ass truck chasing Modern at the end of the stage.....but the camera changes back to the interview people before it completely finishes. http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318512/

You bet I saw it. That truck. I would marry that truck.

• Thumbs Up 1

My friend brought up an interesting theory about our good friend, The Truck. We've asked time and time again, who could have the motivation to go on such a rampant, destructive mad chase for Sonic? We had thought the driver had been Nicochi, wanting M. Sonic dead. This made sense until we saw that there was also a truck trying to kill C. Sonic as well.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we may now know the truth behind The Truck's dark past. There are, in fact, two trucks; separated at birth. One was given to Nicochi, who went on his wild rampage to destroy M. Sonic. So who was the other given to? Who would have such a strong desire to wipe C. Sonic from existence?

Dimps.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh please don't bring that conversation back up. That tied with the picture spam as one of the most annoying this I've seen in this topic.

You bet I saw it. That truck. I would marry that truck.

:lol: :lol:

Oh please don't bring that conversation back up. That tied with the picture spam as one of the most annoying this I've seen in this topic.

It wasn't spam. We were discussing how they could bring back old level gimmicks such as the orca and make them new and creative. What's that? Shooting lasers out of its mouth is too stupid to take seriously?

Did you expect that truck to sprout buzz saws and fly after you using its new jet pack propulsion system whilst causing tall buildings to crumble completely in its wake? ... Didn't think so. I'll keep my laser shooting mecha whale, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

kinda of old news but oh well.

Joystiq:

After showing E3 attendees a new level in Sonic Generations, game producer Takashi Iizuka highlighted some of the extra content that can only be found in the 3DS version. "One important thing to say about the Nintendo 3DS version is that besides Green Hill Zone, which is the starting zone on all versions, all the stages on the Nintendo 3DS version will be different from the stages that are seen in the PS3 and 360," Iizuka said.

Generations will revisit and remix levels from Sonic's entire history, including his Genesis and Dreamcast outings, but only the 3DS game may borrow stages from older handheld games. "For the PS3 and 360, none of the stages we're selecting are going to be from the handheld," Iizuka explained during a brief Q&A session. "However, on 3DS we're looking at picking stages from handheld as well."

The portable version of Generations will also offer a special stage, a two-player versus mode and a battery life that should effortlessly summon nostalgia for Sonic's Game Gear days.

If the 3DS version has Sunset Park, I may just have to pick it up. I freaking love that level (and its music).

Oh, and guys? HOW horrendous was the glitch? Was it prevalent throughout the whole demo!? *epicfailSEGAforthenthtime* XD

You know what's strange about that glitch? Those boost pads don't even appear in the E3 trailer. Take a look:

0:52 There are no boost pads on that wall. Guess they've already fixed this little bug?

It was only a one time occurrence in the demonstration. Sonic got stuck between a speed booster and a concrete ledge on the big wall run down the building. The demonstrator cleared up that the glitch will be fixed in the final release.

The bigger question to me is why were there speed boosters on a wall with Sonic going down?

God finally! i caught up with this topic!!

I leave off on page 36 and then when i get back it was page 50 something. i've been reading ever since but i should've skipped pages 40-55 because all it is was fangasaming and BIG TEXT, really to be honest you guys are mindless posters when new footage is posted.

Now i leave this topic and it can die for all i care. it should pass off anyways E3 is over, time to move on.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 8