Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

God finally! i caught up with this topic!!

I leave off on page 36 and then when i get back it was page 50 something. i've been reading ever since but i should've skipped pages 40-55 because all it is was fangasaming and BIG TEXT, really to be honest you guys are mindless posters when new footage is posted.

Now i leave this topic and it can die for all i care. it should pass off anyways E3 is over, time to move on.

Edited by DragonSoul
  • Thumbs Up 5

You know what's strange about that glitch? Those boost pads don't even appear in the E3 trailer. Take a look:

*video*

0:52 There are no boost pads on that wall. Guess they've already fixed this little bug?

I doubt the trailer is from an earlier build. It takes less time and effort to make a trailer than it does a demonstration build for press events.

I doubt the trailer is from an earlier build. It takes less time and effort to make a trailer than it does a demonstration build for press events.

So am I the only one saddened that out of all the videos shown we still haven't seen that Spinball drift?

So am I the only one saddened that out of all the videos shown we still haven't seen that Spinball drift?

Nope. I had to go out of my way to figure out how to do it. The guy ahead of me did it one time, and no one else playing except for me and the other guy watching me knew how to do it. And we both spammed it relentlessly. You're never forced to in the demo, much like the stomp, but the random curves during straight aways are obvious what its for.

You mean the spin dash drift? The new move Modern Sonic has? because in one of the videos you can see it for a second.

Edited by Balding Spider

Well since Sonic kinda runs in the middle of curves and you're fenced in, you don't need to use it in GHZ. It just increases you precision, and cuts corners when you're moving at high speeds. My only experience drifting was in Colors, but in Generations it's significantly more precise and more fun. From what I remember when I played Unleashed for one sitting, there's a huge learning curve for drifting, and it still looks slippery. Not so with Generations. You estimate the distance from the curve, and you can more or less hug the corners every time if you try with L or R trigger. The spinning animation is just a really cool touch that really ties into Sonic's seemingly forgotten rolling abilities. And since your speed carries(and even increases) as you drift, you can maintain ball form through each upcoming curve, until you're at a straightaway.

Edited by thatguyfrom03

No problem man. Sounds really cool! ^^ I can't wait for the demo to try it myself.

Well now we have to wait for the next zone reveal which will probably be Rooftop Run. I am excited about the suprise on Sonic's birthday. Is it the demo? but it's been already revealed. Wha could it be?

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

Something tells me that the next zone reveal will be from the Dreamcast era. And regarding the suprise I'm placing my money on a random cutscene or some sort of contest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stolen from a different topic.....

The event was incredible the demo of sonic generations had more challege then i expected. And the remixes gave me unstoppable shivers...yuji naka walked right next to me...(and here's a nice little tip if your dashing as modern sonic repeatedly press LT and RT to stay in ball form).

Wait soooo you can stay in the ball mode? :blink:

kinda of old news but oh well.

Joystiq:

Handheld stages? Please please PLEASE pick Frontier Canyon. That stage deserves in for its sheer awesomeness.

Oh, okay. I know one thing that can make this image better.

fkbq8p.png

EXPLOADING TEILS WHAILS AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh, and guys? HOW horrendous was the glitch? Was it prevalent throughout the whole demo!? *epicfailSEGAforthenthtime* XD

I laughed so hard at this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stolen from a different topic.....

Wait soooo you can stay in the ball mode? :blink:

... That's interesting.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure i've seen it. Give me a minute....Here you are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la5GPRv4pGE

Put the time at 4:05 and wait until 4:18

you're welcome! :)

Just saw your post of the GameSpot video. Just how did I not notice this? :lol:

Thanks, man. :D

And I actually dig that move's look. Perhaps it's only purpose is eye-candy, and nothing more? Or does it help with drifting?

• Thumbs Up 1

So whenever classic Sonic gets hit he just falls down like Modern sonic, and when Modern gets hit he gets launched backwards like Classic. While in the 3DS version it's the other way around? :blink:

So whenever classic Sonic gets hit he just falls down like Modern sonic, and when Modern gets hit he gets launched backwards like Classic. While in the 3DS version it's the other way around? :blink: